Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

no evidence of accidental release  by China

SARS began in America.  The novel corona virus appears to have had its start in China. Neither was the result of an accidental release from a lab no matter how much the Trump administration wants that to be the case. Evidence continues to exonerate the Chinese lab in Wuhan. Unfortunately, evidence also continues to mount demonstrating a complete lack of competence by the the Trump administration.  Trump needs to find a new excuse for the mess his pandemic response has created. ITYS

 

 

On Thursday, the U.S. intelligence community released an assessment formally concluding that the virus behind the coronavirus pandemic originated in China. While asserting that the pathogen was not man-made or genetically altered, the statement pointedly declined to rule out the possibility that the virus had escaped from the complex of laboratories in Wuhan that has been at the forefront of global research into bat-borne viruses linked to multiple epidemics over the past decade.

While intelligence analysts and many scientists see the lab-as-origin theory as technically possible, no direct evidence has emerged suggesting that the coronavirus escaped from Wuhan’s research facilities. Many scientists argue that the evidence tilts firmly toward a natural transmission: a still-unknown interaction in late fall that allowed the virus to jump from a bat or another animal to a human.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/chinese-lab-conducted-extensive-research-on-deadly-... 

Honored Social Butterfly

I copied this for my follow up file because Trump claimed he was going to release evidence  "shortly".  This is a usual pattern for this Administration. He makes a wild claim and then hopes no one will remember it. 

 

Do....not.....trust.......Donald.........Trump 

 

 

White House Will Release ‘Conclusive’ Evidence Coronavirus Originated In Wuhan Lab

 

BY:  Christian Datoc

 

President Donald Trump suggested during Sunday night’s Fox News town hall that his administration will soon release “conclusive” evidence showing how the coronavirus originally leaked out of China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology.

 

“I don’t think there is any question about it,” Trump responded when asked a question on whether China’s action allowed the pandemic to spread across the globe.. He proceeded to tell host Bret Baier that the administration “will be giving a very strong report on what we think happened, and I think it will be very conclusive.”

 

The president has repeatedly claimed to have seen evidence the virus leaked out of a research facility, and his latest comments come the same day that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo maintained the administration has compiled an extensive report on the virus’s lab origins.

 

“We have said from the beginning, this virus originated in Wuhan, China.. We took a lot of grief for that from the outset.. But I think the whole world can see now,” Pompeo said on ABC Sunday morning.. “Remember, China has a history of infecting the world and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories.”

 

“These aren’t the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

 

0 Kudos
2,183 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

“We have said from the beginning, this virus originated in Wuhan, China. We took a lot of grief for that from the outset. But I think the whole world can see now,” Pompeo said on ABC Sunday morning. “Remember, China has a history of infecting the world and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories.”

 

“These aren’t the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
2,367 Views
4
Report
Esteemed Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

“We have said from the beginning, this virus originated in Wuhan, China. We took a lot of grief for that from the outset. But I think the whole world can see now,” Pompeo said on ABC Sunday morning. “Remember, China has a history of infecting the world and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories.”

 

“These aren’t the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

 

 

 


It seems Pompeo might be eating crow.

 

Pompeo said in an interview with Breitbart that aired Saturday that "we know it began in Wuhan, but we don't know from where or from whom, and those are important things."

Pompeo has for weeks publicly espoused the theory that the virus that has infected more than 1,400,000 Americans originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, claiming in an interview earlier this month that there was "enormous evidence" and a "significant amount of evidence" this was the case. He later conceded that he couldn't be certain of its origin and that the evidence that it came from "the vicinity" of the Wuhan lab "could be wrong."

Read entire article.

 

So here it is two weeks later, and I'm guessing the "very strong report on what we think happened, and I think it will be very conclusive" that IMPOTUS told Fox News would be released soon (after all, he says he saw the evidence) won't be happening anytime soon. 

 

Ah well, on to the next distraction away from his bungling and ineptness.

0 Kudos
2,211 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Jim:

When Pompeo was asked for proof he could provide none. There is a report that pressure was put on the Intel people to provide support to what he said even though at this time they do not have it. The reports this afternoon say everything in the WH is now geared toward Trumps reelection not controlling the virus. Trump Campaign people are now in charge not the medical people.

Recognized Social Butterfly

JimC91 wrote "

“We have said from the beginning, this virus originated in Wuhan, China. We took a lot of grief for that from the outset. But I think the whole world can see now,” Pompeo said on ABC Sunday morning. “Remember, China has a history of infecting the world and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories.”

 

“These aren’t the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

 

Jim, by the time most people get out of grade school, they have a good idea what is and is not evidence.  There is no doubt that the first known case was in Wuhan. 

This does NOT mean it was released from a lab.  Since we know this is NOT a man-made virus, Occam's razor would say natural transmission is the root cause.  A lot of infections come out of China strictly because of the size of the Country, whether labs are "substandard" or not.  Again, moving lips with no actual proof. 

While there is no doubt that the Chinese government's handling of this has been horrible, it appears that Trump is simply trying to "pass the buck" in order to distract from his awful response.

WHEN THEY ACTUALLY RELEASE THEIR REPORT, GET BACK TO ALL OF US.  Until then, this is ridiculous and continuing to post misinformation only WEAKENS your argument.

Social Butterfly

 Pompeo said on ABC Sunday morning. “Remember, China has a history of infecting the world and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories.”

 

“These aren’t the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

 

 

 

 I'm sure he has examples supported by facts. Right? I mean, our Secretary of State wouldn't make up stuff as he goes along like, say, our President? Would he? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump World doesn't deal in facts. They deal with words and expressions such as:

  • I believe it
  • It appears to be
  • It's likely 
  • I was told
  • Others believe it also
  • There's agreement

In the world of science, were PROOF is required, the words above are meaningless.

0 Kudos
1,598 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Majority Of Intelligence Community Agencies Believe Coronavirus Leaked Out Of Wuhan Lab, Senior Intel Official Says

 

BY:  Peter Hasson

 

The majority view among the U.S. intelligence community agencies is that COVID-19 is natural and accidentally leaked out of a laboratory in Wuhan, China, a senior intelligence official told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

 

While not all of the 17 agencies that make up the IC are fully behind the idea that the novel coronavirus was an accidental laboratory leak, most believe that to be the case, according to the senior official. The official added that the holdouts are still open to the possibility that the virus leaked from a laboratory.

 

The unanimous view of the IC is that the virus was not the result of an intentional act, the senior official noted. 

 

(RELATED: WHO Says China Blocking It From Investigation Into Coronavirus Origin)

 

That official’s account confirms what Fox News White House reporter John Roberts reported Saturday, and matches with what President Donald Trump has said publicly.

Roberts cited a senior intelligence official in reporting that “there is agreement among most of the 17 Intelligence agencies that COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan lab. The source stressed that the release is believed to be a MISTAKE, and was not intentional.”

 

“Sources say not all 17 intelligence agencies agree that the lab was the source of the virus because there is not yet a definitive ‘smoking gun’. But confidence is high among 70-75% of the agencies,” Roberts added.

 

 

John Roberts
 
@johnrobertsFox
 

A Senior Intelligence Source tells me there is agreement among most of the 17 Intelligence agencies that COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan lab. The source stressed that the release is believed to be a MISTAKE, and was not intentional.

 
 
 

 

John Roberts
 
@johnrobertsFox
 

Sources say not all 17 intelligence agencies agree that the lab was the source of the virus because there is not yet a definitive “smoking gun”. But confidence is high among 70-75% of the agencies.

 

 

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed in a statement Thursday that the IC is “rigorously” investigating whether the virus was a result of a lab leak, while making clear that COVID-19 is not believed to be “manmade or genetically modified.”

 

Trump said during a press conference Thursday that he has seen information that indicates with a high degree of confidence that the virus originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

“Have you seen anything at this point that gives you a high degree of confidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was the origin of the virus?” Roberts asked Trump Thursday.

 

“Yes, I have,” Trump answered. “And I think the World Health Organization should be ashamed of themselves because they’re like the public relations agency for China.”

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
1,597 Views
8
Report
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@jimc91  wrote:

“Have you seen anything at this point that gives you a high degree of confidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was the origin of the virus?” Roberts asked Trump Thursday.

 

“Yes, I have,” Trump answered. “And I think the World Health Organization should be ashamed of themselves because they’re like the public relations agency for China.”

And...?

 

Roberts: "I asked him directly... and he really didn't go down the road of a concrete answer, but he did suggest that is something he is looking at blah, blah, blah"

 

0 Kudos
1,623 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

jim

You had this up before and it was not true then, or now. Support article backs that up as I pointed out.

Now a new support from same far right never tell the truth but it slipped again. It says China will not let the WHO join the probe and that is bad. Well Trump cut all funding to the WHO and is pulling us out of it, but the far right paper thinks that is good. Our far right at work destroying the USA, and being supported by the enablers.

0 Kudos
1,601 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Majority Of Intelligence Community Agencies Believe Coronavirus Leaked Out Of Wuhan Lab, Senior Intel Official Says

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
1,593 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Jim: 

Majority Of Intelligence Community Agencies Believe Coronavirus Leaked Out Of Wuhan Lab, Senior Intel Official Says

 

Just want to make sure this is not misinformation or fake news:

  • What is the source of this statement? Breitbart, WAPO, personally overheard in the restroom.............???
  • Who said it? If anonymous, how was it verified? (Like the NYTimes and WAPO do)
  • Does putting it in larger type make it more believable? 
Honored Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

 

Just want to make sure this is not misinformation or fake news:

  • What is the source of this statement? Breitbart, WAPO, personally overheard in the restroom.............???
  • Who said it? If anonymous, how was it verified? (Like the NYTimes and WAPO do)
  • Does putting it in larger type make it more believable? 

**************************************************************************************************************

tRump supporters don't need legitimate sources or facts for that matter, neither does tRump.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
2,379 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

White House Will Release ‘Conclusive’ Evidence Coronavirus Originated In Wuhan Lab

 

BY:  Christian Datoc

 

President Donald Trump suggested during Sunday night’s Fox News town hall that his administration will soon release “conclusive” evidence showing how the coronavirus originally leaked out of China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology.

 

“I don’t think there is any question about it,” Trump responded when asked a question on whether China’s action allowed the pandemic to spread across the globe. He proceeded to tell host Bret Baier that the administration “will be giving a very strong report on what we think happened, and I think it will be very conclusive.”

 

The president has repeatedly claimed to have seen evidence the virus leaked out of a research facility, and his latest comments come the same day that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo maintained the administration has compiled an extensive report on the virus’s lab origins.

 

“We have said from the beginning, this virus originated in Wuhan, China. We took a lot of grief for that from the outset. But I think the whole world can see now,” Pompeo said on ABC Sunday morning. “Remember, China has a history of infecting the world and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories.”

 

“These aren’t the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

 

(RELATED: Majority Of Intelligence Community Agencies Believe Coronavirus Leaked Out Of Wuhan Lab, S...

 

Trump clarified Sunday night that he doesn’t view the coronavirus as a malicious action from China.

“Personally I think they made a horrible mistake,” he told co-host Martha MacCallum. “They didn’t want to admit it. We wanted to go in but they didn’t want us there. World Health wanted to go in.”

 

“They tried to cover it, they tried to put it out,” he continued. “It’s like trying to put out a fire. They couldn’t put out the fire.”

 

The White House is actively investigating ways to hold China financially accountable for its role in allowing the pandemic to spread across the globe. Officials did not respond when asked by the Daily Caller when the president’s aforementioned report will be publicly released.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
2,396 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

JimC91: President Donald Trump suggested during Sunday night’s Fox News town hall that his administration will soon release “conclusive” evidence showing how the coronavirus originally leaked out of China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology.

 

So, we can assume that if Trump does NOT release such evidence in the next.....say 2 weeks?...that he is once again, lying through his teeth?  How is he doing on Obama's birth certificate, anyway? 

Recognized Social Butterfly

So, you are saying that he just because he told Brett Baier something (without any supporting evidence) that it is true.  Or is it the rumors by the Daily Caller that you think make your position stronger?

 

If he actually releases anything, THEN it will be news, right now, as usual JimC you are just posting gossip and misinformation.

