Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
175
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

175 Views
Message 81 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:

And we've always been on topic It called Discrimination.  starting with the children to this.

 

The topic isn't about Discrimination, it is about juveniles being held in a Juvenile correctional facility, transferred there because of behavioral problems.  You are intent on changing it into discussion about Mexican-American immigrants in the military. 

 

Perhaps you should start a separate topic about them?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

181 Views
Message 82 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:


As I said before Corporal Jimenez's death and thousands of other immigrants shows that child as American as you and I deserves a to be here.  More than a bone spurring citizen who refuses to fight.


No one deserves to be here unless they obey the immigration laws and comes here legally.  Only those non-citizens under special circumstances are allowed to enlist, mainly those possessing a green card.  There are others who may enlist depending on special conditions.

 

From what I gather Jimenez might have possessed a green card.

 

So now can we get back to the topic?


Mexican-Americans and Mexican immigrants sought to enlist in the U.S. Army at the outbreak of World War II to show their loyalty and to demand civil rights upon their return.

Among the immigrants to join were Dr. Hector P. Garcia of Corpus Christi, Texas, and cotton farmer Macario Garcia of Sugar Land, Texas. Both would become key figures in the Mexican-American civil rights movement.

Macario Garcia gained national attention in 1944 after he destroyed two Nazi enemy emplacements and captured four prisoners. He was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry Truman and was treated to a hero’s welcome in Houston.

The day after a party in his honor, a diner outside Houston denied Garcia service because he was Hispanic. Garcia fought with diner staff and destroyed part of the restaurant in anger. After a national outcry, charges against Garcia were dropped.

The fight was later portrayed in the 1956 movie “Giant,” starring Rock Hudson and James Dean.''

And we've always been on topic It called Discrimination.  starting with the children to this.

 
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
206
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

206 Views
Message 83 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:


As I said before Corporal Jimenez's death and thousands of other immigrants shows that child as American as you and I deserves a to be here.  More than a bone spurring citizen who refuses to fight.


No one deserves to be here unless they obey the immigration laws and comes here legally.  Only those non-citizens under special circumstances are allowed to enlist, mainly those possessing a green card.  There are others who may enlist depending on special conditions.

 

From what I gather Jimenez might have possessed a green card.

 

So now can we get back to the topic?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
206
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
214
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

214 Views
Message 84 of 276

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.


Does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question?


An immigrant willing to die for a country he/she believes in is of higher quality than it's leader who takes a deferment with a bone spur.  Marine Lance Corporalo Jose Jimenez's death and thousands of others immigrants who have died fighting  for America paved the way for that child


I agree, military service should be a pathway to citizenship. 

 

Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?


As I said before Corporal Jimenez's death and thousands of other immigrants shows that child as American as you and I deserves a to be here.  More than a bone spurring citizen who refuses to fight.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
214
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
222
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

222 Views
Message 85 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.


Does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question?


An immigrant willing to die for a country he/she believes in is of higher quality than it's leader who takes a deferment with a bone spur.  Marine Lance Corporalo Jose Jimenez's death and thousands of others immigrants who have died fighting  for America paved the way for that child


I agree, military service should be a pathway to citizenship. 

 

Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
222
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
219
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

219 Views
Message 86 of 276

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Ignoblers continue to deny reality, because it paints them and their leader in a bad light.    That nonsense is what they probably used when they were caught as teens, they attempted to lie their way out of whatever bad thing they did.    The difference is that this is not a singular teen, but a group of them that were all treated the same way.    

    Did these same people ignore what US did to people in Iraq, where torture was brought home to the US via journalist, aka Abu Ghraib.    

 

    The lawyers, US lawyers are reporting on the mishandling of these same people via the regimes zero-tolerance  ploy, that also treats people unfairly and unconstitutionally.  https://www.thedailybeast.com/feds-force-immigrants-into-parking-garage-for-assembly-line-justice?re...

 

     And when they come for you, will you notice that no one cares or supports you?


I had not heard of illegal immigrants being placed in Abu Ghraid. Can you substantiate that?


A ludicrous straw man argument rk .... as that was NEVER stated!

 

You put YOUR words into the post of another poster and then demand that the other poster substantiate what YOU contrived ...... dishonest and LUDICROUS!!


If it is not related to the topic - why is it there?


A question better posed to yourself as it was you who posted your contrived question "there".

It wasn't be that brought Abu Ghraib up. Nor did you. So, what is your involvement and point?

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
219
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
217
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

217 Views
Message 87 of 276

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.


Does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question?


An immigrant willing to die for a country he/she believes in is of higher quality than it's leader who takes a deferment with a bone spur.  Marine Lance Corporalo Jose Jimenez's death and thousands of others immigrants who have died fighting  for America paved the way for that child

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
217
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
220
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

220 Views
Message 88 of 276

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Ignoblers continue to deny reality, because it paints them and their leader in a bad light.    That nonsense is what they probably used when they were caught as teens, they attempted to lie their way out of whatever bad thing they did.    The difference is that this is not a singular teen, but a group of them that were all treated the same way.    

    Did these same people ignore what US did to people in Iraq, where torture was brought home to the US via journalist, aka Abu Ghraib.    

 

    The lawyers, US lawyers are reporting on the mishandling of these same people via the regimes zero-tolerance  ploy, that also treats people unfairly and unconstitutionally.  https://www.thedailybeast.com/feds-force-immigrants-into-parking-garage-for-assembly-line-justice?re...

 

     And when they come for you, will you notice that no one cares or supports you?


I had not heard of illegal immigrants being placed in Abu Ghraid. Can you substantiate that?


A ludicrous straw man argument rk .... as that was NEVER stated!

 

You put YOUR words into the post of another poster and then demand that the other poster substantiate what YOU contrived ...... dishonest and LUDICROUS!!


If it is not related to the topic - why is it there?


A question better posed to yourself as it was you who posted your contrived question "there".

 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
220
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
249
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

249 Views
Message 89 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.


Does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
249
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
237
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

237 Views
Message 90 of 276

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
237
Views