AARP Opposes Attempts to Remove the ACA's Law Age Rating Limits and Pre-Existing Conditions Protections. Learn More!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: big reversal - update

Message 1 of 25

The Debt - according to Treasury.gov
45’s term starts on 01/20/2017; total debt outstanding is $19,947,304,555,212.49

On 02/12/2018 the total debt outstanding is $20,673,916,370,594.86. 

On 03/13/2018 the total debt outstanding is $20,972,809,767,485.34.

Total outstanding debt increased by $299 billion from February to March.

As such, I charge the sitting president with an increase of $1,026 trillion in total debt.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: big reversal

Message 2 of 25

@rker321wrote:

Isn't funny that now the Republicans are the ones that are spending all the money without any concerns about the deficit?  who knew?

I believe that many Republicans have made the decision that having bankruptcies is not such a bad idea, after all look at Trump and all of his bankruptcies.

They must be in fashion these days.

I wonder what the Freedom Caucus, Tea Party people are saying these days? will they blame this President for spending this country into oblivion?

We really as Americans need to start being the ones that start by defending ourselves from all of these politicians that are no on a spending spree.

We need a 360 degree change. We need to become Americans and ditch the idea that we must be either Republicans or Democrats.

rker.....the GOP is a fraud and have been, IMO, since they decided to waive the Tea Party banner.  I The difference between the far-right/Conservatives and moderate Republicans has never been greater in my lifetime.  That's the cause of the divisiveness in this country, again, IMO.  The gap between far-left and moderate left is rather minuscule in comparison. The gap DOES exist on the left as well.....Obama was seen as too moderate by many more Liberal Democrats.

History shows the GOP talks a bid game when it comes to fiscal responsibility, but it's usually when a Democrat is in the White House.  They had an open wallet when the Bush's and Reagan were in office.  They like the big new shinny weapons of war over social responsibility.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 25

Isn't funny that now the Republicans are the ones that are spending all the money without any concerns about the deficit?  who knew?

I believe that many Republicans have made the decision that having bankruptcies is not such a bad idea, after all look at Trump and all of his bankruptcies.

They must be in fashion these days.

I wonder what the Freedom Caucus, Tea Party people are saying these days? will they blame this President for spending this country into oblivion?

We really as Americans need to start being the ones that start by defending ourselves from all of these politicians that are no on a spending spree.

We need a 360 degree change. We need to become Americans and ditch the idea that we must be either Republicans or Democrats.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 25

The Debt - according to Treasury.gov

45’s term starts on 01/20/2017; total debt outstanding is $19,947,304,555,212.49

On 02/12/2018 the total debt outstanding is $20,673,916,370,594.86

I charge the current president with an increase of $727 billion in total debt.

The Deficit - according to the Congersional Budget Office (CBO)

The CBO reports the fiscal year end 2017 deficit to be a beastly $666 billion.  They also report that the federal budget deficit for the first 4 months of fiscal year 2018 was $174 billion, an increase of $16 billion over the same period last year.

I charge the current president and the Congressional republicans responsible for passing the 2017 fiscal year budget with a deficit of $840 billion.

======

It seems to me that this topic started out discussing the president’s budget and its big reversal regarding deficits.  Somewhere along the line the talk turned to debt.  We, the people of these United States all share the same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  And we all enjoy the right to the freedom of speech.  So go ahead and float your boat.

Folks, you can argue all you want about threats from adversaries outside our nation and what could and should be done about them.  But the debt and deficit are threats created from within.  The information above comes from within (i.e. the Treasury and the CBO).  Whether you like those sources or not at least recognize that they are there and openly report this stuff - it’s not top secret.  It’s there and you can use it or not.  I use it to inform my decisions regarding who will represent me in public office.

However, I was informed a long time ago to give unto Caesar, or any government within these United States, what is due to them.  I’ll give to God what is His, and remember, that what I do to the least of us through my vote, I do to Him.

My God, if we are going to argue about debts and deficits then let’s spend some money on butter.  Maybe we can even spend money teaching people how to fish.  God knows we have enough guns.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 25

Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans are masters ar commiting arson and blaming the fire department for the damage.

Reagan's obscene taxscam TRIPLED the National Debt, redistributed TRILLIONS of dollars from the middle class to the very top of the 1%. destroyed the connection between worker's increased productivity and increased wages and shifted the burden of paying for our civilization from those who can afford it to those who cannot. Reagan's legacy is a $1.936Trillion increase in the debt plus $114Billion in service on that NEW debt every year for 30 years for $3.810Trillion.

jrbush lied us into two worthless unwinnibal and never ending Wars that have squandered 6000 Branve American lives, maimed 70,000 and left over 1,000,000 with PTSD. His wars and taxscam for the Uberrich DOUBLED the National Debt adding $4.765Trillion and a debt service cost of $249Billion every year for the last decade or another $2.490Trillion in new debt. hIS WORTHLESS WARS COST ANOTHER $1.5TRILLION.

So here'swhere the debt came from:

$1.936 Trillion Reagan taxscam

$3,810 Trillion service on Reagans scams

$4.765 Trillion jrbush taxscams

$2.490 Trillion service on jrbush scams

$1.500 Trillion jrbush worthless unwinnabloe wars GOPers won't end

$14,501 trillion FROM 2 GOPer POTUS, 72.5% OF ALL THE DEBT FOR 240 YEARS

While the GOPers squandered our National Treasure, they also made college unafordable, eliminated free public education and allowed the ones dividing business profits to keep it all for themselves instead of sharing it with the workers who produced the profits.

