Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
392
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

392 Views
Message 1 of 27

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


(rk said)Take a few deep breathes, count to ten, put on your unbiased, open minded coat and read it again.


You are condoning violence with this statement "Or the voters might decide that there is no need for a pol to have to put up with that sort of stuff and the reporter got his just desserts."

Again, try without bias and you will see that I endorsed nothing. I opined as to what the voters might be thinking.

 

By your logic "I do not support violence - nor do I support the invasion of private space by one who considers he is entitled to access to any pol at any time." what does this statement mean?  You make it sound like if I get into your space, you are entitled to use physical violence.  I stand by my comment from above.

If reporters continue to force themselves into the space of a pol physically after being politely asked to stop - as I said, I do not condone violence but, as a human, I can understand his reaction. By the way, he has acknowledged the inappropriateness of his actions.

 

321  - just for you, it is shortened.


Except for personal defense from a physical attack, there is never any justification for violence, no matter whether you are doing it from your beliefs or because you cannot control your own actions.  As a public figure a Politician is expected to deal with the Press which is guaranteed in the Constitution.  If they do not want to or are unable to do this, then don't run.  What you are advocating is that if people bother you enough, you have the right to hit them.  Yes, he did apologize and admit that he did it, so the question if you live in Montana is "Do you really want somebody representing you who exercises shall little control?"  As I said earlier a Reporter's job is to report and a good one, like a good salesman, does not take the first "no" as a final answer.  So, the next time you are out shopping and a salesman continues to talk to you after you told them "no" or "just looking", can you justify hitting them?


Your vision of right/wrong is accurate. He apologized. Apparently he was under pressure, the guy pushed a bit too much and he lost it.

 

My only point has been that this is not a partisan thing and it is offensive to try to make it such. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
392
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
396
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

396 Views
Message 2 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


(rk said)Take a few deep breathes, count to ten, put on your unbiased, open minded coat and read it again.


You are condoning violence with this statement "Or the voters might decide that there is no need for a pol to have to put up with that sort of stuff and the reporter got his just desserts."

Again, try without bias and you will see that I endorsed nothing. I opined as to what the voters might be thinking.

 

By your logic "I do not support violence - nor do I support the invasion of private space by one who considers he is entitled to access to any pol at any time." what does this statement mean?  You make it sound like if I get into your space, you are entitled to use physical violence.  I stand by my comment from above.

If reporters continue to force themselves into the space of a pol physically after being politely asked to stop - as I said, I do not condone violence but, as a human, I can understand his reaction. By the way, he has acknowledged the inappropriateness of his actions.

 

321  - just for you, it is shortened.


Except for personal defense from a physical attack, there is never any justification for violence, no matter whether you are doing it from your beliefs or because you cannot control your own actions.  As a public figure a Politician is expected to deal with the Press which is guaranteed in the Constitution.  If they do not want to or are unable to do this, then don't run.  What you are advocating is that if people bother you enough, you have the right to hit them.  Yes, he did apologize and admit that he did it, so the question if you live in Montana is "Do you really want somebody representing you who exercises shall little control?"  As I said earlier a Reporter's job is to report and a good one, like a good salesman, does not take the first "no" as a final answer.  So, the next time you are out shopping and a salesman continues to talk to you after you told them "no" or "just looking", can you justify hitting them?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
396
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
400
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

400 Views
Message 3 of 27

@max5647 wrote:

great day for all

 


A nice thought, thank you, max.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
400
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
406
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

406 Views
Message 4 of 27

@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16876/flashback-democratic-congressman-attacked-student-ben-shapiro#


I hate to presume and try not to.  You posted that link for a reason.  I'm trying to figure out how it is relative to Gianconte's behavior.  Did you meant Gianconte's behavior was justified because someone else did something similar at another point in time and under different circumstance?  P

 

Perhaps you meant to say an assault of this sort should not have been reported because Gianconte was a Republican?  If so, did you mean to say that the reporter should have not said anything about Republican Candidate Gianconte unless they also went back in time to tag a Democratic Congressman who also committed assault under the 'equal time' or 'fairness doctrine'?  Left us all hanging there, so you did.

 

Whatever you meant, all that is highly irrelevant.  Not serious.  Disingenuous even.  Not unusual.


Not justifying - just pointing out the bipartisan nature of such actions.

 

Totally serious. Highly relevent. Completely honest. Right - not unusual.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
406
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
408
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

408 Views
Message 5 of 27

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16876/flashback-democratic-congressman-attacked-student-ben-shapiro#


From Your Own Article - that BTW is 7 years old news 

 

"Etheridge would go on to be defeated by Congresswoman Renee Ellmers" 

 

Republican Renee Ellmers has unseated veteran Congressman Bob Etheridge, according to unofficial results of a recount in the tight Second District race.

 

"What's done is done," Etheridge said Friday afternoon in conceding defeat.

 

The seven-term Democrat - LOST picked up six votes on Ellmers after voting results were tabulated a second time, but it was nowhere near enough to overcome her 1,489-vote lead following the Nov. 2 election.

 

Source - http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8649714/

 

 


Your point???


Dead cat. this has nothing to do with the Montana incident. You arent pointing out oth parties have done it, you are trying to justify it. By the way, Trump said good win in Montana. Just saw it on the news.


Au contraire, mon frere, not justifying, merely pointing out that it is non-partisan. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
408
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
412
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

412 Views
Message 6 of 27

@sp362 wrote:


(rk said)Take a few deep breathes, count to ten, put on your unbiased, open minded coat and read it again.


You are condoning violence with this statement "Or the voters might decide that there is no need for a pol to have to put up with that sort of stuff and the reporter got his just desserts."

Again, try without bias and you will see that I endorsed nothing. I opined as to what the voters might be thinking.

 

By your logic "I do not support violence - nor do I support the invasion of private space by one who considers he is entitled to access to any pol at any time." what does this statement mean?  You make it sound like if I get into your space, you are entitled to use physical violence.  I stand by my comment from above.

If reporters continue to force themselves into the space of a pol physically after being politely asked to stop - as I said, I do not condone violence but, as a human, I can understand his reaction. By the way, he has acknowledged the inappropriateness of his actions.

 

321  - just for you, it is shortened.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
412
Views
Info Seeker
0
Kudos
427
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

427 Views
Message 7 of 27

great day for all

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
427
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
435
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

435 Views
Message 8 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16876/flashback-democratic-congressman-attacked-student-ben-shapiro#


I hate to presume and try not to.  You posted that link for a reason.  I'm trying to figure out how it is relative to Gianconte's behavior.  Did you meant Gianconte's behavior was justified because someone else did something similar at another point in time and under different circumstance?  P

 

Perhaps you meant to say an assault of this sort should not have been reported because Gianconte was a Republican?  If so, did you mean to say that the reporter should have not said anything about Republican Candidate Gianconte unless they also went back in time to tag a Democratic Congressman who also committed assault under the 'equal time' or 'fairness doctrine'?  Left us all hanging there, so you did.

 

Whatever you meant, all that is highly irrelevant.  Not serious.  Disingenuous even.  Not unusual.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
435
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
437
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

437 Views
Message 9 of 27

@sp362 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Yep. He won and this event will be the definining moment. Every move he makes in DC will be reported and this event will be included. It will be another pain for Ryan. 


Montana is a Vote by Mail Early State - estimates based on previous elections - put the percentage of votes already cast before the GOP Bully Bodyslammed a innocent Citizen to the ground at around 70%

 

Many Montana Voters and Americans from around the Country think the Bully should resign and allow Montanans to vote over 

 

 


Mick, I don't see that happening.  What will be interesting is if Montana voters care enough in a year and a half to re-elect him. If they do, that doesn't say a lot about the morals of the people in the electorate.


MORALS?

 

How About Patriotsim?

 

Our Country is in a Congressional Crisis - Nothing is being accomplished - the US Congress hasn;t accomplished anything meaningful for a Majority of American Citizens since Obamacare was passed and if the Democrats had Patriotic concerns for the Country - they would have been less concerned about how a vote for Obamacare would affect their re-elction and more about crafting a Bullet-proof bill that did not have doomed to fail as a Footnote 

 

Obamacare could have been an American Legislative Victory for a Majority of Citizens and the envy of the world just like Roe v Wade - The Civil Rights Act - Social Security & Medicare and Unemployment Insurance

 

Instead it was a poorly written - incompetently funded - and Obtusely Inaugurated piece of junk - the intent was honorable - the substance contained planned obsolscence 

 

 


Mick, the only thing I said was that this bully would not resign.  It will be up to the voters in Montana in a year and a half to decide to keep him there or not.  Let's hope they hold him to a high enough standard to send him to defeat.


You also said this 

 

"If they do, that doesn't say a lot about the morals of the people in the electorate."

 

I directed my comment to that subject - which is one of my biggest pet peeves - Morality in and of the Electorate 

 

My oldest Daughter and I haven't spoken since the Election because she defended her support of Trump by telling me that - her and her husband do not Vote for their Elected Officials based on their Morality.......................

 

I didn;t know what to say so I found someone else to quote

 

While it’s true that each of us has but one vote to cast, in so casting it, we are participating in a collective action with serious moral consequences, and that makes our actions morally serious.

 

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/13/is-the-lesser-of-two-evils-an-ethical-ch...

 

Sorry - I digressed 

 

 

 

 


Sorry, but I am confused.  Are we agreeing with each other on the morals of the people who would re-elect this bully?


we hear from a Montana voter here now and then. I have no doubt he will re elect this guy

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
437
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
441
Views

Re: Yay - GOP Bully Wins Election WWE Style

441 Views
Message 10 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16876/flashback-democratic-congressman-attacked-student-ben-shapiro#


From Your Own Article - that BTW is 7 years old news 

 

"Etheridge would go on to be defeated by Congresswoman Renee Ellmers" 

 

Republican Renee Ellmers has unseated veteran Congressman Bob Etheridge, according to unofficial results of a recount in the tight Second District race.

 

"What's done is done," Etheridge said Friday afternoon in conceding defeat.

 

The seven-term Democrat - LOST picked up six votes on Ellmers after voting results were tabulated a second time, but it was nowhere near enough to overcome her 1,489-vote lead following the Nov. 2 election.

 

Source - http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8649714/

 

 


Your point???


Dead cat. this has nothing to do with the Montana incident. You arent pointing out oth parties have done it, you are trying to justify it. By the way, Trump said good win in Montana. Just saw it on the news.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
441
Views