On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

Message 91 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

"Verififable"? That says it all !!!!

@jimor13 wrote:

"Veriti-fable" That's a very clear and succinct description of corb facts.

In true liberal fashion, when they have no facts and aren't bright enough to make an intelligent argument, they chose to argue with a typo.  I have to admit, I've never understood why anyone, even an ignorant liberal would go so far out of their way to actually demonstrate that ignorance.

You have had many intelligent and accurate posts made to you on this topic but you have simply failed to grasp them or simply choose to deny them.

As far as that individual word(?)  of yours that I quoted ............. you posted it ............. I didn't, then you use the word "ignorant" in reference to a liberal pointing it out.

Sorry I forgot to address this.  It is IGNORANT.  And the reason it is, is two-fold.  First, to say it was spelled wrong you have to know the correct spelling.  So, while you new exactly what was meant you chose to try to make it something else.  THAT'S IGNORANCE.  Second, you chose to reply to a typo when you knew what was meant and ignore the facts that were presented, becuase you are unable to.  THAT TOO IS IGNORANCE.  Let me make that three-fold.  Now you're trying to continue making an issue out of a typo because you are just not capable of presenting any facts or even an intelligent argument.  IGNORANCE AGAIN.

Let's see if I have your "facts" correct.  The ONLY so-called fact you've stated about what dems have done to advance civil rights is that the dems WERE RACISTS but the racist left the dems and joined the republicans.  That's it.  That's your "facts?"  First, AS I SAID, some did some didn't.  But go ahead and pretend they all left the dems.  Now gives us some facts about what the dems did to advance civil rights after they got rid of the racists.  Anything?  Some little fact you can actually point to instead of something only the left wing sheep believe?  Anything?  Anything?  Come on, there must be something.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 230

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jimor13 wrote:

In true liberal fashion, when they have no facts and aren't bright enough to make an intelligent argument, they chose to argue with a typo.  I have to admit, I've never understood why anyone, even an ignorant liberal would go so far out of their way to actually demonstrate that ignorance.

You have had many intelligent and accurate posts made to you on this topic but you have simply failed to grasp them or simply choose to deny them.

As far as that individual word(?)  of yours that I quoted ............. you posted it ............. I didn't, then you use the word "ignorant" in reference to a liberal pointing it out.

Let's see if I have your "facts" correct.  The ONLY so-called fact you've stated about what dems have done to advance civil rights is that the dems WERE RACISTS but the racist left the dems and joined the republicans.  That's it.  That's your "facts?"  First, AS I SAID, some did some didn't.  But go ahead and pretend they all left the dems.  Now gives us some facts about what the dems did to advance civil rights after they got rid of the racists.  Anything?  Some little fact you can actually point to instead of something only the left wing sheep believe?  Anything?  Anything?  Come on, there must be something.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

Rich - there are a lot of words there but, from what I have seen, they seem to aim more at disparity. For example, in your second reference, look on page 386 and you will see methodology for determining disparity - but no analysis as to the reasons for the disparity.

Let's cut to the chase - there is discrimination. Some whites prefer the company of whites, same for blacks - men/women, etc. There are places where acting on your preferences is illegal.

My only objection to this (and other discussions of this type) is that people find a disparity and immediately jump to the "racism" conclusion.

Yesterday in the gym, one of the TVs had a cheerleader competition on ESPN. Except for a few "catchers" for safety sake, all the participants were female. Applying the "racist" logic so common on these boards, that competition must have been "sexist" due to the disparity of the gender representation.

Is the worldwide tradition of having separate athletic competitions for women and men due to physical differences as a result of evolved sexual dimorphism in H. Sapiens to be considered "sexist" and condemned as such?

rk9152 is using flawed logic and deliberate disengenuity.

So - to solve sexist disparity, sub five foot females who are heavily armed with multiple lethal weapons could be hired as "bouncers" in bars.  

Would rk9152 be good with that solution - and others of a similar nature - to solve "sexist disparity in our society's employment and hiring practices"?

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

Rich - there are a lot of words there but, from what I have seen, they seem to aim more at disparity. For example, in your second reference, look on page 386 and you will see methodology for determining disparity - but no analysis as to the reasons for the disparity.

Let's cut to the chase - there is discrimination. Some whites prefer the company of whites, same for blacks - men/women, etc. There are places where acting on your preferences is illegal.

My only objection to this (and other discussions of this type) is that people find a disparity and immediately jump to the "racism" conclusion.

Yesterday in the gym, one of the TVs had a cheerleader competition on ESPN. Except for a few "catchers" for safety sake, all the participants were female. Applying the "racist" logic so common on these boards, that competition must have been "sexist" due to the disparity of the gender representation.

You're really reaching, too far actually. Obviously you touched on the reason for male "catchers", those being safety reasons because males are obviously stronger the vast majority of the time. So ...... there are males because they have strength capabilities the women often don't match up to.    Are you saying that Blacks have some kind of limited capabilities or somehow have different tendencies than Whites because of their race? Is that why they get arrested, prosecuted, in general hassled by the police at disproportionate rates when compared to White people? Are Whites somehow superior in that respect?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 230

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jimor13 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 230

@jimor13 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jimor13 wrote:

That never was a "typo" - it's always been a Freudian Slip - and we all know it is.

I stand corrected.  I thought the height of ignorance was arguing with a typo.  But now a new contender emerges:  The person who first argues with a typo AND then adds to the demonstration of ignorance by arguing about the meaning of a typo.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

Here are the statistics in question from an earlier post from Rich:

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped. Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism .
After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

Does anyone really think that an analysis of those numbers is not needed before jumping to the "racist" conclusion?

Considering that fact that, "Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism", was included right in the middle of the stats, that clearly shows that there is an obvious bias in the list.

You're absolutely right.  Often erroneously attributed to Harry Truman, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."  The worst kind of lie is statistics based on inaccurate numbers.  As I previously said about the stats above:

First of all, some of the numbers do not compute.  Second, stop and frisks had reasons behind them, they were not just random.  Whether or not someone is detained while awaiting trial is normally dependent upon ability to pay.  Like just about everything in our legal system, it has to do with money not race.  Sentencing stats are also wrong because they too depend upon money.   Almost every case is settled through a plea bargin.  And who gets the best deal depends upon who has the money for the best lawyer.  In addition, two people who were sentenced for class C felonies might get vastly different sentences because one of them actually committed a class A felony that was bargined down to class C.

Statistics are only as good as the numbers they are based on and in the categories you're talking about there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many things that can skew the numbers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jimor13 wrote:

That never was a "typo" - it's always been a Freudian Slip - and we all know it is.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 230

ChasKy53 wrote:

jimor13 wrote:

Kudos
Views