With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
193
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

193 Views
Message 101 of 230

@cat2015 wrote:

Corb, this is a silly argument. Your own vote totals show that more Democrats than Republicans in both houses voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

 

Here's the last one I posted.  Dems, 29 yes, 18 no; Repub 43 yes, 0 no. 

 

Sensible people in both parties were needed, but both of these pieces of legislation were obviously Democratic initiatives--and rightly identified as such by the Dixiecrats.

 

Another meaningless statement which has no bearing on anything said.

 

You misrepresent what Chasky said. He said that Dixiecrats switched to the Republican Party.

 

Another inaccurate assessment.  I said Dixiecrats used switching parties as a threat for leverage but remained democrats and I OFFERED PROOF OF THAT AND CHASKY AGREED.

 

Obviously these Dixiecrats supported segregation. The reason the South is red today is because Nixon coopted the white backlash to LBJ's civil rights bills.

 

The so-called Nixon southern strategy was a myth, which anyone with any intelligence should be able to undertand if they care to actually look into it rather than repeating the left wing spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies like good little sheep.

 

You're trying to rewrite history. It's not going to work. Facts have a stubborn liberal bias.

The only thing that has a "liberal bias" is spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies.

 

The comment was made that republicans are racists.  In fact that is said all the time by the sheep who aren't intelligent enough to do anything but repeat the left wing talking points that are nothing but spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies.  I said it was not true and I posted some FACTS AND EVIDENCE of things republicans did to advance civil rights.  And I said if any of the dem sheep who have been fed the spin so long that they probably believe it should post FACTS AND EVIDENCE of what the dems did that show they are not the racist party.  They have not.  Obviously there is no evidence that the dems are not racists.  The only response has been an omission that the DEMS WERE RACISTS and the claim that all the racists left the dumbocrat party and joined the republicans.  The truth is that some did and some didn't.  But even if you want to believe that all of them became republicans, what have the dems done SINCE THEN to advance civil rights?  What have the republicans done to prove they are racists?  And I don't mean individuals.  There are individuals in BOTH PARTIES today who are racists.  What has either PARTY done?

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
193
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
198
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

198 Views
Message 102 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

Here are the statistics in question from an earlier post from Rich:

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped. Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism .
After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

 

Does anyone really think that an analysis of those numbers is not needed before jumping to the "racist" conclusion?

 

Considering that fact that, "Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism", was included right in the middle of the stats, that clearly shows that there is an obvious bias in the list.

 


I would have posted more for you but I got tired of cutting and pasting.  Oddly, I could find zero analysis that showed the BLM claims to be statistically incorrect. 

 

https://books.google.com/books?id=XaCcAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT134&lpg=PT134&dq=statistical+analysis+of+racial+...

 

 

http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1167&context=bjell

 

http://www.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/46946_CH_3.pdf

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
198
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
197
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

197 Views
Message 103 of 230

Here are the statistics in question from an earlier post from Rich:

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped. Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism .
After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

 

Does anyone really think that an analysis of those numbers is not needed before jumping to the "racist" conclusion?

 

Considering that fact that, "Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism", was included right in the middle of the stats, that clearly shows that there is an obvious bias in the list.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
197
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
197
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

197 Views
Message 104 of 230

@cat2015 wrote:

Rk, your posts make your feelings obvious.

 

However, we'll pretend otherwise.

 

You say you're a supporter of civil rights for all people. Do you agree that police departments across the nation need to be reformed so that we can reduce the number of unarmed blacks killed?

 

 


Offensive and trolling. Hence, not deserving of a response.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
197
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
212
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

212 Views
Message 105 of 230

"Veriti-fable"  That's a very clear and succinct description of corb facts.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
212
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
222
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

222 Views
Message 106 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

  I posted verififable FACTS.  Do you have any?

 


"Verififable"?   That says it all !!!! 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
222
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
227
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

227 Views
Message 107 of 230

Rk, your posts make your feelings obvious.

 

However, we'll pretend otherwise.

 

You say you're a supporter of civil rights for all people. Do you agree that police departments across the nation need to be reformed so that we can reduce the number of unarmed blacks killed?

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
227
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
229
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

229 Views
Message 108 of 230

Corb, this is a silly argument. Your own vote totals show that more Democrats than Republicans in both houses voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Sensible people in both parties were needed, but both of these pieces of legislation were obviously Democratic initiatives--and rightly identified as such by the Dixiecrats.

 

You misrepresent what Chasky said. He said that Dixiecrats switched to the Republican Party. Obviously these Dixiecrats supported segregation. The reason the South is red today is because Nixon coopted the white backlash to LBJ's civil rights bills.

 

You're trying to rewrite history. It's not going to work. Facts have a stubborn liberal bias.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
229
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
250
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

250 Views
Message 109 of 230

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:
__________________________________________________________________________
Corb ......
The 'Dixiecrats' were formed by racists within the Democratic Party, splitting from the Democratic Party (in 1948), trying to start a viable third Party of their own. It simply didn't work, they didn't have enough numbers, and they dissolved later. Those Dixiecrat members returned to the Democratic Party. The  (racist) Democrats in those Southern (Dixiecrat) States left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act passed during Johnson's Presidency. It was Johnson (Democrat) who pushed through the Civil Rights Act, he did not simply sign it. The House vote had a majority of both Democrats and Republicans vote yes on the Senate revised bill. Dems, 152 yes, 91 no ........ Repub 136 yes, 35 no.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/government-politics/dixiecrats
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

More spin. First, you and your referenced articles don't say anything I haven't already said. You repeated the numbers I posted for ONE VOTE which shows a much larger percentage of democrats were against civil rights. Here's one of the other sets of numbers I posted, this one for a Senate vote: Dems, 29 yes, 18 no; Repub 43 yes, 0 no. And while the democrat spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies say the republicans are racists, what do those votes say? WHAT DO THE ACTUAL FACTS SAY? They say the democrats are the ones who are actually the racists. By the way, the spin you used that was most laughable was that Johnson pushed the 1964 Civil Rights Act through. It is correct that without Johnson, the Act would have never been passed. What makes it spin is to use that fact as evidence that republicans are racists. The "pushing" he did was on his own party. To Johnson's credit, if it hadn't been for him more democrats would have voted against the act. Besides, THINK! When has a democrat president ever "pushed" republicans into voting for something they didn't want.

 

Let's try again: What.......... have..........democrats.........DONE........ to......... advance........... civil............. rights?


Corb,    all you show is that you will not accept historical facts as they are written. Those facts don't show that the Democratic Party is racist or prejudiced against Blacks.  Those historical facts clearly show that the Democratic Party, at the time that the Civil Rights Act was voted on, contained southern racists. Those racists left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act was passed and they then joined the Republican Party. Do some research on Johnson. Actually Johnson used the bully pulpit and muscled many Republicans to vote yes on the Civil Rights Act. That is also historically recorded.

 

I am VERY familar with Johnson and what he did.  So, if you actually believe what you say "is also historically recorded" point to it.  Not in some left wing rag, but in a history book.  It's not history because you erroneously say it is.  It's not fact because YOU erroneously say it is.  I posted verififable FACTS.  Do you have any?

 

History is clear to everyone who doesn't try and twist it like you do to try and support your erroneous opinions.

 

Yes, history is clear and verifiable.  Unfortunately, you keep repeating left wing talking points that aren't true and calling them history.  POINT TO A FACT.  Well, if you can find one.


By the way, it hasn't escaped my attention that you are STILL using the left wing talking point, like a good little lamb, calling republicans racists, but you STILL have not provided one single FACT that shows that democrats have ever done anything to advance civil rights while republicans have.  Even in the vote YOU quoted above, a large number of democrats voted against it.  It only passed because of republicans.  Even your argument that the democrat bigots became republicans (which is a half-truth at best) is not something democrats did to advance civil rights. So, maybe the third time will be the charm and you'll dig up some arcane little item.  If not, well, it will be safe to say you can't find any FACTS because there aren't any.  So:

 

What.......... have..........democrats.........DONE........ to......... advance........... civil............. rights?,

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
250
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
258
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

258 Views
Message 110 of 230

@jimor13 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

To the topic..

You might be a rascist if..

You cant state Black Lives Matter withut a qualifier.

 


Racists, by definition, favor one race over another.  So just like the KKK favoring the white race is racist, it is also racist for BLM to favor the black race.  So in reality, it's the people who are saying black live matter who are the racists.


Once again, you are making up your own definitions. The definition is below.  I agree, based on the actual definition, that the KKK is racist.  I disagree that BLM is.  BLM does not feel the black race is superior but that it has been treated poorly in the United States. Statistics on dropout rates, drug abuse, incarceration, and violent interactions with police would seem to bear them out.  Racism is NOT "favoritng" but feeling one race is superior. 

 

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist More


 

The definition of favor is to "feel or show approval or preference for."  That's what the KKK does in regard to the white race and it's what BLM does in regard to the black race. Nowhere is that more clear than when BLM supporters claim it is wrong to say all lives matter instead of black lives matter.


By that definition, the life of a black ex-con, and the life of a white cop are of absolutely equal value.

Is that correct?

 

Not necessarily.  My opinion is that we would all be better off if some people were dead.  For example, if the ex-con was a pedophile I would answer no.  In some cases I would answer yes.

 

That would make back-shooting a cop, and back-shooting a black civilian equally bad, wouldn't it?

 

I would be happy to examine an individual case and give you an answer because it depends upon the circumstances, not about race.  There have certainly been cases where cops have committed murder, but that is not the norm.  The issue I have with it is there are more instances of BLM and other groups protesting things that involved NO wrong doing than things that DO involve wrongdoing.  And they protest ONLY because the person involved was black.  That's racist.  Ferguson is the perfect example of that.   


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
258
Views