Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: You Go Girl

Message 1 of 9

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Elizabeth Anne Holmes, a Hillary Clinton donor who was named a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship under President Obama, just broke Bernie Madoff's Glass Ceiling. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Holmes

"In March 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sued Holmes and Theranos, accusing them of fraudulently raising more than $700 million from investors through false or exaggerated claims. In exchange for settling the charges, Holmes agreed to pay a $500,000 fine, return 18.9 million shares, relinquish her voting control of Theranos, and be barred from serving as an officer or director of a public company for ten years."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-theranos-elizabeth-holmes-deception/

"Was the media duped?" 

You mean was the liberal, fourth estate, fake news media morally complicit in defrauding Theranos investors?   Like this one?:

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2015/disease-diagnostic-tests.html

"...backed by real science...

3. Blood simple

Elizabeth Holmes, a 31-year-old Stanford University dropout and self-made billionaire, vowed to revolutionize the field of blood testing — and she's doing it, one pinprick at a time. That's the first big change: no more tourniquet, syringe or hunt for a vein. With a few drops drawn from a poke in your fingertip, the formula patented by Holmes' company, Theranos, can perform more than 200 blood tests — from standard cholesterol checks to sophisticated DNA analyses. Accustomed to waiting days or weeks for lab results? Theranos delivers results to doctors within a few hours. What's more, the cost is a fraction of what competing labs charge. Theranos Wellness Centers are already operating in many Walgreens stores."

Gee I just looked at all your support. I saw all kinds of endorsements from top Reb. like Henry Kissinger, George Schultz who's son when to work for her and other groups like Time, Forbes etc. Yes Bill C had her for an interview on TV. as did a lot of others. She worked with Walgreens among other Cos. After all of that you want to imply she  was a creation of Dems and they should be blamed. I did not see anything about money to Hillary but I do not doubt she did as that is normal in business, but she had more ties to Reb. The Mercers, and R. Murdoch invested in her Co. and they are far right Reb. and did more than all the Dems put together. Yes she was a fraud and if you ran it based on that no problem. Well what we see is an approach taken by far right Reb. to take a true story, and change it enough to try and benefit them. Beside showing disgust for what she did all should show disgust for how it is presented by a far right. Well we have seen this before from the far right, and we will see it again.

My point was that the media can't be trusted.  There is no more reason to believe the media's "There is global warming." or "Trump is a racist." than there is to believe the media's 

"Theranos, can perform more than 200 blood tests — from standard cholesterol checks to sophisticated DNA analyses. Accustomed to waiting days or weeks for lab results? Theranos delivers results to doctors within a few hours. What's more, the cost is a fraction of what competing labs charge. Theranos Wellness Centers are already operating in many Walgreens stores." 

And, CBS wants to spin such lies as "We have been duped."  They haven't been duped.  They are liars. 

No what you said is the the poster can not be trusted to post and tell the truth about what was posted.

I don't know what you are talking about and I am certain it is not my fault.  

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Elizabeth Anne Holmes, a Hillary Clinton donor who was named a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship under President Obama, just broke Bernie Madoff's Glass Ceiling. 

"In March 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sued Holmes and Theranos, accusing them of fraudulently raising more than $700 million from investors through false or exaggerated claims. In exchange for settling the charges, Holmes agreed to pay a $500,000 fine, return 18.9 million shares, relinquish her voting control of Theranos, and be barred from serving as an officer or director of a public company for ten years."

"Was the media duped?" 

You mean was the liberal, fourth estate, fake news media morally complicit in defrauding Theranos investors?   Like this one?:

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2015/disease-diagnostic-tests.html

3. Blood simple

Elizabeth Holmes, a 31-year-old Stanford University dropout and self-made billionaire, vowed to revolutionize the field of blood testing — and she's doing it, one pinprick at a time. That's the first big change: no more tourniquet, syringe or hunt for a vein. With a few drops drawn from a poke in your fingertip, the formula patented by Holmes' company, Theranos, can perform more than 200 blood tests — from standard cholesterol checks to sophisticated DNA analyses. Accustomed to waiting days or weeks for lab results? Theranos delivers results to doctors within a few hours. What's more, the cost is a fraction of what competing labs charge. Theranos Wellness Centers are already operating in many Walgreens stores."

Gee I just looked at all your support. I saw all kinds of endorsements from top Reb. like Henry Kissinger, George Schultz who's son when to work for her and other groups like Time, Forbes etc. Yes Bill C had her for an interview on TV. as did a lot of others. She worked with Walgreens among other Cos. After all of that you want to imply she  was a creation of Dems and they should be blamed. I did not see anything about money to Hillary but I do not doubt she did as that is normal in business, but she had more ties to Reb. The Mercers, and R. Murdoch invested in her Co. and they are far right Reb. and did more than all the Dems put together. Yes she was a fraud and if you ran it based on that no problem. Well what we see is an approach taken by far right Reb. to take a true story, and change it enough to try and benefit them. Beside showing disgust for what she did all should show disgust for how it is presented by a far right. Well we have seen this before from the far right, and we will see it again.

My point was that the media can't be trusted.  There is no more reason to believe the media's "There is global warming." or "Trump is a racist." than there is to believe the media's 

"Theranos, can perform more than 200 blood tests — from standard cholesterol checks to sophisticated DNA analyses. Accustomed to waiting days or weeks for lab results? Theranos delivers results to doctors within a few hours. What's more, the cost is a fraction of what competing labs charge. Theranos Wellness Centers are already operating in many Walgreens stores." 

And, CBS wants to spin such lies as "We have been duped."  They haven't been duped.  They are liars. 

No what you said is the the poster can not be trusted to post and tell the truth about what was posted.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

"Was the media duped?" 

3. Blood simple

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

I just looked thru the cbs article also, 

and failed to see any connection with Hillary or Barak.

Did Elizabeth influence our nation’s 

policies in some way? Did Barak want to pardon her?

So this woman was a snake oil salesman and charleton. Some people made bad investments...and?

frosty?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@aruzinsky wrote:

"Was the media duped?" 

3. Blood simple

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

What in my post is analogous to "my lawn" and who is on it?  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@Panjandrom wrote:

aruzinsky: "In March 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sued Holmes and Theranos, accusing them of fraudulently raising more than $700 million from investors through false or exaggerated claims. In exchange for settling the charges, Holmes agreed to pay a $500,000 fine, return 18.9 million shares, relinquish her voting control of Theranos, and be barred from serving as an officer or director of a public company for ten years."

Sounds like she was less than honest and got what she deserved. The rest of what you said translates into a crabby old man yelling "get off my lawn". Smiley Happy

Indeed.

Well said.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

aruzinsky: "In March 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sued Holmes and Theranos, accusing them of fraudulently raising more than $700 million from investors through false or exaggerated claims. In exchange for settling the charges, Holmes agreed to pay a $500,000 fine, return 18.9 million shares, relinquish her voting control of Theranos, and be barred from serving as an officer or director of a public company for ten years."

Sounds like she was less than honest and got what she deserved. The rest of what you said translates into a crabby old man yelling "get off my lawn". Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

You Go Girl

Message 9 of 9

"Was the media duped?" 

3. Blood simple

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Replies