Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Yale Alumni Blast Kavanaugh

Message 1 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

@TemperMental67 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@TemperMental67 wrote:

What’s the question? To me, he’s living on the edge for someone making so much. He should have more savings.   

I thought conservatives pride themselves on being fiscally responsible. It looks like he’s living higher than he should be. 

I’d worry he’d possibly be vulnerable to bribery. That brings down more public servants than anything. 

Such pettiness is generally not used in selecting a member of SCOTUS.

Right....because Republicans have shown they don’t care about poor judgment at all...

I don't believe that such pettiness is generally used in selecting a member of SCOTUS by either Party.

It wasn't in the past - but now - with Putin's purchase - the most dishonest man to have ever dishonored the oval office - pettiness, bigotry, and short-sighted dishonesty is de rigueuer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@TemperMental67 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@TemperMental67 wrote:

What’s the question? To me, he’s living on the edge for someone making so much. He should have more savings.   

I thought conservatives pride themselves on being fiscally responsible. It looks like he’s living higher than he should be. 

I’d worry he’d possibly be vulnerable to bribery. That brings down more public servants than anything. 

Right....because Republicans have shown they don’t care about poor judgment at all...

I don't believe that such pettiness is generally used in selecting a member of SCOTUS by either Party.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

@TemperMental67 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@TemperMental67 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@TemperMental67 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

WOW!!!!

200 out of 20,000 - I guess that ends it for him.

Oh it's still - Real Early - the Guy was just nominated Monday Night at 9 PM and I suspect that once the Hearings start and things like how the Judge was Tens of Thousands of Dollars in Debt from spending money on of all things - Baseball Tickets - Money he and his sweet little wife and kids obviously DiD Not Have..................................................is going to increase the signature count exponentially..........................

When was the last time 200 Alumni from Yale got together to demand the School rescind their endorsement.......................oh well - like never!

I am a little concerned about his financial stability.  I live near him (although NOT in the neighborhood with $1.4 million houses), and he's close to my age.  An $865,000 mortgage at this point in our lives is a little steep.  And only having half a million in the TSP, from which he borrowed, is very odd.   

I thought conservatives were supposed to be.....fiscally conservative.

????????????????????????????????????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

WOW!!!!

Oh it's still - Real Early - the Guy was just nominated Monday Night at 9 PM and I suspect that once the Hearings start and things like how the Judge was Tens of Thousands of Dollars in Debt from spending money on of all things - Baseball Tickets - Money he and his sweet little wife and kids obviously DiD Not Have..................................................is going to increase the signature count exponentially..........................

When was the last time 200 Alumni from Yale got together to demand the School rescind their endorsement.......................oh well - like never!

I am a little concerned about his financial stability.  I live near him (although NOT in the neighborhood with $1.4 million houses), and he's close to my age.  An $865,000 mortgage at this point in our lives is a little steep.  And only having half a million in the TSP, from which he borrowed, is very odd.   

I thought conservatives were supposed to be.....fiscally conservative.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

WOW!!!!

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@rker321 wrote:

On this one, I feel that the Democratic Party in the Senate should simply ask whatever questions they want an then  confirm this man.

There is no way that  no matter how much they scream they will be able to avoid the fact that this man will be confirmed.

Elections have consequences, and this is one of them. They should have really instill that responsibility to Democrats during the2016 elections and how critical they could be.
So, now its time to act. Forget this guy, he is going to do what we all know he is going to do, and nobody will be able to  do anything about this.

So, concentrate on the things that you can do. concentrate in vetting candidates that will win, concentrated in putting forth a grass root campaign  Concentrate in the elections. if you  don't might as well forget it. 
And the only thing that you all will do. is come here to this message board and complain.

Is Yale in there someplace?  How about Kavanaugh?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

On this one, I feel that the Democratic Party in the Senate should simply ask whatever questions they want an then  confirm this man.

There is no way that  no matter how much they scream they will be able to avoid the fact that this man will be confirmed.

Elections have consequences, and this is one of them. They should have really instill that responsibility to Democrats during the2016 elections and how critical they could be.
So, now its time to act. Forget this guy, he is going to do what we all know he is going to do, and nobody will be able to  do anything about this.

So, concentrate on the things that you can do. concentrate in vetting candidates that will win, concentrated in putting forth a grass root campaign  Concentrate in the elections. if you  don't might as well forget it. 
And the only thing that you all will do. is come here to this message board and complain.

Kudos
Views