Before Reagan, parents didn't have to shell out an additional $200 to $500 per child so they could attend FREE Public Schools and participate in Sports, Music or other extra-criiculiar activities. College could be paid for with a summer job.

If workers wages and productivity had continued to rise together as they had for the 40 years before Reagan, the average wage in the USA today would be $84,000 and CEO's would only make 10-20 times what the workers did instead of 400-1500 times as much.

What did YOU gain from reagan and jrbush handing trillions to the Uberrich?
Why do you think other Republicans will do more if only you elect them so they can cut more rich people's taxes, like Lemontop getting rid of the tax on the sperm lottery?

The ignoble Donald supporters are spewing nonsense,because that is what they do.    What will those people do when the interest rates rise, which is predicted by Munchkin...do the wizards here somehow believe that will not affect the national debt?     For all the whining, they will totally ignore that interest rates that will affect the debt levels in the US - because that is what they do.   

They will spew nonsense, until the current regime hurts them, cuts their pension and increase their healthcare costs. etc.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 25

Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans are masters ar commiting arson and blaming the fire department for the damage.

Reagan's obscene taxscam TRIPLED the National Debt, redistributed TRILLIONS of dollars from the middle class to the very top of the 1%. destroyed the connection between worker's increased productivity and increased wages and shifted the burden of paying for our civilization from those who can afford it to those who cannot. Reagan's legacy is a $1.936Trillion increase in the debt plus $114Billion in service on that NEW debt every year for 30 years for $3.810Trillion.

jrbush lied us into two worthless unwinnibal and never ending Wars that have squandered 6000 Branve American lives, maimed 70,000 and left over 1,000,000 with PTSD. His wars and taxscam for the Uberrich DOUBLED the National Debt adding $4.765Trillion and a debt service cost of $249Billion every year for the last decade or another $2.490Trillion in new debt. hIS WORTHLESS WARS COST ANOTHER $1.5TRILLION.

While the GOPers squandered our National Treasure, they also made college unafordable, eliminated free public education and allowed the ones dividing business profits to keep it all for themselves instead of sharing it with the workers who produced the profits.

Before Reagan, parents didn't have to shell out an additional $200 to $500 per child so they could attend FREE Public Schools and participate in Sports, Music or other extra-criiculiar activities. College could be paid for with a summer job.

If workers wages and productivity had continued to rise together as they had for the 40 years before Reagan, the average wage in the USA today would be $84,000 and CEO's would only make 10-20 times what the workers did instead of 400-1500 times as much.

Why do you think other Republicans will do more if only you elect them so they can cut more rich people's taxes, like Lemontop getting rid of the tax on the sperm lottery?

As usual, a cry for wealth redistribution based on a fraud. The Reagan years saw an increase in revenues to the Treasury BUT it was more than eaten up by increased spending. The neoMarxists always seem to overlook the two sides to deficit spending. Also overlooked is the fact that Reagan was handed a failing economy and under invested in military. He brought back the economy and built up the military to the point of ending the Cold War.

So, type taxscam, Uberrich, GOPers, and Lemontop all you want but it does not make the point that somehow cutting one person's taxes causes another to earn less.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 7 of 25
Would give you 10 kudos if I could.
Trusted Social Butterfly

big reversal

Message 8 of 25

In a March 31, 2016 interview with the Washington Post, Donald Trump promised to eliminate the United States' $19 trillion in debt in eight years. But we cannot reduce or eliminate the debt when the annual deficit continually rises.

The new budget deal and last year's tax cuts herald the return of trillion dollar-plus deficits. Last year, Trump's budget predicted a $526 billion budget deficit for the 2019 fiscal year starting Oct. 1; instead, it's set to exceed $1 trillion once the cost of the new spending pact and the tax cuts are added to Congressional Budget Office projections.

What Congress instead delivered on Friday was a budget law which would increase defense by $80 billion this year and boost nondefense appropriations by $63 billion. For the 2019 budget year submitted on Monday, and Trump's plan as originally devised would adhere to the old limits. Congress has already shattered the spending cap by $153 billion.

"Our leadership caved. The swamp won. And the American taxpayer lost," said Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., on CBS' "Face The Nation."

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 25

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 25

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump made the promise to wipe out the debt in 8 years (not the deficit as Washington Post claims).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-09/trump-promised-to-eliminate-national-debt-in-eigh...

Remember that Obama took eight years to double the debt form $10 trillion to $20 trillion (100% increase).  Only if you choose to remember that most all of the debt Obama incurred was the cost of Bush's and the GOP Congress's tax cut, two unfunded wars and near depression.  Just saying......

GW's debt was already added. Not the interest on the highest debt in history (at the time).  If Obama continued any GW programs, then that was HIS debt. I charge the debt to the sitting President and not try to blame someone else like liberals do.  Well, that's silly.  Most reasonably intelligent folks would look at what a president does or doesn't do as indicated in the link in the post below.

Ridiculous post! Not worth commenting.

Yet you did anyway .... contradicting your own post!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!