Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: You might be a Snowflake

Message 71 of 108

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Well - liberals who never before owned firearms are now purchasing handguns and getting those ubiquitous "shall issue" concealed carry permits at a rate that has increased over three-fold, and is still increasing since the election...

More and more people are becoming aware of the fact that they are not obligated by any law anywhere to talk to police or answer any police questions without first consulting an attorney.

Lots and lots of people - many of them people who didn't vote for the orange bum-fodder - are getting "uppity".  

They represent the majority.

Make of it what you will...

@rk9152 wrote:

O.K. - the new mantra of the radical left, "You don't like the outcome of an election - go out and beat someone up  shoot someone". My, my, my.

Nope - it's for legal personal protection from violent trumpette buttflakes - essentially the same sort as the ones who beat up protesters at trump rallys.

For instance, if a larger than me buttflake in his 20s 30s or 40s threatens me, a senior citizen for whom any blow to the head, or being knocked down and striking my head could be fatal, and advances upon me, I realistcally should fear for my life, and protect myself using whatever means necessary.

Of course, being armed, I cannot start an argument or escalate an argument that ends with my shooting a buttflake - that's against the law.

I'm not sure how "buttflakes" (made-up) got into a discussion of "snowflakes" (actual term).

And I still have a problem understanding how the beating up of a Trump supporter is defended with a poster's having a fear of hitting his or her head.

Not in the least surprised to learn that you have a problem understanding a real world logic process that doesn't go along with "alternative logic processes".

Well, if a Trump supporter being beaten up for his politics is approved of by a poster who thinks it's O.K. because that poster is afraid of being knocked down and hurting his or her head is "alternative logic processes" I am delighted that I do not practice "alternative logic processes".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Well - liberals who never before owned firearms are now purchasing handguns and getting those ubiquitous "shall issue" concealed carry permits at a rate that has increased over three-fold, and is still increasing since the election...

More and more people are becoming aware of the fact that they are not obligated by any law anywhere to talk to police or answer any police questions without first consulting an attorney.

Lots and lots of people - many of them people who didn't vote for the orange bum-fodder - are getting "uppity".  

@rk9152 wrote:

O.K. - the new mantra of the radical left, "You don't like the outcome of an election - go out and beat someone up  shoot someone". My, my, my.

Nope - it's for legal personal protection from violent trumpette buttflakes - essentially the same sort as the ones who beat up protesters at trump rallys.

For instance, if a larger than me buttflake in his 20s 30s or 40s threatens me, a senior citizen for whom any blow to the head, or being knocked down and striking my head could be fatal, and advances upon me, I realistcally should fear for my life, and protect myself using whatever means necessary.

Of course, being armed, I cannot start an argument or escalate an argument that ends with my shooting a buttflake - that's against the law.

I'm not sure how "buttflakes" (made-up) got into a discussion of "snowflakes" (actual term).

And I still have a problem understanding how the beating up of a Trump supporter is defended with a poster's having a fear of hitting his or her head.

"Snowflake" is nothing but a made-up definition the those on the right who have nothing to defend their opinion use to insult those who disagree with them. Since you like to insist that everyone use the term as it is defined in Wikipedia it is very unlikely that anyone posting here meets that definition since I doubt that many posters are millennials.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rk9152 I think we are still seeing the direct effect of the complete denial and disbelief by our friends on the left of the 2016 election results.

Don't you remember how we felt after the 2008 and 2012 elections?  I was sad for almost 2 weeks but growing season started right after the inauguration so I was busy feeding people.

Don't you also remember all the violence we perpetrated on those that disagreed with our views?  

Me neither...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Not in the least surprised to learn that you have a problem understanding a real world logic process that doesn't go along with "alternative logic processes".

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 108

@alferdpacker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

So in the context of political discussions, that is the definition that has come about to describe an actual sociological phenomenon. People making up their own "it means whatever I say it means" is non-productive.

That's an opinion that is not validated or verified as fact - nothing but conservative hot air and biased nonsense.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 108

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

In the context of these discussions - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

So based on your choice of the meaning of 'snowflake' this entire thread is bogus. Why do you only object to the use of 'snowflake' only in those that you don't agree with?

So in the context of political discussions, that is the definition that has come about to describe an actual sociological phenomenon. People making up their own "it means whatever I say it means" is non-productive.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 108

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

In the context of these discussions - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

So based on your choice of the meaning of 'snowflake' this entire thread is bogus. Why do you only object to the use of 'snowflake' only in those that you don't agree with?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 108

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Or how about - "You don't like the outcome of an election - go out and beat someone up". My, my, my.

Considering who elected President Trump, I'd say that seem more like. "Rise workers, you have nothing to loose but your shackles" - hmmm, where did I hear that?? But wait - it was middle America and the workers that elected him. So confusing.

Not really. They were mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. So they elect Trump and Trump screws them.  What do you think the next step will be?

That is confusing. Are you saying that it was a Trump voter that beat up the Trump supporter and that it is Trump voters trashing police cars and stopping the free speech of anyone who does not accept leftist philosophy.

That really does not make sense.

Kudos
Views