Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

rk9152:  Hardly since it wasn't his action.

Lol. This reminds me of the RWNJ's argument after President Obama took out Bin Laden......"Obama had nothing to do with it, it was the Seals that did it". That argument was just as nuts as pretending Trump had nothing to do with McCabes firing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

The only person to blame for Mr. McCabe's "Lack of Candor" is Mr. McCabe himself.  

Anyone that does not understand this basic truth in life, is very stupid and doomed to live a very difficult life...

Some people never seems to accept the responsibility for their own actions, they always need to "Blame someone else" for their own bad behavior.  For example the "Twinkie"  made me do it...

President Trump is one the recipients of Mr. McCabe's bad behavior.  To think President Trump "caused" this is just delusional at best.

Use your head folks!!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

@gruffstuffwrote:

Is this another action on Trump's part that is building a case against him for obstruction of justice ????

I think it is.

Hardly since it wasn't his action.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

@Olderscout66wrote:

Nixon solved his protest problem by removing the "death threat" that Vietnam poised to all our young men by ending the draft. What will the NRAGOP do to end the current Death Threat that touches ALL Americans- military weapons in civilian hands? Seems their first step will be to remove capable people from the civil Service by showing those who discent will suffer a terrible price. No more good people wanting to serve, more support for privatization and more power for the Oligarchs now providing "Government Services".

America continues to function despite the perpetual Do-Nothing Congress and infantile morons in the White House because of the "Civil Service" at all levels. Mail gets delivered, bank accounts are kept safe, our ports and airports support travel and commerce, our courts administer justice, our kids learn in school, in short, nobody suffers greatly because of the incompetent, hatefilled elected Republicans.

Since they don't suffer directly from the NRAGOP's wars on women,  workers, the disabled, the poor, minorities, foreigners, truth tellers and Truth itself, the dupes who voted for Trump and the rest of the NRAGOP will continue to vote against their best interests.

Our children have finally woken up to the terrible price we all pay for allowing the NRAGOP to continue in office, but the Fascists are fighting back. They demean those kids who are tired of being slaughtered in the classroom, claim they're paid actors, call them snowflakes for suffering PTSD, but they haven't been able to stop the protests.The Pennsylvania 18th is a very good sign its not just the kids who are waking up to the evil of the NRAGOP.

Is it your point that McCabe did not act inappropriately because of some made up "war on women" and something about Nixon and should therefore not have been held accountable??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

TemperMental67:  Trump's just pissing off a lot of people who are much smarter than he is.   Not a great strategy in general. 

Yep. I would imagine that dumping McCabe like that isn't sitting well within the FBI and there could be some key future leaks in retaliation.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

Is this another action on Trump's part that is building a case against him for obstruction of justice ????

McCabe firing is an undisguised attack on Special Counsel investigation - attempting to undermine him as a witness. Added evidence of obstruction of justice. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/us/politics/andrew-mccabe-fbi-fired.html 

The dismissal of Andrew G. McCabe, the former F.B.I. deputy director, was carried out against a highly politicized backdrop.
Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

Lack of candor is a fireable offense at the F.B.I., but Mr. McCabe’s last-minute dismissal from the agency was carried out against a highly politicized backdrop.

nytimes.com
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

@umbarch64wrote:

@ManicProgressivewrote:

Trump's just pissing off a lot of people who are much smarter than he is.   Not a great strategy in general. 

I'm not sure that's so TM. 

IF those smart people exercise self-restraint OR PERMIT themselves to be constrained by a code of ethics neither the donald' [nor his cohorts] have, ruthlessness wins over smarts. 

In a school-yard without a monitor, sooner or later someone  has to get down in the mud with the bully and put a stop to it.   You may just end up with a 'new' bully on top of the heap.  The only real solution is for the 'rational' kids to stick together even if they're scared out of their skull.

'The donald' is clearly on a mafia-like mission to engender fear in anyone and everyone who even looks crosswise at him.  Keeps the rabble in line. 

Please look past the actual words that define autocrat to what they imply.  Once having achieved absolute power, strategy [ies] tied to the system under which a democratic republic functions is of no concern to an autocrat.  They don't matter.

The autocrat really does not have to be smart IF he/she is able to rule by edict. At least not in the way you or I would think of as 'smart'.  I trust you and everyone else here, bar none, can see past their partisanship to the multitude of historical instances that has proven true.

There are fools and there are tools. I'd say it is truly unfortunate when they are one and the same.

You are probably right.  Sadly.  I was just thinking about this the other day.  Something really good (huge promotion) just happened to someone I work with, and it couldn't have happened to a better guy.  He has great integrity and honesty, and it's RARE to see someone like that truly get ahead.  I've seen people do the right thing, ethically, many times, and go down in flames.  

How much faith do we have in our institutions, to be an effective system of checks on power?  Since Trump's lawyer is now calling for Mueller to be stopped, I truly worry.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

@ManicProgressivewrote:

Trump's just pissing off a lot of people who are much smarter than he is.   Not a great strategy in general. 

I'm not sure that's so TM. 

IF those smart people exercise self-restraint OR PERMIT themselves to be constrained by a code of ethics neither the donald' [nor his cohorts] have, ruthlessness wins over smarts. 

In a school-yard without a monitor, sooner or later someone  has to get down in the mud with the bully and put a stop to it.   You may just end up with a 'new' bully on top of the heap.  The only real solution is for the 'rational' kids to stick together even if they're scared out of their skull.

'The donald' is clearly on a mafia-like mission to engender fear in anyone and everyone who even looks crosswise at him.  Keeps the rabble in line. 

Please look past the actual words that define autocrat to what they imply.  Once having achieved absolute power, strategy [ies] tied to the system under which a democratic republic functions is of no concern to an autocrat.  They don't matter.

The autocrat really does not have to be smart IF he/she is able to rule by edict. At least not in the way you or I would think of as 'smart'.  I trust you and everyone else here, bar none, can see past their partisanship to the multitude of historical instances that has proven true.

There are fools and there are tools. I'd say it is truly unfortunate when they are one and the same.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

I think it is.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors