Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YOUNGER GENERATIONS HAVE IT TOUGHER

Message 1 of 36

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
... and common sense is rare these days, especially if feelings is the ruling "logic".

Feelings = a vague or irrational belief.

Dems have no idea how to develop wisdom because rather than use the experience for knowledge development, they see it as an opportunity to moan about society's ills.

Get a hair cut and get a real job. lol

As usual the self appointed preachers make their appearance in a thread and start  by insulting others, well, here we go again. with  a post the doesn't belong.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

I have 3 successful sons, who work very hard to be successful, and still life is much harder for them than it was for me when I was in my 30's as two of them are now. Student loans are outrageous and none of them to date own their own homes, not for lack of trying. 

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36
... and common sense is rare these days, especially if feelings is the ruling "logic".

Feelings = a vague or irrational belief.

Dems have no idea how to develop wisdom because rather than use the experience for knowledge development, they see it as an opportunity to moan about society's ills.

Get a hair cut and get a real job. lol

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I don't know any Trump supporters but I do know supporters of a President who promises one thing and actually does it! Regulations are needed for monopolies and all parties favor regulating monopolies, even Democrats! Private stockowner held companies that are not monopolies do not need regulation. Understand now?????

And who is the arbitrator of that knowledge?

All that have one important attribute - common sense!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I don't know any Trump supporters but I do know supporters of a President who promises one thing and actually does it! Regulations are needed for monopolies and all parties favor regulating monopolies, even Democrats! Private stockowner held companies that are not monopolies do not need regulation. Understand now?????

And who is the arbitrator of that knowledge?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36
Once out of college or the military... their jobs paid for healthcare.

Their educations were paid for by some 529 money, work, scholarships and the GI bill.

How about your kids?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
My 4 born between 1981 and 1991 are doing just fine. Maybe when the "what to do" and "how to do it" lesson was being taught, not everyone had good teachers or got an A.

We don't need another "you've done me wrong" cause for the taxpayers to fix.

Congratulations. How do they get their healthcare and how did they pay for their educations? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36
My 4 born between 1981 and 1991 are doing just fine. Maybe when the "what to do" and "how to do it" lesson was being taught, not everyone had good teachers or got an A.

We don't need another "you've done me wrong" cause for the taxpayers to fix.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

@gruffstuff wrote:

Company Pensions , Matching 401k's and Healthcare have all but disappeared for today's young workers.

True

Historic low home ownership rates too,  flat or near flat incomes, student debt, personal debt, lots of road blocks for young people.

We should also note the recent demonstrations going on all around the globe for action on climate change. These activists are not just millennials, but also the generation Z'ers. They understand that the cost of climate change, and the cost of the failure of present generations to take action, will have a devastating effect on their future. They are being stuck with the bill for that, too. I completely understand their outrage. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

@rker321 wrote:

All corporations that sell stock are regulated by the rules of the Stock Exchange. Right now you vote on top salaries but it is NOT BINDING. This needs to happen to control the upper salaries or the left will continue whining about the excessive CEO salaries (and they're right to complain)!

Ok, now I am confused.  don't Trump supporters are for less regulations of just the ones that are convenient to them?

Kudos
Views