Arthritis remedies now target inflammation as well as the ache. Learn more in AARP’s series: Getting Smart About Chronic Pain.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: doctors to NRA

Message 1 of 3

The NRA bought and paid for Far Right Republican response is simple - More Guns for Profit !!! Again the Far Right Grand Old Plutocrats are on the wrong side of issues that effect our Safety and Health !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: doctors to NRA

Message 2 of 3

Yup. This is very much a health issue.

I still have a 12 and 18 year old at home. Their doctor asks them a series of lifestyle questions at their wellness exam.  The doc asks things like using seat belts, whether there are guns at home, and whether anyone at home smokes. 

Guns at home increase the family’s risk of suicide, homicide, and accidental injury. And Suicides have been increasing significantly over that past 20 years. I just took a Narcan training course and apparently suicide by OD is common among firefighters. I asked why it wasn’t as common among police, since they deal with similar stress.  The instructor, who is a crisis intervention expert with the police, said police use their service weapons instead. While a service weapon is a different situation than a civilian’s guns, to health care practitioners, all guns still represent a health risk....be it an accident, or intentional homicide or suicide....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

doctors to NRA

Message 3 of 3

Do you know how many bullets I pull out of corpses weekly?' – doctors to NRA

Physician slams organization after it criticized those who want to reduce gun deaths by tweeting ‘stay in your lane’

Dr Judy Melinek, a San Francisco-based forensic pathologist, saw the headline on her way into work early Friday.

Kudos
Views
Replies