Honored Social Butterfly

act of retaliation

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/mccabe-dismissal-act-retaliation-article-1.3879990

Former deputy FBI chief Andrew McCabe says his dismissal was an act of retaliation after he corroborated Comey's version of events

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe claims he was fired on Friday because he is a crucial witness into whether or not President Trump tried to obstruct the Russia investigation.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said McCabe was fired because the Justice Department’s Inspector General found that the FBI’s No. 2 misled investigators about his communications with a former Wall Street Journal reporter.

But McCabe, who played a crucial role in the bureau’s investigations into Hillary Clinton and Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election, denied those claims.

“I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey,” he said in a lengthy statement.

Honored Social Butterfly

If McCabe did something wrong, he would have been fired via the normal process. He instead was fired Friday night. Anyone who's worked in the federal government knows nobody is fired on a Friday night. This was such a blatant poltical move engineered by Trump via his flunky, Jeff Sessions, who was probably told he would be fired if McCabe wasn't fired Friday night. 

How dumb can members of the Trump Cult be? It's so obvious to any intelligent person that Trump's going after anyone in charge of the investigation against him. What do they have for brains?

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

If McCabe did something wrong, he would have been fired via the normal process. He instead was fired Friday night. Anyone who's worked in the federal government knows nobody is fired on a Friday night. This was such a blatant poltical move engineered by Trump via his flunky, Jeff Sessions, who was probably told he would be fired if McCabe wasn't fired Friday night. 

How dumb can members of the Trump Cult be? It's so obvious to any intelligent person that Trump's going after anyone in charge of the investigation against him. What do they have for brains?

Is it your point that the IG is not normal procedure.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

How dumb can members of the Trump Cult be?

Uh .......... they voted for trump, didn't they ???? 

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

How dumb can members of the Trump Cult be?

Uh .......... they voted for trump, didn't they ???? 

Uh....... shall we change the voting rules to only include those "smart" neoMarxists?

Silver Conversationalist

CriticalThinking: 

To answer your question, the family friendly answer is mush. And you're right that it's why McCabe was fired............Trump may be stupid but he does know that Mueller is drawing the noose tighter every day and he's going to try to get loose from it.

Honored Social Butterfly

The only person to blame for Mr. McCabe's "Lack of Candor" is Mr. McCabe himself.  

Anyone that does not understand this basic truth in life, is very stupid and doomed to live a very difficult life...

Some people never seems to accept the responsibility for their own actions, they always need to "Blame someone else" for their own bad behavior.  For example the "Twinkie"  made me do it...

President Trump is one the recipients of Mr. McCabe's bad behavior.  To think President Trump "caused" this is just delusional at best.

Use your head folks!!

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91wrote:

The only person to blame for Mr. McCabe's "Lack of Candor" is Mr. McCabe himself.  

Anyone that does not understand this basic truth in life, is very stupid and doomed to live a very difficult life...

Some people never seems to accept the responsibility for their own actions, they always need to "Blame someone else" for their own bad behavior.  For example the "Twinkie"  made me do it...

President Trump is one the recipients of Mr. McCabe's bad behavior.  To think President Trump "caused" this is just delusional at best.

Use your head folks!!

The only one to blame for all of trump's actions is trump, and Mueller will see to it that he pays for each and every one of them.

Tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump ...............

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

jimc91:  Use your head folks!!

You go first, ok? 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandromwrote:

jimc91:  Use your head folks!!

You go first, ok? 🙂

Fair enough - was McCabe not determined to be in violation of the rules by the IG???

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Is this another action on Trump's part that is building a case against him for obstruction of justice ????

Honored Social Butterfly

Is this another action on Trump's part that is building a case against him for obstruction of justice ????

McCabe firing is an undisguised attack on Special Counsel investigation - attempting to undermine him as a witness. Added evidence of obstruction of justice. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/us/politics/andrew-mccabe-fbi-fired.html 

The dismissal of Andrew G. McCabe, the former F.B.I. deputy director, was carried out against a highly politicized backdrop.
Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

Lack of candor is a fireable offense at the F.B.I., but Mr. McCabe’s last-minute dismissal from the agency was carried out against a highly politicized backdrop.

nytimes.com
Honored Social Butterfly

I think it is.

Honored Social Butterfly

@gruffstuffwrote:

I think it is.

Hardly since it wasn't his action.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

rk9152:  Hardly since it wasn't his action.

Lol. This reminds me of the RWNJ's argument after President Obama took out Bin Laden......"Obama had nothing to do with it, it was the Seals that did it". That argument was just as nuts as pretending Trump had nothing to do with McCabes firing.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandromwrote:

rk9152:  Hardly since it wasn't his action.

Lol. This reminds me of the RWNJ's argument after President Obama took out Bin Laden......"Obama had nothing to do with it, it was the Seals that did it". That argument was just as nuts as pretending Trump had nothing to do with McCabes firing.

McCabe violated the rules of the FBI. What that has to do with Bin Laden is no more than a diversion.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Nixon solved his protest problem by removing the "death threat" that Vietnam poised to all our young men by ending the draft. What will the NRAGOP do to end the current Death Threat that touches ALL Americans- military weapons in civilian hands? Seems their first step will be to remove capable people from the civil Service by showing those who discent will suffer a terrible price. No more good people wanting to serve, more support for privatization and more power for the Oligarchs now providing "Government Services".

America continues to function despite the perpetual Do-Nothing Congress and infantile morons in the White House because of the "Civil Service" at all levels. Mail gets delivered, bank accounts are kept safe, our ports and airports support travel and commerce, our courts administer justice, our kids learn in school, in short, nobody suffers greatly because of the incompetent, hatefilled elected Republicans.

Since they don't suffer directly from the NRAGOP's wars on women,  workers, the disabled, the poor, minorities, foreigners, truth tellers and Truth itself, the dupes who voted for Trump and the rest of the NRAGOP will continue to vote against their best interests.

Our children have finally woken up to the terrible price we all pay for allowing the NRAGOP to continue in office, but the Fascists are fighting back. They demean those kids who are tired of being slaughtered in the classroom, claim they're paid actors, call them snowflakes for suffering PTSD, but they haven't been able to stop the protests.The Pennsylvania 18th is a very good sign its not just the kids who are waking up to the evil of the NRAGOP.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66wrote:

Nixon solved his protest problem by removing the "death threat" that Vietnam poised to all our young men by ending the draft. What will the NRAGOP do to end the current Death Threat that touches ALL Americans- military weapons in civilian hands? Seems their first step will be to remove capable people from the civil Service by showing those who discent will suffer a terrible price. No more good people wanting to serve, more support for privatization and more power for the Oligarchs now providing "Government Services".

America continues to function despite the perpetual Do-Nothing Congress and infantile morons in the White House because of the "Civil Service" at all levels. Mail gets delivered, bank accounts are kept safe, our ports and airports support travel and commerce, our courts administer justice, our kids learn in school, in short, nobody suffers greatly because of the incompetent, hatefilled elected Republicans.

Since they don't suffer directly from the NRAGOP's wars on women,  workers, the disabled, the poor, minorities, foreigners, truth tellers and Truth itself, the dupes who voted for Trump and the rest of the NRAGOP will continue to vote against their best interests.

Our children have finally woken up to the terrible price we all pay for allowing the NRAGOP to continue in office, but the Fascists are fighting back. They demean those kids who are tired of being slaughtered in the classroom, claim they're paid actors, call them snowflakes for suffering PTSD, but they haven't been able to stop the protests.The Pennsylvania 18th is a very good sign its not just the kids who are waking up to the evil of the NRAGOP.

Is it your point that McCabe did not act inappropriately because of some made up "war on women" and something about Nixon and should therefore not have been held accountable??

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump's just pissing off a lot of people who are much smarter than he is.   Not a great strategy in general. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive

@gruffstuff

The firing of McCabe is so thinly veiled. With this firing and the communication of trump's personal lawyers telling the FBI to shut down the Mueller investigation, the threat is transparent—-do what I wish or you will be next. Certainly the mark of a dictator – – albiet a very stupid one. 

Can’t wait until McCabe and the other people that trump has screwed over are called to testify. There is no longer any reason for them to be quiet about the criminality within this White House.

Just once – – just once – – I would like to see one shred of decency from this idiot moron, totally sociopathic fool who resides in the People’s house. 

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@phyllisc6781wrote:

@ManicProgressive

@gruffstuff

The firing of McCabe is so thinly veiled. With this firing and the communication of trump's personal lawyers telling the FBI to shut down the Mueller investigation, the threat is transparent—-do what I wish or you will be next. Certainly the mark of a dictator – – albiet a very stupid one. 

Can’t wait until McCabe and the other people that trump has screwed over are called to testify. There is no longer any reason for them to be quiet about the criminality within this White House.

Just once – – just once – – I would like to see one shred of decency from this idiot moron, totally sociopathic fool who resides in the People’s house. 

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

How pc it is to think that only a government with a dictator would expect federal execs to obey the rules.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png