From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Yes, Black America Fears the Police. Here’s Why.

Message 101 of 131

as i have staed before, level the playing field. Equal opportunity.Then test everyone the same. Its not race, its money

MI - I totally agree. Unfortunately, "equal opportunity" gets confused with "equal outcome".

cat - did you notice that your "national discussion of race" is all about the sins of Whites?? Is that really as far as you think it must go??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 131

Well, Kid - it appears that you have stirred up the mosquitoes. They are swarming and buzzing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

You couldn't discuss soft racism without insisting it starts with "lower expectations

Right you are, Cent - I couldn't discuss the term without including the definition of the term.

What are we supposed to do, make up definitions as we go in order to fir our personal biases?? Yes, Cent, even your side of the street has biases.

as i have staed before, level the playing field. Equal opportunity.Then test everyone the same. Its not race, its money

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 131

@alferdpacker wrote:

Why don't we set up a rotating "Bully Duty Roster"?

Let whoever wants to sign up.....

Then it can be arranged and posted so whiners will know who is officially to blame....

Additionally it can be determined whether one who is not on official "Bully Duty" is permitted to post anything critical of posts from those somewhat to the right......and whether one would be permitted to pass on any sort of criticism by an alleged "left wing bully" not on duty.....

I have a suggestion as to who to put in charge of it....he keeps bringing the topic up so often.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 131

@KidBoy2 wrote:

rk poted

Since you brought me into this, Centrist is spot on about you rk.

But Chas - I am not the topic.

With some like the "bully of this board" if they do not like what you post about the subject of a thread they make it about you.

Seems that you have trouble following threads also KidBoy. I only commented about rk because he brought me into the discussion.

Who is "the bully of this board"? rk9152?  He has just chased one poster away. Trolls come here, Trolls go away. If I am graced with a long life, I will be here long after both you and rk are gone. I'll outlast any Troll, they are a dime a dozen

So what do you have to contribute to the topic KidBoy? Nothing as usual? Care to comment on Black America fearing the Police?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Say - KidBoy2

Can we have some more of that delightfully amusing "pootery"?

I have to keep wondering who this 'bully of the board' is.

Why don't we set up a rotating "Bully Duty Roster"?

Let whoever wants to sign up.....

Then it can be arranged and posted so whiners will know who is officially to blame....

Additionally it can be determined whether one who is not on official "Bully Duty" is permitted to post anything critical of posts from those somewhat to the right......and whether one would be permitted to pass on any sort of criticism by an alleged "left wing bully" not on duty.....

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 131

@alferdpacker wrote:

Say - KidBoy2

I have to keep wondering who this 'bully of the board' is.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 131

Say - KidBoy2

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 131

rk poted

Since you brought me into this, Centrist is spot on about you rk.

But Chas - I am not the topic.

With some like the "bully of this board" if they do not like what you post about the subject of a thread they make it about you.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 131

Many posters have expressed the need for a national dialogue about race.

I think that discussion has already begun. As horrible as these senseless killings of unarmed black men have been, they've awakened the country. We're not just discussing the tensions between African Americans and the police up here--this is a discussion that's part of the nightly news. It's been editorialized in every newspaper in the country. I think it began with Trayvon Martin (who was killed by Zimmerman, not police), but the Martin case underscored the dangers to black youth and black men on the street at night. Martin's parents talked about their fears for their son. This was followed by another set of parents whose son was gunned down by an angry white man for playing loud music. While these weren't specifically police-involved killings, they set the stage.

We also see more involvement by the Justice Department investigating police practices in cities like North Charleston and Ferguson. I was unaware of the practice of harassing African Americans for minor traffic infractions or jay-walking. I wasn't aware that some police departments finance their cities this way. I think the entire country has been made aware of the injustice of these policies, and we're not going to tolerate them.

So the conversation has definitely begun. Let's make sure it continues.

Kudos
Views