 

Who knows, when the President releases evidence of this, do you think he will also release all of the evidence that he found in Hawaii that Obama was not a citizen?

 

You know what they say Jim, fool me once shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer: 

We ALL get our information from the media or press briefings. This is an investigation and it's just beginning. How can you possibly carry china's water for them? You know they lie, steal, cheat and treat the world like the locusts they are. The EU release a condemnation, UK and Australia. The blame is clearly on the chinese communist party. Multiple states are suing them. This isn't a political issue, it's an investigation. 

 

Again how long did Mueller take? 

 

I'llwait for our investigation to publish their findings.  However the chinese communist party has a very well documented history of malfeasance. You KNOW this!

 

Just beginning? How much zero evidence do you have to not find before you realize your theory is incorrect? You can never PROVE something did not happen so the investigators checked in all the right places and made a call. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump tries to say that China hid the severity of Covid-19.

 

America's own Military Intelligence told the tRump Administration about the severity of Covid-19 last November.

 

So ............... since the tRump administration was told about the severity of Covid-19 last November, didn't they hide the severity of Covid-19?

 

tRump is trying to distract from his own mishandling of this pandemic.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
1,601 Views
0
Report
Silver Conversationalist

Here's what we DO know: tRump and Republicans have spent the last 50 years finding "bright shinys" to distract their lofo base from what they're really doing. The GOPerLords figure if they can start a CT that this is somehow a sneaky Chinese weapon, then they can get their lofos to swallow the notion NOBODY could've seen what was coming, and Putin's ToadPOTUS cannot be blamed for waiting TWO MONTHS before acting.

 

The reality is our allies on Taiwan told us what was really going on in China in NOVEMBER 2019. tRump called Xi to confirm, Xi lied, tRump swallowed it because it made him happy, and then waited until 31 Jan to ban CHINESE travelers from entering the US, but allowing AT LEAST 430,000 travelers FROM CHINA, including 4,000 direct from Wuhan, to enter the US without ANY health check on arrival. The infected among that half-million travelers fanned out across the US and by March, the spread of the unopposed disease could not be ignored, so tRump told the GOVERNORS it was there problem to solve.

 

While Toad refused to give assistance to the GOVERNORS of our States, he sent a letter to his BFF Kim Jong-un pledging OUR support for COMMIE NORTH KOREA!

0 Kudos
1,574 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Dear Gruffstuff, I am waiting for the shrieks of denial by RW - the source concluded what may RW will deny:   Evolution!    

 

Here is a video that shows exactly how the current WH regime behaved.   https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-01/china-state-media-propaganda-video-mock-us-coronavirus/122048...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Interesting factoid about bats.

 

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2020.00026/full 

 

In recent years, viruses similar to those that cause serious disease in humans and other mammals have been detected in apparently healthy bats. These include filoviruses, paramyxoviruses, and coronaviruses that cause severe diseases such as Ebola virus disease, Marburg haemorrhagic fever and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in humans. The evolution of flight in bats seem to have selected for a unique set of antiviral immune responses that control virus propagation, while limiting self-damaging inflammatory responses. Here, we summarize our current understanding of antiviral immune responses in bats and discuss their ability to co-exist with emerging viruses that cause serious disease in other mammals. We highlight how this knowledge may help us to predict viral spillovers into new hosts and discuss future directions for the field.

0 Kudos
482 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

no evidence of accidental release by China

 

No evidence the genome of the virus was tampered with either.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

SARS began in America.  The novel corona virus appears to have had its start in China. Neither was the result of an accidental release from a lab no matter how much the Trump administration wants that to be the case. Evidence continues to exonerate the Chinese lab in Wuhan. Unfortunately, evidence also continues to mount demonstrating a complete lack of competence by the the Trump administration.  Trump needs to find a new excuse for the mess his pandemic response has created. ITYS

 

 

On Thursday, the U.S. intelligence community released an assessment formally concluding that the virus behind the coronavirus pandemic originated in China. While asserting that the pathogen was not man-made or genetically altered, the statement pointedly declined to rule out the possibility that the virus had escaped from the complex of laboratories in Wuhan that has been at the forefront of global research into bat-borne viruses linked to multiple epidemics over the past decade.

While intelligence analysts and many scientists see the lab-as-origin theory as technically possible, no direct evidence has emerged suggesting that the coronavirus escaped from Wuhan’s research facilities. Many scientists argue that the evidence tilts firmly toward a natural transmission: a still-unknown interaction in late fall that allowed the virus to jump from a bat or another animal to a human.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/chinese-lab-conducted-extensive-research-on-deadly-... 


Thanks for the information and reliable source, Rich.  A reliable and trusted source is an excellent wat to initiate a discussion.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
681 Views
14
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

No one can reach a conclusion without all the evidence in play. It's an ongoing investigation. I'll wait to see what is discovered. I don't trust China, and clearly they're attempting to CYA all over the globe. The Chinese communists are the world locusts. They have a history.

China is walking like a duck.... so

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
660 Views
13
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer wrote:

 

No one can reach a conclusion without all the evidence in play. It's an ongoing investigation. I'll wait to see what is discovered. I don't trust China, and clearly they're attempting to CYA all over the globe. The Chinese communists are the world locusts. They have a history.

China is walking like a duck.... so

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

Contempt prior to investigation. tRump supporters are "walking like a duck".


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
1,415 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer: No one can reach a conclusion without all the evidence in play. It's an ongoing investigation. I'll wait to see what is discovered. I don't trust China, and clearly they're attempting to CYA all over the globe. The Chinese communists are the world locusts. They have a history.

China is walking like a duck.... so

 

I have no idea what "walking like a duck" means if there is zero evidence of an accidental release by China.  The conclusion is that the Trump administration's lastest "look over there" attempt is also built on sand. You need not trust the Chinese but the total lack of evidence makes me wonder why this crazy theory got started in the first place. Oh right, Trump needed to hide his incompetence. Nevermind, asked and answered. 

Honored Social Butterfly

So because "no evidence" that you know has been publish for public consumption... then we should move on? That's nuts.

 

Increasingly...  the responsible free nations are looking at Chinese communist government with a stink eye. I can list them if you like. It's obvious China is our adversary and has committed an atrocity against mankind. 

 

patience grasshopper, we'll know more. How long did it take Mueller again? 

 

** if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... must be a duck.

**If china steals and commits genocide against it's own people... they're locusts.

 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
572 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

PLEASE list all the nations that are looking at the Chinese government with stink eye and explain in detail what stink eye looks like, and works.

Trump told us that China created all of this so that Trump would not win the election, and Trump was going to strike back at China. Now Trump takes something he told us was about him and wants to use the people of the USA as pawns as he strikes back.

One report is that Trump will cancel the US debt to China. We owe China more than any other country. They have been buying our bonds for years. If Trump does that we could end up in a war as no country is going to allow another country to just say we wont pay what we owe you. To allow that will destroy the worlds way  countries handle money matters between them. Trump uses the US to settle what he says is something between him and China.

Here I think is the real reason. Trump is flying a trial run on cancelling the US debt which is so large due to him it will never be paid off. Here is what he could do. 1. Cancel things like the SS and Medicare Trust funds. (Keep in mind these funds are invested in US Bonds.) 2. Cancel US savings bonds 3. Cancel all money loaned to the US govt. by Banks, people corp. (Most retirement funds etc have US gov. bonds in them).

 By doing that Trump gets rid of mos of the National Debt. You say it can not happen. Dream on. If Trump get to be full Dictator no one can stop him. Some will say it can not happen. Go back 3 years and they were saying that same thing about what Trump is doing today to all of us.

Honored Social Butterfly

One report is that Trump will cancel the US debt to China. We owe China more than any other country. They have been buying our bonds for years. If Trump does that we could end up in a war as no country is going to allow another country to just say we wont pay what we owe you. To allow that will destroy the worlds way  countries handle money matters between them. Trump uses the US to settle what he says is something between him and China.

 

The heck with China. No other country in the world would ever buy our debt again if Trump did that.  Add this to the huge Trump deficit we had before the pandemic and what it is going to take to keep us afloat under the Trump administration and we would have tons of debt with no one to buy. Can he be THAT stupid?  God.........he can be can't he?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png