Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: You might be a Snowflake

Message 21 of 108

@Richva wrote:

How is it that I can post the text and link to an article about increased incidents of racist violence and you make a statement about what you "have heard"?

--

Since when did it be that when something is published that is is the gospel truth?  You can post all the text you want, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 108

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

They talk about how much these incidents have increased under Trump rhetoric.

--

Increased?  Not necessarily but perhaps in some parts of the country.  Isolated?  Apparently mostly in the northern states.  I've only heard of isolated incidents in our area.  Again, I would believe that not only ethnic but gender incidents increased under the Obama administration.

How is it that I can post the text and link to an article about increased incidents of racist violence and you make a statement about what you "have heard"?  Unless you are in the KKK, you will probably not have heard of a lot of these cases and should depend upon reporting from around the country.  Fake News is also the intentional ignorance of facts. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 108

@Richva wrote:

They talk about how much these incidents have increased under Trump rhetoric.

--

Increased?  Not necessarily but perhaps in some parts of the country.  Isolated?  Apparently mostly in the northern states.  I've only heard of isolated incidents in our area.  Again, I would believe that not only ethnic but gender incidents increased under the Obama administration.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 108

@pc6063 wrote:

Sorry, my friend, these incidents happened after Trump took office one just a few weeks ago.

--

I didn't say some did, just I haven't heard of anything like you mentioned.   But I did say "I recall some incidents also happening during the Obama administration.   Not like it's a whole new world with Trump."  Incidents happened during the Obama administration also.... like the execution style killing of there college age Muslims in North Carolina several years ago.

It didn't become a whole new world under Trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 108

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

I have heard of the guy who shot the two in a bar but not the rest.  I recall some incidents also happening during the Obama administration.   Not like it's a whole new world with Trump.

I did a quick search for "Racist Violence Trump" and this Time article seems to be dead on. They talk about how much these incidents have increased under Trump rhetoric.  Obviously, we had this before but the increase under Trump should cause you to wonder. I would compare it to a 500% increase in traffic accidents at a specific intersection over 50 days.  You have to think something has changed and should investigate.  I think it is Trump's baiting but it could be the influence of alien mind control too. 

http://time.com/4569129/racist-anti-semitic-incidents-donald-trump/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 108

Sorry, my friend, these incidents happened after Trump took office one just a few weeks ago.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 108

@pc6063 wrote:

Tx- these are parallels we're  talking about, you have?  I assume,  seen the videos on the news of the Muslim women being kicked down the stairs,  you've heard of the woman who was stomped on and beaten and the man doing it said " trumps here now." you heard of the man who was thrown out of a bar for screaming at two darker skinned man "go back to your own country and then came back and killed one of them, possibly both?

--

I have heard of the guy who shot the two in a bar but not the rest.  I recall some incidents also happening during the Obama administration.   Not like it's a whole new world with Trump.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 108

Tx- these are parallels we're  talking about, you have?  I assume,  seen the videos on the news of the Muslim women being kicked down the stairs,  you've heard of the woman who was stomped on and beaten and the man doing it said " trumps here now." you heard of the man who was thrown out of a bar for screaming at two darker skinned man "go back to your own country and then came back and killed one of them, possibly both? These are the parallels and that's what it means when we say that these events "mirror" or i guess better word is parallel each other. Can't make you see what is do clearly there.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 108

@pc6063 wrote:

With regard hiding in the woods you don't think some of these people who are here are hiding?

--

Of course I haven't heard of anyone being sent to concentration camps because of their religion or ethnicity.  And no, I doubt that there are people hiding in the woods to avoid being sent there.

The closest I see that Trump is attempting would be likened to the restrictions against the Irish back in the 1800s and the Chinese Exclusion Acts of the early 1900s.

Ever been to Germany?  As I posted I lived there for three years in the military, and as I always do on foreign assignments I like to get to know the people.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 108

@pc6063 wrote:

When my kids were in high school,  we hosted a German foreign exchange student, and at the end of her stay in America,  her parents flew to the US to visit. The  day that they knocked on my door, before entering,  they said --"we just want you to know before we enter your home, that we do not approve of the things Hitler did, and we are not at all like him.   I responded by pulling them into my house and hugging them both.

---

The last overseas tour before retiring from the military was in Germany.  We lived in a small town away from the Army post and made good friends of our neighbors.  Most had been in the German Army during the war, with some even being in POW camps here in Texas.  Of course we had discussions about Hitler and the war, with us comparing the differences. 

One thing for sure is that it was hard to meet any German who said they approved of Hitler....of course!!! 

Kudos
Views