Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Your Tax Money Funded This

Message 1 of 12

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

The guy used the findings of NSF funded research in his paper. The feds didn’t pay for this at all.

Wrong.  The NSF is a United States government agency.  The NSF's director and deputy director are appointed by the President of the United States, and confirmed by the United States Senate.  Judging from the dates, we can blame Obama for this nonsense.

That is not to say that I don't think that Trump should make big changes to the NSF.  If I were director of the NSF, you would see researchers' heads spin.

Please don’t mansplain. I know what the NSF is. 

Exactly what Retired Traveler posted. Link to full NSF statement is here:   https://www.nsf.gov/about/congress/reports/response_glacier.pdf

You can be annoyed with the author, but not the NSF. 

You need more mansplaining.  The NSF lies about its competency.  They are grossly mismanaging science and engineering.

Says the person who doesn’t understand climate science...

Wrong.  And, I understand scientific fraud and I understand mass delusions.

GlobalWarmingFraud.png

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

The guy used the findings of NSF funded research in his paper. The feds didn’t pay for this at all.

Wrong.  The NSF is a United States government agency.  The NSF's director and deputy director are appointed by the President of the United States, and confirmed by the United States Senate.  Judging from the dates, we can blame Obama for this nonsense.

That is not to say that I don't think that Trump should make big changes to the NSF.  If I were director of the NSF, you would see researchers' heads spin.

Exactly what Retired Traveler posted. Link to full NSF statement is here:   https://www.nsf.gov/about/congress/reports/response_glacier.pdf

You need more mansplaining.  The NSF lies about its competency.  They are grossly mismanaging science and engineering.

Says the person who doesn’t understand climate science...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Is this a study to determine the gender of glaciers, or just another reason to deny climate change by making a confusing issue of a study?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@aruzinsky As a woman, my comment: "unbelievable"!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

I'll admit - I Don't Know Anything About This Topic

But I Do Know For a Fact That - Your Tax Money in Not Going to be Spent on any Trump Memorial Wall

But if you guys still want it so bad

BUY A BRICK

Trump Bricks.png

Source - https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+memorial+wall&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CcjnSB7bRT4...:

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

@retiredtraveler wrote:

Always helps to have full facts: This is from the NSF. You can find this on their website by searching on Glaciology, 2016. I've read the abstract which the quote below describes a bit.

"....

NSF did not issue its award to specifically support this paper, and the award proposal did not mention a paper on gender and glaciers as a potential outcome. The award involved five case studies: the formation of glaciology and theories of ice dynamics, the role of the International Ice Patrol (1913-present) in iceberg analysis and ocean glacier interactions,the establishment of theories about catastrophic glacial lake megafloods, the Cold War context for ice coring and climatology;and hydrological aspects of glacierretreat. The paper represents one small piece of scientific research accounting for just a fraction of the award’s value. This award supported research that resulted in two books, multiple peer reviewed journal articlesand educational materials....".

What is your point?  Maybe, that the NSF didn't intend to fund this paper but did anyway?  Or, maybe, that the NSF couldn't tell that the author was insane before he published the paper?

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors