AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
214
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

214 Views
Message 71 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


As I said before - Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?


A July 2002 executive order made noncitizen members of the armed forces eligible for expedited U.S. citizenship.
Section 329 of the Immigration and Nationality Act authorizes the president to issue executive orders specifying periods of conflict during which foreign-born members of the U.S. military are eligible for immediate U.S. citizenship. In a July 2002 executive order, President Bush specified that such a period of hostilities began after September 11, 2001, and that foreign-born, noncitizen military personnel serving on or after that date were thus eligible for expedited citizenship. During times of peace, noncitizen armed forces members may obtain citizenship after a one-year waiting period.  

 

If they can fight and die for you they bring their children

True - how many of those who fought have recently crossed the border illegally and would therefore be part of this discussion?


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
214
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
247
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

247 Views
Message 72 of 276

@PaintItBlack wrote:


I don't have to. I'm simply referring to YOUR stated position that whether they're bad actors or not, they DESERVE TO BE BEATEN because of their nationality.

 

You said it, not me, or any other leftie. You can keep posting that question about proof all day long, but it's completely irrelevant to anyone posting to you given your stated position.

 

 


So where have I said that? Of course you can show the post where I said that?  Of course you say it's irrelevant because you cannot post any proof whatsoever, just your accusations. 

 

We have to wonder who you are because since you have been here most all of your accusations have been directed at me, some have been removed, but they continue.

 

Most of what you have posted is innuendo designed to smear without any proof of anything.  You cannot prove anything about the topic or about your accusations here.

 

I am waiting for you to provide viable information about the boys or to back up your accusations.  It will probably be a freezing day in hades before that.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
247
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
247
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

247 Views
Message 73 of 276

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 

Ummm...children already suffering PTSD fleeing a virtual war zone

You might be surprised.  I've been around many children from war zones and they are better off than those raised here in the states.  They don't have pity pity people around them telling how bad off they are.

 

Besides how are you to know how these kids in question ist treated?  Or how many are members of MS-13?

 

But you did manage to get in your comments about Der Trumper, etc.  And what does your bringing in Dachau into the discussion have anything to do with this?

 

Have to wonder about the thinking of liberals.

 

 


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
247
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
246
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

246 Views
Message 74 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:


Starting with the stated position that Latin American children can be beaten and tortured because they're Latin American. 

 

Never thought I'd read anything like that anywhere outside of Stormfront, but there it is, right here on AARP forums.


It is the leftists here who are pushing that.  Of course you have no documentation that this is happening besides the allegations of teenage kids that were transferred from the general population of detainees to a more secure location.

 

And only then because of a lawsuit filed by 15 year old through an attorney who is probably working on retainer.  Remember these are just allegations unless it has been through the judicial system and found true.

 

Further, you conveniently ignore that these kids were transferred there because they proved incorrigible to handle in regular detainee facilities.  The question should be if they had conducted themselves as the other detainees would they have been there?

 

So, when are you going to prove the allegations you have been pushing about this?

 


I don't have to. I'm simply referring to YOUR stated position that whether they're bad actors or not, they DESERVE TO BE BEATEN because of their nationality.

 

You said it, not me, or any other leftie. You can keep posting that question about proof all day long, but it's completely irrelevant to anyone posting to you given your stated position.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
246
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
221
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

221 Views
Message 75 of 276

Ummm...children already suffering PTSD fleeing a virtual war zone and traveling 1000 miles alone and on foot are mistreated and react badly, so Republicans say they must then be stripped naked, tied to chairs with bags on their heads and beaten until their bones break. Besides, they should've know better than try and find rufuge in any country that could elect Der Trumper. That about cover the Republican position on the moral disaster Der Trumper has created with refugee children?

 

Seems the newRepoublicans are either sadists or psychopaths, which would explain their defense of Der Trumper AND the immoral and inhumane treatment of Children by the minions of Der Trumper.  By the way, the citizens of Dachau dened anything was amiss in the "work camp" on the outskirts of thei city UNTIL Ike made them take a walk-thru. Ike made certain the depravity was recorded on film and well documented so NO ONE could later deny it happened, but now his party is doing exactly that, and denying what their leaders are doing today.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
221
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
222
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

222 Views
Message 76 of 276

@PaintItBlack wrote:


Starting with the stated position that Latin American children can be beaten and tortured because they're Latin American. 

 

Never thought I'd read anything like that anywhere outside of Stormfront, but there it is, right here on AARP forums.


It is the leftists here who are pushing that.  Of course you have no documentation that this is happening besides the allegations of teenage kids that were transferred from the general population of detainees to a more secure location.

 

And only then because of a lawsuit filed by 15 year old through an attorney who is probably working on retainer.  Remember these are just allegations unless it has been through the judicial system and found true.

