Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Yes, You Should Be Comparing Trump to Hitler

Message 1 of 10

@rker321 wrote:

You are correct,  I don't compare Hittle or even Fidel Castro of the NK  guy  please, all of those people proved to be a lot more intelligent than Trump. they would  be offended by the comparison.

Do you happen to have the IQ scores of Castro, "the NK guy", or even "Hittle" that we can use for comparative purposes?

I showed this to Rabbi O'Brien and he wondered who Hittle is.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An op/ed from a left leaning publication is exactly what is is called - an opinion. It is not more valid than opinions published here. In fact, it uses some of the same  (coordinated?) comparisons about President Trump.

321 - I check with Rabbi O'Connor of the Temple of the Immaculate Conception and he said it was O.K. to be critical of forward.

For one who is so adamant about authoritative sources you seem to be pretty good at inventing them.

But this time you may have tried a Bridge too far -Rabbi and Immaculate Conception in one sentence? Or has the RW actually produced such a contradiction in terms?

The GOPs gutless leadership has already admitted the ripping of infants from their mother's arms is part of their strategy to exclude poor non-whites from our borders. Best you work on defending that, it you've gotten instructions.

The Rabbi thing has to do with an obsession another poster has with my (intact) foreskin.

I have seen no admission of "ripping infants" and "poor non-whites". Could you offer specifics or is that like Delta's reason for moving to GA? - made up?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

An op/ed from a left leaning publication is exactly what is is called - an opinion. It is not more valid than opinions published here. In fact, it uses some of the same  (coordinated?) comparisons about President Trump.

321 - I check with Rabbi O'Connor of the Temple of the Immaculate Conception and he said it was O.K. to be critical of forward.

No wonder you got the wrong advise, I guess that he had not yet heard what the Pope just said this morning. but what in the world were you doing in a Catholic church I said rabbi your rabbi and your Temple Are you now converting ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

You are correct,  I don't compare Hittle or even Fidel Castro of the NK  guy  please, all of those people proved to be a lot more intelligent than Trump. they would  be offended by the comparison.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For one who is so adamant about authoritative sources you seem to be pretty good at inventing them.

But this time you may have tried a Bridge too far -Rabbi and Immaculate Conception in one sentence? Or has the RW actually produced such a contradiction in terms?

The GOPs gutless leadership has already admitted the ripping of infants from their mother's arms is part of their strategy to exclude poor non-whites from our borders. Best you work on defending that, it you've gotten instructions.

A rabbi that believes in an Immaculate Conception and a Virgin Birth?

Next - some speaking-from-the-posterior yahoo will claim that everything that trump says is the truth...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

The important part of this is the authors of the article, who are comparing what Donald and his authoritarian motivated government to the Hitler regime are those of the Jewish Religion.   They are relying on their history, and who would nkow better about this process - well other than the Japanese who the US imprisoned during WWII.      

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

One important distinction must be noted...

Hitler served in uniform and was twice wounded - he wasn't a rear echelon whatchamallit.

trump - on the other hand was a puling, draft-dodging coward that needed his daddy to pay a doctor to lie for him...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Yes, You Should Be Comparing Trump to Hitler

Message 10 of 10

https://forward.com/opinion/403515/yes-you-should-be-comparing-trump-to-hitler/

Yes, You Should Be Comparing Trump to Hitler

For those of us who thought the Trump administration had lost its power to shock us, this week has been a rude awakening. From images of caged migrant children sleeping under space blankets to parents facing deportation proceedings alone, the federal government’s forcible separation of families at the border has shocked Americans’ consciences in a way that transcends ideology.

With our ancestral memory of forced migration and diaspora, American Jews’ history demands that we speak out against our country’s violent immigration policies, and to our credit, we’ve stepped up. Even the Orthodox Union, fresh off its questionable decision to honor Jeff Sessions, has condemned the federal government’s decision to take children from their parents.

But recently, we’ve begun to hear a familiar complaint from certain corners of our community: Comparing the Trump administration to Nazi Germany is offensive.

Stop already with the Nazi and Hitler analogies. Really. Stop. What's happening is its own kind of bad and you court discrediting the seriousness of your complaints about it by overstating things so tastelessly and wrongly.

This, to put it mildly, is a load of bunk. We want to believe that the Nazis were a special, exceptional kind of evil, because it’s easier for us. But the reality is that their brutality was just another manifestation of humanity’s worst flaws: our fear of the Other, the unthinking cruelty we unleash upon each other as soon as society gives us license. Those flaws are on full display at our southern border today, and we must recognize that if we are to break the cycle.

Read more: https://forward.com/opinion/403515/yes-you-should-be-comparing-trump-to-hitler/

True it's not the Holocaust, but the Holocaust didn't happen overnight, and Trump and Republicans are just getting warmed up.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors