Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Yes, Black America Fears the Police. Here’s Why.

Message 111 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

Maybe we can go in aeasier to rummage around in the web and find some White cop that killed a Black guy, condemn him, condemn America and move on to something else to find fault with.

Possibly I am being too negative and not crediting my fellow posters with suffuciently open minds - but I don't think so.

Aren't you the one who was defending the White cop in the New York Gardner case?  A video of him choking Gardner, yet you defended him?  Open mind?  I don't think so.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

Since you brought me into this, Centrist is spot on about you rk. 

But Chas - I am not the topic.

Like another poster here, when you start mentioning someone then you have brought them into the topic and making it about you. 

Of course you're not the topic here or in many threads, but you do a good job of making it all about you. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

Nevertheless, rk the fact is that your posts have consistently have had the same flavor and quality as would be expected of posts from a low life conservative douchebag troll.  

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 131

Meanwhile, back to the topic, this was post #6. Maybe we can go in a more positive direction:

The solution is for everyone to pitch in together to resolve.

True, Cent - kudoes.

There has been much said about the need for a national dialogue on race. Yet, we haven't had it. And, I suspect, we never will. It would take us into corners many would rather not go. It's easier to rummage around in the web and find some White cop that killed a Black guy, condemn him, condemn America and move on to something else to find fault with.

An honest "in both directions" discussion would be doomed to failure, interesting enough, by the word "bigot". Anyone stating one of those uncomfortable truths would be called a "bigot" and the lurking "Yeah, me too" crowd would pile on and the discussion would deteriorate into the usual swamp.

Possibly I am being too negative and not crediting my fellow posters with suffuciently open minds - but I don't think so.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 131

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

Actually, you could, if you had the ability to think independently.  "lower expectations" is an example of soft racism, it doesn't define the term.  But the fact you are obstinate in your belief and intolerant of different opinions of the meaning, is truly revealing.

Except for the desire to satisfy your lurking audience (Chas), I don't get the point of that. Surely it wasn't just to insult.

I, as you know, consider the soft racism of lowered expectation to be a great detriment to the minority communities. I can't tell from your barks if you agree, disagree, or just want to bark.

As I've said (as have many others), there is a need for an open discussion of the subject of racial relations in our Nation. But, I don't think that the "snap and snarl" approach is helpful.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

Actually, you could, if you had the ability to think independently.  "lower expectations" is an example of soft racism, it doesn't define the term.  But the fact you are obstinate in your belief and intolerant of different opinions of the meaning, is truly revealing.

I don't get the point of that. Surely it wasn't just to insult.

Hmmmm, tough one for ya, eh?  The point is, you choose to spin the term to fit your's and Bush's and the GOP's thought police definition of the term.  I posted the definition earlier in a seperate topic, just for you so you didn't turn another thread on its head.  You didn't stop.  Maybe you should look up the term....and steer away from it as it was applied by Conservatives....it's a very self-serving usage of the term.  Or maybe we can just agree, it doesn't matter....it's all racism. 

I, as you know, consider the soft racism of lowered expectation to be a great detriment to the minority communities.

Yet using soft racism is a tool you choose to frequent; though you claim others are "soft racists"; not you.

I can't tell from your barks if you agree, disagree, or just want to bark.

That's because you're still sniffing the wrong dogs butts.  I've said plenty of times your definition of soft racism was a bull....I guess I could post it again, but you aren't as stupid as you play here at times.

As I've said (as have many others), there is a need for an open discussion of the subject of racial relations in our Nation.

And apparently, unbeknowist to you, no one has disagreed.  But in YOUR mind, the only discussion you're willing to have is your own  lowered expectations.  Who are YOU to claim other's have "lower expectations"?  Shouldn't others be able to decide for themselves what expections they hold?  You keep talking about "they" and it's obvious you have no clue who "they" are.

But, I don't think that the "snap and snarl" approach is helpful.

Or the obstinate view that any discussion must included "lower expectations".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 131

Except for the desire to satisfy your lurking audience (Chas), I don't get the point of that. Surely it wasn't just to insult.

I, as you know, consider the soft racism of lowered expectation to be a great detriment to the minority communities. I can't tell from your barks if you agree, disagree, or just want to bark.

As I've said (as have many others), there is a need for an open discussion of the subject of racial relations in our Nation. But, I don't think that the "snap and snarl" approach is helpful.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

You couldn't discuss soft racism without insisting it starts with "lower expectations

Right you are, Cent - I couldn't discuss the term without including the definition of the term.

What are we supposed to do, make up definitions as we go in order to fir our personal biases??

Sadly, you have.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 131

You couldn't discuss soft racism without insisting it starts with "lower expectations

Right you are, Cent - I couldn't discuss the term without including the definition of the term.

What are we supposed to do, make up definitions as we go in order to fir our personal biases?? Yes, Cent, even your side of the street has biases.

Kudos
Views