Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: image of a black man

Message 11 of 30

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Simply studying the history of our country shows the rich white men oppressing the poor and anyone of a different skin color than them, facts that cannot be denied.

Studying labor history in this country shows the same. Heck the rich whites imported the Chinese to build the railroad and the sit down strike (protest) by the Chines and others was one of the first 'strikes'.

Even the Constitution was written with rich (white) land owners being the only ones who could vote. 'rich white land owners' back then were 'rich white males'.

Sure, the slaves were freed. Women and blacks gained the right to vote. We even have the equal rights laws passed in the early sixties. We wouldn't have to have laws against discrimination/oppression if there weren't so many willing to do the discriminating/oppressing.

Unions were formed to stop oppression and discrimination.  Unions fought for equal rights for all. It was working, so the grand ole' Republicans started pumping dollars into getting RTW laws passed on the state level to weaken and destroy unions.

Just studying the long history of labor in America is an eye opener about the roots of racism and sexism and it's long history in America.

Many deny history for different reasons, some because they see nothing wrong with how it was and yearn for it to return.

Our history does show us to be imperfect. The question arises, what do we do - trash the whole thing and start over?? If not, our government and our laws will continue to be the product of those "rich white men".

Since you brought up RTW again - how can one demand the right to organize while denying the right to not organize and call that "fair"?

Good idea - Alt Right, BLM, KKK, antifa and everyone else are all entitled - some formally organized, and some not - that under the law have absolutely equal rights to organize, demonstrate and speak freely and publicly about their perceptions regarding their opposition...

Freedom of speech doesn't include drowning out or shouting down a speaker - but it does permit heckling, use of vile epithets, and does include the constitutionally permitted free speech display of the middle finger in opposition to a speaker. 

Isn't it a shame the incredibly stupid trump ran his rallys as he did?

Anyone who attacks a person who is lawfully and constitutionally displaying a middle finger in opposition to a speaker is guilty of criminal breach of law - and should spend some time in jail considering their criminal conduct...

Equality under the law...

Remember - there have been more than just a couple of instances in which the ACLU argued in favor of - and won - court decisions granting the KKK and other racist groups to demonstrate...

That sword cuts in both directions, you know...

By golly, that was one big bulletin. Gotta put the reading glasses to see all that stuff below the thumb tack.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Simply studying the history of our country shows the rich white men oppressing the poor and anyone of a different skin color than them, facts that cannot be denied.

Studying labor history in this country shows the same. Heck the rich whites imported the Chinese to build the railroad and the sit down strike (protest) by the Chines and others was one of the first 'strikes'.

Even the Constitution was written with rich (white) land owners being the only ones who could vote. 'rich white land owners' back then were 'rich white males'.

Sure, the slaves were freed. Women and blacks gained the right to vote. We even have the equal rights laws passed in the early sixties. We wouldn't have to have laws against discrimination/oppression if there weren't so many willing to do the discriminating/oppressing.

Unions were formed to stop oppression and discrimination.  Unions fought for equal rights for all. It was working, so the grand ole' Republicans started pumping dollars into getting RTW laws passed on the state level to weaken and destroy unions.

Just studying the long history of labor in America is an eye opener about the roots of racism and sexism and it's long history in America.

Many deny history for different reasons, some because they see nothing wrong with how it was and yearn for it to return.

Our history does show us to be imperfect. The question arises, what do we do - trash the whole thing and start over?? If not, our government and our laws will continue to be the product of those "rich white men".

Since you brought up RTW again - how can one demand the right to organize while denying the right to not organize and call that "fair"?

Good idea - Alt Right, BLM, KKK, antifa and everyone else are all entitled - some formally organized, and some not - that under the law have absolutely equal rights to organize, demonstrate and speak freely and publicly about their perceptions regarding their opposition...

Freedom of speech doesn't include drowning out or shouting down a speaker - but it does permit heckling, use of vile epithets, and does include the constitutionally permitted free speech display of the middle finger in opposition to a speaker. 

Isn't it a shame the incredibly stupid trump ran his rallys as he did?

Anyone who attacks a person who is lawfully and constitutionally displaying a middle finger in opposition to a speaker is guilty of criminal breach of law - and should spend some time in jail considering their criminal conduct...

Equality under the law...

Remember - there have been more than just a couple of instances in which the ACLU argued in favor of - and won - court decisions granting the KKK and other racist groups to demonstrate...

That sword cuts in both directions, you know...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 30

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

YOUR views, not that of a link you found?

no soup for you.

What does that mean? It sounds like you can not formulate an opinion but can only repost links someone has sent you.

Here it is. >>>the "I'm better than others because I attack my race""<<<brown1.jpg

Being called a race traitor like this guy was says a lot more about the people doing the calling. Its an admission of defeat, and agreement they can no longer speak or act without betraying what they actually are.

I dunno. Once again it is seeing things through that prism of race. If you see people as people, is that not admirable?

And the above depends on circumstances. If one encounters a person berating a person specifically for his race, certainly speak up. But then there are those that call one a racist for defending the Constitution and the rights it grants citizens - not good.

Like I said, the circumstances are certainly a factor.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 30

@MIseker thanks for the sources! I'll check them out.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 30

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

rk, you need to be honest with yourself and everybody else. Fox has become a never-ending Willie Horton ad, constantly implying Black=Bad and feeding the Republican dogma of racism.

While that is not true, I can see why you might see it that way through your racism prism. Since the marching orders of the radical left is, "Any one who disagrees with us is a racist" it is only natural. Your Republican comment above is a perfect example.

Black people get tired of being shot dead by police, suddenly that discontent is RACIST.

Do they not get tired of being shot dead by their neighbors? 7 dead , 35 shot Labor Day weekend in Chicago.

Rioting happens in many neighborhoods, but only the black ones get air time.

Possibly you have stats, not just biases to offer.

More air time for Birthers than moderate Republicans during the entire Obama Administration.

You will, no doubt be offering proof. Surely not just another on of "those" facts.

Republicans accept support from Nazi's, the KKK and the POTUS puts the biggest media supporter of the Alt-Right in the Whitehouse as his top advisor, and Fox says NOTHING.

Would you like Fox news in charge of White House staffing??

Polling places in black communities get closed by the hundreds, but the only stories about vote suppression feature pictures of a single group calling itself the New Black Panthers.

Again - proof of the closings? Actually, wherever I have lived, polling place schedules are constantly changing their schedules based on past demand. But, naturally, if the normal course of events occurs in  a black neighborhood, that becomes "racism" through the racist's prism.

So show the negative - Fox reporting uplifting stories about blacks who aren't neo-Republicans who sound more than a little racist themselves.

Again - that pesky prism.

Again - that bogus opinion - completely devoid of any factual basis - the same kind of disingenuously fabricated mendacity as that ludicrous neo-marxist offal...
Still the same classic projection as ever - enthusiastically swallowed hook line and sinker by RWNJs from sea to shining sea...
44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 30

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

no soup for you.

You are right Mlseker.  "You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat"

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

@rk9152 wrote:

no soup for you.

What does that mean? It sounds like you can not formulate an opinion but can only repost links someone has sent you.

Here it is. >>>the "I'm better than others because I attack my race""<<<brown1.jpg

Being called a race traitor like this guy was says a lot more about the people doing the calling. Its an admission of defeat, and agreement they can no longer speak or act without betraying what they actually are.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
I tried to get into imagery on another thread but I think someones brains were too small to relate.

But yes, thats how it works. Show 14 black looters repeatedly nationwide and white michiganders in suburban Detroit will stay with Trump. It really is that simple, and the simple minded dont get it. they never worry about who is ( imagery : pschyodelic animation) opening the top of their head and pumping a truckload of manure in, top line of it showing thru their eyes ( that sparkle, watching dancing looters carrying tvs and white women) , BIG BROTHER logo in the corner of their tv as they drool on their remote...Keep on truckin

Again, the racist prism of the left raises it's ugly head. If you mean the Carlson report, was it shown repeatedly in Michigan? Or is that a "vision" that supports your "racist" preconception?

And then more of the imagined imagery - TVs and white women.

With all these thoughts running through your brain I guess it is understandable that you think others are equally racist. That allows you to say, "Yes, but I have white guilt, so I am more noble". When in reality, those are your visions, not everyone's.

sorry I dont have white guilt.  Nice try. go back nd look at the link i posted about fox and the looters again. with all these hurricanes i suspect your wires may be down.

Forget links you posted, it's just between us guys (generic).

There were looters. A person being interviewed was incenses that people (note: "people") would take advantage of the tragedy to steal from another person (note: "person"). That person expressed his disgust with such people (note: "people").

And, naturally, the "I'm better than others because I attack my race"" crowd peered through their racism prism and saw something that wasn't there.

no soup for you.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors