You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
163
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

163 Views
Message 111 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:
__________________________________________________________________________
Corb ......
The 'Dixiecrats' were formed by racists within the Democratic Party, splitting from the Democratic Party (in 1948), trying to start a viable third Party of their own. It simply didn't work, they didn't have enough numbers, and they dissolved later. Those Dixiecrat members returned to the Democratic Party. The  (racist) Democrats in those Southern (Dixiecrat) States left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act passed during Johnson's Presidency. It was Johnson (Democrat) who pushed through the Civil Rights Act, he did not simply sign it. The House vote had a majority of both Democrats and Republicans vote yes on the Senate revised bill. Dems, 152 yes, 91 no ........ Repub 136 yes, 35 no.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/government-politics/dixiecrats
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

More spin. First, you and your referenced articles don't say anything I haven't already said. You repeated the numbers I posted for ONE VOTE which shows a much larger percentage of democrats were against civil rights. Here's one of the other sets of numbers I posted, this one for a Senate vote: Dems, 29 yes, 18 no; Repub 43 yes, 0 no. And while the democrat spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies say the republicans are racists, what do those votes say? WHAT DO THE ACTUAL FACTS SAY? They say the democrats are the ones who are actually the racists. By the way, the spin you used that was most laughable was that Johnson pushed the 1964 Civil Rights Act through. It is correct that without Johnson, the Act would have never been passed. What makes it spin is to use that fact as evidence that republicans are racists. The "pushing" he did was on his own party. To Johnson's credit, if it hadn't been for him more democrats would have voted against the act. Besides, THINK! When has a democrat president ever "pushed" republicans into voting for something they didn't want.

 

Let's try again: What.......... have..........democrats.........DONE........ to......... advance........... civil............. rights?


Corb,    all you show is that you will not accept historical facts as they are written. Those facts don't show that the Democratic Party is racist or prejudiced against Blacks.  Those historical facts clearly show that the Democratic Party, at the time that the Civil Rights Act was voted on, contained southern racists. Those racists left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act was passed and they then joined the Republican Party. Do some research on Johnson. Actually Johnson used the bully pulpit and muscled many Republicans to vote yes on the Civil Rights Act. That is also historically recorded.

History is clear to everyone who doesn't try and twist it like you do to try and support your erroneous opinions.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
163
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
170
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

170 Views
Message 112 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

To the topic..

You might be a rascist if..

You cant state Black Lives Matter withut a qualifier.

 


Racists, by definition, favor one race over another.  So just like the KKK favoring the white race is racist, it is also racist for BLM to favor the black race.  So in reality, it's the people who are saying black live matter who are the racists.


Once again, you are making up your own definitions. The definition is below.  I agree, based on the actual definition, that the KKK is racist.  I disagree that BLM is.  BLM does not feel the black race is superior but that it has been treated poorly in the United States. Statistics on dropout rates, drug abuse, incarceration, and violent interactions with police would seem to bear them out.  Racism is NOT "favoritng" but feeling one race is superior. 

 

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist More


 

 

The definition of favor is to "feel or show approval or preference for."  That's what the KKK does in regard to the white race and it's what BLM does in regard to the black race. Nowhere is that more clear than when BLM supporters claim it is wrong to say all lives matter instead of black lives matter.


By that definition, the life of a black ex-con, and the life of a white cop are of absolutely equal value.

Is that correct?

That would make back-shooting a cop, and back-shooting a black civilian equally bad, wouldn't it?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
170
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
169
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

169 Views
Message 113 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

Chas wrote, "

The stats were about many things besides education rk. You did post what I said you posted ............  "No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis".     When you said this, you didn't designate just educational statistics, you were speaking of all of them. Those stats (which the stats on education are only a small part of) speak for their self, you simply try to "interpret" them to suit your own opinion. Your "interpretation" is erroneous according to those who collected the statistics.

I believe the same thing that those who gathered the statistics believe, that racial discrimination against blacks exists and is proven by the statistics that were posted. Since you now single out only those educational statistics ......... does that mean that you now agree that the statistics show racist discrimination against blacks in all of the other areas??

____________________________________________________

 

All statistics require analysis and interpretation, the education example was just that - an example. But I do not get your point - do you not think that interpretation is needed?

 

If stats show some sort an imbalance in outcome, obviously something should be done. But I believe that to determine what the appropriate "something" is, analysis is required.

 


No rk, the stats don't need more analysis, the "something" has already been determined. The stats were gathered to prove and support the analysis of experts. Instead of you saying "the statistics need analysis", it would be more accurate of you to say that you want more of your own analysis of the statistics because you simply don't want to accept what experts on this say, (because your political position is the opposite). Your "analysis" is based on political bias much, much more than the experts' are. Your argument against the opinion of the experts is sadly hollow.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
169
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
179
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

179 Views
Message 114 of 230

@Richva wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

To the topic..

You might be a rascist if..

You cant state Black Lives Matter withut a qualifier.

 


Racists, by definition, favor one race over another.  So just like the KKK favoring the white race is racist, it is also racist for BLM to favor the black race.  So in reality, it's the people who are saying black live matter who are the racists.


Once again, you are making up your own definitions. The definition is below.  I agree, based on the actual definition, that the KKK is racist.  I disagree that BLM is.  BLM does not feel the black race is superior but that it has been treated poorly in the United States. Statistics on dropout rates, drug abuse, incarceration, and violent interactions with police would seem to bear them out.  Racism is NOT "favoritng" but feeling one race is superior. 

 

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist More


 The definition of favor is to "feel or show approval or preference for."  That's what the KKK does in regard to the white race and it's what BLM does in regard to the black race. Nowhere is that more clear than when BLM supporters claim it is wrong to say all lives matter instead of black lives matter.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
179
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
178
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

178 Views
Message 115 of 230

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:
__________________________________________________________________________
Corb ......
The 'Dixiecrats' were formed by racists within the Democratic Party, splitting from the Democratic Party (in 1948), trying to start a viable third Party of their own. It simply didn't work, they didn't have enough numbers, and they dissolved later. Those Dixiecrat members returned to the Democratic Party. The  (racist) Democrats in those Southern (Dixiecrat) States left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act passed during Johnson's Presidency. It was Johnson (Democrat) who pushed through the Civil Rights Act, he did not simply sign it. The House vote had a majority of both Democrats and Republicans vote yes on the Senate revised bill. Dems, 152 yes, 91 no ........ Repub 136 yes, 35 no.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/government-politics/dixiecrats
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

More spin. First, you and your referenced articles don't say anything I haven't already said. You repeated the numbers I posted for ONE VOTE which shows a much larger percentage of democrats were against civil rights. Here's one of the other sets of numbers I posted, this one for a Senate vote: Dems, 29 yes, 18 no; Repub 43 yes, 0 no. And while the democrat spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies say the republicans are racists, what do those votes say? WHAT DO THE ACTUAL FACTS SAY? They say the democrats are the ones who are actually the racists. By the way, the spin you used that was most laughable was that Johnson pushed the 1964 Civil Rights Act through. It is correct that without Johnson, the Act would have never been passed. What makes it spin is to use that fact as evidence that republicans are racists. The "pushing" he did was on his own party. To Johnson's credit, if it hadn't been for him more democrats would have voted against the act. Besides, THINK! When has a democrat president ever "pushed" republicans into voting for something they didn't want.

 

Let's try again: What.......... have..........democrats.........DONE........ to......... advance........... civil............. rights?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
178
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
182
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

182 Views
Message 116 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

Chas wrote, "

The stats were about many things besides education rk. You did post what I said you posted ............  "No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis".     When you said this, you didn't designate just educational statistics, you were speaking of all of them. Those stats (which the stats on education are only a small part of) speak for their self, you simply try to "interpret" them to suit your own opinion. Your "interpretation" is erroneous according to those who collected the statistics.

I believe the same thing that those who gathered the statistics believe, that racial discrimination against blacks exists and is proven by the statistics that were posted. Since you now single out only those educational statistics ......... does that mean that you now agree that the statistics show racist discrimination against blacks in all of the other areas??

____________________________________________________

 

All statistics require analysis and interpretation, the education example was just that - an example. But I do not get your point - do you not think that interpretation is needed?

 

If stats show some sort an imbalance in outcome, obviously something should be done. But I believe that to determine what the appropriate "something" is, analysis is required.

 

 

 


Every analysis of the statistics I have seen leads to the conclusion that this is a "class" of people who have been discriminated against by government and private institutions since the Civil War. What analysis have you read on the subject that says otherwise and what conclusion did they draw?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
182
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

181 Views
Message 117 of 230

Chas wrote, "

The stats were about many things besides education rk. You did post what I said you posted ............  "No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis".     When you said this, you didn't designate just educational statistics, you were speaking of all of them. Those stats (which the stats on education are only a small part of) speak for their self, you simply try to "interpret" them to suit your own opinion. Your "interpretation" is erroneous according to those who collected the statistics.

I believe the same thing that those who gathered the statistics believe, that racial discrimination against blacks exists and is proven by the statistics that were posted. Since you now single out only those educational statistics ......... does that mean that you now agree that the statistics show racist discrimination against blacks in all of the other areas??

____________________________________________________

 

All statistics require analysis and interpretation, the education example was just that - an example. But I do not get your point - do you not think that interpretation is needed?

 

If stats show some sort an imbalance in outcome, obviously something should be done. But I believe that to determine what the appropriate "something" is, analysis is required.

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
184
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

184 Views
Message 118 of 230

@cat2015 wrote:

Rk, you obviously feel intensely aggrieved by the very existence of Black Lives Matter.

You constantly post that sort of thing. However, you mind reading abilities are sorely lacking.

The founders have no intention of insulting you or minimizing the value of your life.

Again your seemingly never ending need to read minds and personalize topics.

Those posters who support the movement have no "white guilt" and no need to explain their motives to you. I've been a long-time supporter of civil rights for all people--African Americans, women, LGBT, etc. As a woman, I may be better able to empathize than you, but it has nothing to do with guilt.

A good point. I too am a supporter of civil rights for all people. Note: "people", not any particular classification, just "people".

 

I do view your very obvious anger about BLM

More mind reading.

as a backlash against the fight for racial justice. Your constant quibbling about the name is clearly not a serious issue,

It certainly is. Again, I support the rights of "people", all people not one category or the other.

so you're not comfortable with admitting that what you really object to is taking these deaths seriously and reforming police departments.

Mind reading again.

 

cat, it might move the conversation along if you could concern yourself with what you think, not trying to assign thoughts to others.

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
184
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
194
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

194 Views
Message 119 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

To the topic..

You might be a rascist if..

You cant state Black Lives Matter withut a qualifier.

 


Racists, by definition, favor one race over another.  So just like the KKK favoring the white race is racist, it is also racist for BLM to favor the black race.  So in reality, it's the people who are saying black live matter who are the racists.


Once again, you are making up your own definitions. The definition is below.  I agree, based on the actual definition, that the KKK is racist.  I disagree that BLM is.  BLM does not feel the black race is superior but that it has been treated poorly in the United States. Statistics on dropout rates, drug abuse, incarceration, and violent interactions with police would seem to bear them out.  Racism is NOT "favoritng" but feeling one race is superior. 

 

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist More

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
194
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

202 Views
Message 120 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
Chas wrote, "Offer your interpretation (spin) of the statistics all you want, it doesn't change what they clearly show. They don't need your "interpretation" (spin), they speak very clearly for their self".

 

No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis.


rk9152, your wrote in another post :  "I have seen no one discounting the statistics".     Do you actually read your own postings?  Evidently not. You post something like I just quoted yet later you offer your bogus "interpretations of the statistics".  That in itself is discounting the statistics.

 

The statistics were accumulated by expert researchers to show validation that racial discrimination exists against blacks. The statistical data clearly proves that to anyone not racially biased their self.  Data doesn't lie.  Pardon me, but I will listen to proven experts instead of your biased opinions.


Chas - please read what you are responding to. I have not questioned the stats, I have questioned the interpretations made by some on these boards.

 

Once again - the stats show that black kids are disproportionately suspended for disruption in class. Can't question that, the numbers are the numbers. But a) what do those numbers mean as to conditions in the classroom and b) what is the solution?

 

That is where the discussion begins.

 

Or, you can post stuff like, "Do you actually read your own postings?  Evidently not. You post something like I just quoted yet later you offer your bogus "interpretations of the statistics".


The stats were about many things besides education rk. You did post what I said you posted ............  "No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis".     When you said this, you didn't designate just educational statistics, you were speaking of all of them. Those stats (which the stats on education are only a small part of) speak for their self, you simply try to "interpret" them to suit your own opinion. Your "interpretation" is erroneous according to those who collected the statistics.

I believe the same thing that those who gathered the statistics believe, that racial discrimination against blacks exists and is proven by the statistics that were posted. Since you now single out only those educational statistics ......... does that mean that you now agree that the statistics show racist discrimination against blacks in all of the other areas?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views