Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: not a safe place for Jews

Message 1 of 15

Panj. wrote-The reality is that despite Jared and Ivanka being jews, Trump traffics in anti-semitism for political gain which greenlights scum like the alt right. When someone walks, talks, and quacks like a duck.....they're probably a duck.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Speaking of walking and talking like a duck ,you have to remember 8 years of Obama. He and the Jews never got along.Obama and Netanyahu obviously never liked each other and    Obama always took the Muslims side in any disagreements. BTW- Obama, like several other Presidents ,promise to move our Embassy to Jeruselam from Tel Aviv and never follow through. Trump did and now we have a great relation with Isreal. Dems have been more anti-semitic than Republicans in the recent past.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
No. They like my husband. They don’t like Muslim immigrants. Racists always say stuff like, “oh but he’s not like other Muslims.” Or black people or Jewish people or fill in the blank. .................It would be nice to have an idealistic world, but that will not happen. I think we have to learn to be kind ourselves within our own area of responsibility and unfortunately accept the fact that there will not be peace and harmony. I have also accepted the fact that the chaos, hate and discord are what some look forward to. I'm a happy person and that is my responsibility. My brother who is my only sibling is not. I can't change him no matter how much I would like to. This is his pattern of life.

I think we all have the responsibility and civic duty to fight racism and bigotry. 

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
No. They like my husband. They don’t like Muslim immigrants. Racists always say stuff like, “oh but he’s not like other Muslims.” Or black people or Jewish people or fill in the blank. .................It would be nice to have an idealistic world, but that will not happen. I think we have to learn to be kind ourselves within our own area of responsibility and unfortunately accept the fact that there will not be peace and harmony. I have also accepted the fact that the chaos, hate and discord are what some look forward to. I'm a happy person and that is my responsibility. My brother who is my only sibling is not. I can't change him no matter how much I would like to. This is his pattern of life.

I think we all have the responsibility and civic duty to fight racism and bigotry. 

It would be the "Christian thing to do".......no?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

muslim fundraiser.jpg

Muslim Groups Set a Donations Goal for Pittsburgh Victims. They Raised Five Times as Much
The campaign on LaunchGood, a Muslim-focused crowdfunding site, blew past its $25,000 goal.

The campaign page invites all faiths to contribute, and the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh will work directly with the Tree of Life Synagogue to distribute the funds to the injured victims and grieving families.
"Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate and violence in America." the LaunchGood page says.

Shay Khatiri, an Iranian immigrant studying in Washington DC, was also inspired to help. He launched the Tree of Life Synagogue Victims campaign on GoFundMe on Saturday with a goal of $50,000. Khatiri has been inspired by the outpouring of support. More than 10 thousand people have donated, raising over $600,000.
"Everyone talks about how divided we are. But in such a tragic moment, Americans are always powerful and indivisible in trauma," Khatiri said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pittsburgh-shooting-muslim-led-launchgood-fundraiser-raises-money-for-f...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@n566192l wrote:

Well in reality there doesn't seem to be any safe places for any Americans. with all the mass shootings in schools concert Halls bombs being sent to people. Maybe we should all go back to building root Cellars

Years ago, they had places for unstable people but society decided it was better to have unstable people walking amongst us with heavy medications (if they took them). We still have them (mental institutions) but people decided it was unkind to house people that were unsafe to society, so it is tough to qualify as INSANE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

Well in reality there doesn't seem to be any safe places for any Americans. with all the mass shootings in schools concert Halls bombs being sent to people. Maybe we should all go back to building root Cellars

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

easyed598:  Fake news strikes again-His daughter,son in law,and grandson are Jews. Reality escapes Democrats,

The reality is that despite Jared and Ivanka being jews, Trump traffics in anti-semitism for political gain which greenlights scum like the alt right. When someone walks, talks, and quacks like a duck.....they're probably a duck.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@Soosie wrote:

That means absolutely nothing. My parents’ son in law is a Muslim immigrant and they still hate Muslim immigrants. You think bigotry goes away because of who your kids marry? Lol.............@ManicProgressive........Have you ever considered they may not like this person for other reasons?  I'm sure a lot of parents don't care for a son-in-law.  I am surprised that you would label this as a dislike for Muslims when there could be other reasons for the dislike. Seems labels are heavy on the minds of some in this group.

No. They like my husband. They don’t like Muslim immigrants. Racists always say stuff like, “oh but he’s not like other Muslims.”  Or black people or Jewish people or fill in the blank. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

That means absolutely nothing. My parents’ son in law is a Muslim immigrant and they still hate Muslim immigrants. You think bigotry goes away because of who your kids marry? Lol.............@ManicProgressive........Have you ever considered they may not like this person for other reasons?  I'm sure a lot of parents don't care for a son-in-law.  I am surprised that you would label this as a dislike for Muslims when there could be other reasons for the dislike. Seems labels are heavy on the minds of some in this group.

Kudos
Views