Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: big reversal

Message 21 of 25

Let's keep it real NOT , add over 4 TRILLION to Obama's bill from the Iraq War , Iraq Rebuilding and it's Disabled soldier's Care. Do you have any idea how many Disabled Soldiers alone we have from the War of Lies ?

Be honest look at the Recession GW Bush left Obama. Come on Man !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

Trump made the promise to wipe out the debt in 8 years (not the deficit as Washington Post claims).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-09/trump-promised-to-eliminate-national-debt-in-eigh...

Remember that Obama took eight years to double the debt form $10 trillion to $20 trillion (100% increase). I have my doubts if Trump can meet his promise. Even keeping the $20 trillion debt from escalating will be difficult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

This is the biggest reason I joined " AARP and Social Security Works " to fight the Right to Preserve and Strengthen our Earned Benefits ( Social Security & Medicare )

Keep Fighting the Good Fight for our Senior's and Disabled !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25

@gruffstuff wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/02/11/in-big-reversal-new-trump-budget-will-giv...

In big reversal, new Trump budget will give up on longtime Republican goal of eliminating deficit

President Trump on Monday will offer a budget plan that falls far short of eliminating the government’s deficit over 10 years, conceding that huge tax cuts and new spending increases make this goal unattainable, three people familiar with the proposal said.

I predict a recession is going to come along and make matters worse. Republicans 

exploded the deficit, when the recession comes, and they always do, that explosion will become a mushroom cloud.

The solution ........ do i have to say it.

We have to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Long term implications of that will be state budgets will be crushed, people with government benefits or benefits owed to them will have to take a haircut. 

Historically that has always been the litany from the Right, but it really doesn't have to be this way.  Have we been damaged?  You bet we have!!!!  Is it irreversible?  Not yet!  November is just around the corner.  Before it arrives, 'the donald' will move to solidify his grip on power any way that he is able.  Count on it.  It is the job of all thinking, rational people to take charge of the future before he and his sycophants can.  The first order of business is to stop allowing the RRRR get by with crap because we afford them respect.  Liars do not deserve respect for liars do not respect you.  Make sense?  I think so.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

big reversal

Message 25 of 25

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/02/11/in-big-reversal-new-trump-budget-will-giv...

In big reversal, new Trump budget will give up on longtime Republican goal of eliminating deficit

President Trump on Monday will offer a budget plan that falls far short of eliminating the government’s deficit over 10 years, conceding that huge tax cuts and new spending increases make this goal unattainable, three people familiar with the proposal said.

I predict a recession is going to come along and make matters worse. Republicans 

exploded the deficit, when the recession comes, and they always do, that explosion will become a mushroom cloud.

The solution ........ do I have to say it.

We have to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Long term implications of that will be state budgets will be crushed, people with government benefits or benefits owed to them will have to take a haircut. 

Kudos
Views
Replies