 

Further, you conveniently ignore that these kids were transferred there because they proved incorrigible to handle in regular detainee facilities.  The question should be if they had conducted themselves as the other detainees would they have been there?

 

So, when are you going to prove the allegations you have been pushing about this?

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
222
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
201
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

201 Views
Message 77 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

And we've always been on topic It called Discrimination.  starting with the children to this.

 

The topic isn't about Discrimination, it is about juveniles being held in a Juvenile correctional facility, transferred there because of behavioral problems.  You are intent on changing it into discussion about Mexican-American immigrants in the military. 

 

Perhaps you should start a separate topic about them?


Sure it's about discrimination.  Just ask 80% of the posters on this site.


Starting with the stated position that Latin American children can be beaten and tortured because they're Latin American. 

 

Never thought I'd read anything like that anywhere outside of Stormfront, but there it is, right here on AARP forums.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
201
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
180
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

180 Views
Message 78 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

And we've always been on topic It called Discrimination.  starting with the children to this.

 

The topic isn't about Discrimination, it is about juveniles being held in a Juvenile correctional facility, transferred there because of behavioral problems.  You are intent on changing it into discussion about Mexican-American immigrants in the military. 

 

Perhaps you should start a separate topic about them?


Sure it's about discrimination.  Just ask 80% of the posters on this site.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
180
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
173
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

173 Views
Message 79 of 276

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.


Does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question?


An immigrant willing to die for a country he/she believes in is of higher quality than it's leader who takes a deferment with a bone spur.  Marine Lance Corporalo Jose Jimenez's death and thousands of others immigrants who have died fighting  for America paved the way for that child


I agree, military service should be a pathway to citizenship. 

 

Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?


As I said before Corporal Jimenez's death and thousands of other immigrants shows that child as American as you and I deserves a to be here.  More than a bone spurring citizen who refuses to fight.


As I said before - Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?


A July 2002 executive order made noncitizen members of the armed forces eligible for expedited U.S. citizenship.
Section 329 of the Immigration and Nationality Act authorizes the president to issue executive orders specifying periods of conflict during which foreign-born members of the U.S. military are eligible for immediate U.S. citizenship. In a July 2002 executive order, President Bush specified that such a period of hostilities began after September 11, 2001, and that foreign-born, noncitizen military personnel serving on or after that date were thus eligible for expedited citizenship. During times of peace, noncitizen armed forces members may obtain citizenship after a one-year waiting period.  

 

If they can fight and die for you they bring their children

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
173
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
179
Views

Re: beaten, kept naked in cells and tied to chairs

179 Views
Message 80 of 276

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For almost as long as we've had an Army (1785 to be precise), we allowed foreigners to join the fight in exchange for gaining US citizenship. Over 250,000 Filipino's served in the American military during WWII, and there were over 30,000 foreign nationals serving in the US forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

 

Only Republicans terrified of non-white immigrants would dispute this or be glad their tingod Trumper ended the practice, telling THOUSANDS of brave men and women they were a security risk because they still had relatives living outside the US.

 

Not sure where Donny expects to find translaters for his expanded war in Afghanistan, but he only plays to his moronic base, believing he knows so much more than any mere General or Admiral because, after all, Donny went to a high school were the boys played dress-up like GIJoe


Hitler degraded his own forces by persecuting the Jews who would have fought for him as they did in WWI.  He also made a mistake by treating Russian POW's badly when they would have gladly fought Stalin who at the beginning didn't treat them much better.  When all out war is fought you use all the human resources available.  Trump hasn't a clue.  But Mattis should know better.  Even W. knew better.


Hitler, WWI, Russian POWs - Which of those has anything to do with illegal immigrants?


You're right, but this article does. Have to remove my hat for this one.

On August 28, 1969, the 23-year-old lance corporal and his unit came upon North Vietnamese soldiers in the Quang Nam Province of Vietnam. A battle ensued. Corporal Jimenez attacked, killed several of the enemy and took out an antiaircraft weapon. Urging his soldiers to follow, he destroyed another entrenchment of automatic weapons fire. The North Vietnamese turned their guns on Jimenez, he pressed forward, took on another enemy soldier, and died of his wounds. Marine Lance Corporal Jose Francisco Jimenez wasn't born in the Home of the Brave, but in Mexico City.


Does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question?


An immigrant willing to die for a country he/she believes in is of higher quality than it's leader who takes a deferment with a bone spur.  Marine Lance Corporalo Jose Jimenez's death and thousands of others immigrants who have died fighting  for America paved the way for that child


I agree, military service should be a pathway to citizenship. 

 

Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?


As I said before Corporal Jimenez's death and thousands of other immigrants shows that child as American as you and I deserves a to be here.  More than a bone spurring citizen who refuses to fight.


As I said before - Now, back to the topic - does that mean that all people carrying a child should be admitted to our country without question? If not, how should they be dealt with?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
179
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors