From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
182
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

182 Views
Message 121 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:
__________________________________________________________________________
Corb ......
The 'Dixiecrats' were formed by racists within the Democratic Party, splitting from the Democratic Party (in 1948), trying to start a viable third Party of their own. It simply didn't work, they didn't have enough numbers, and they dissolved later. Those Dixiecrat members returned to the Democratic Party. The  (racist) Democrats in those Southern (Dixiecrat) States left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act passed during Johnson's Presidency. It was Johnson (Democrat) who pushed through the Civil Rights Act, he did not simply sign it. The House vote had a majority of both Democrats and Republicans vote yes on the Senate revised bill. Dems, 152 yes, 91 no ........ Repub 136 yes, 35 no.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/government-politics/dixiecrats
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182
 

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
182
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
199
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

199 Views
Message 122 of 230

Rk, once again you raise a straw man argument. I would never argue that statistics don't have to be analyzed. On the contrary, all statistical research is heavily analyzed by experts in the field--not by you or me. The experts have concluded that these results point to an uneven playing field. Do you understand?

 

I'm not going to recommend any books for you. I realize that you don't particularly like to read about these things, and I've only ever made suggestions when you bring up subjects that you claim interest in. I understand that you're not particularly interested in statistics.

 

You thought you scored a point when you said that the greater proportion of black students suspended from school might have deserved suspension because of their behavior. Again, you're being simplistic. As with white students, I'm sure that sometimes it's behavior. What researchers are saying is that often it is a teacher's different perception of the same behavior when it involves a black student.

 

What you really seem to believe is that blacks deserve to be punished more often than whites because of their own shortcomings. You've always defended the police shootings too, so you're consistent. You're not color-blind, as you claim. You yourself perceive people differently based on the color of their skin.

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
199
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

202 Views
Message 123 of 230

Rk, you obviously feel intensely aggrieved by the very existence of Black Lives Matter. It's a social protest movement arising out of the recent killings of unarmed black men and women by police--hence the name. The founders have no intention of insulting you or minimizing the value of your life. Those posters who support the movement have no "white guilt" and no need to explain their motives to you. I've been a long-time supporter of civil rights for all people--African Americans, women, LGBT, etc. As a woman, I may be better able to empathize than you, but it has nothing to do with guilt.

 

I do view your very obvious anger about BLM as a backlash against the fight for racial justice. Your constant quibbling about the name is clearly not a serious issue, so you're not comfortable with admitting that what you really object to is taking these deaths seriously and reforming police departments.

 

It's white backlash. We saw it after the civil rights movement in the '60s.

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

202 Views
Message 124 of 230

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
Chas wrote, "Offer your interpretation (spin) of the statistics all you want, it doesn't change what they clearly show. They don't need your "interpretation" (spin), they speak very clearly for their self".

 

No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis.


rk9152, your wrote in another post :  "I have seen no one discounting the statistics".     Do you actually read your own postings?  Evidently not. You post something like I just quoted yet later you offer your bogus "interpretations of the statistics".  That in itself is discounting the statistics.

 

The statistics were accumulated by expert researchers to show validation that racial discrimination exists against blacks. The statistical data clearly proves that to anyone not racially biased their self.  Data doesn't lie.  Pardon me, but I will listen to proven experts instead of your biased opinions.


Chas - please read what you are responding to. I have not questioned the stats, I have questioned the interpretations made by some on these boards.

 

Once again - the stats show that black kids are disproportionately suspended for disruption in class. Can't question that, the numbers are the numbers. But a) what do those numbers mean as to conditions in the classroom and b) what is the solution?

 

That is where the discussion begins.

 

Or, you can post stuff like, "Do you actually read your own postings?  Evidently not. You post something like I just quoted yet later you offer your bogus "interpretations of the statistics".

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
215
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

215 Views
Message 125 of 230

@corb0505 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"All lives matter is accurate.  We just need to remind some people that Black Lives Matter."

 

Rich - what does that mean, are black people not people?? Sound a bit racist to me.

 

Sorry, I am just more for inclusion while others seem to be more interested in division.


"More inclusion' would  imply that you want to work to develop an equal playing field.  The fact that blacks are NOT having the same experience in America leads us to believe the playing field is hardly equal.  Statistics should be a bell shaped curve for everyone. The following seems to indicate there are forces at work that discount the theory that Black Lives Matter. 

 

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped. Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism .
After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.


Where did you get your stats, from some far left rag or sharpton?  They are meaningless and wrong.  Here's why:

 

First of all, some of the numbers do not compute.  Second, stop and frisks had reasons behind them, they were not just random.  Whether or not someone is detained while awaiting trial is normally dependent upon ability to pay.  Like just about everything in our legal system, it has to do with money not race.  Sentencing stats are also wrong because they too depend upon money.   Almost every case is settled through a plea bargin.  And who gets the best deal depends upon who has the money for the best lawyer.  In addition, two people who were sentenced for class C felonies might get vastly different sentences because one of them actually committed a class A felony that was bargined down to class C.

 

Statistics are only as good as the numbers they are based on and in the categories you're talking about there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to omany things that can skew the numbers.


So the last phrase of the Pledge of Allegiance should be reworded so one would more truthfully say, "and liberty and justice for sale"...

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
215
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
219
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

219 Views
Message 126 of 230

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"All lives matter is accurate.  We just need to remind some people that Black Lives Matter."

 

Rich - what does that mean, are black people not people?? Sound a bit racist to me.

 

Sorry, I am just more for inclusion while others seem to be more interested in division.


"More inclusion' would  imply that you want to work to develop an equal playing field.  The fact that blacks are NOT having the same experience in America leads us to believe the playing field is hardly equal.  Statistics should be a bell shaped curve for everyone. The following seems to indicate there are forces at work that discount the theory that Black Lives Matter. 

 

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped. Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community. Sign up for Mic Check Racism .
After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.


Where did you get your stats, from some far left rag or sharpton?  They are meaningless and wrong.  Here's why:

 

First of all, some of the numbers do not compute.  Second, stop and frisks had reasons behind them, they were not just random.  Whether or not someone is detained while awaiting trial is normally dependent upon ability to pay.  Like just about everything in our legal system, it has to do with money not race.  Sentencing stats are also wrong because they too depend upon money.   Almost every case is settled through a plea bargin.  And who gets the best deal depends upon who has the money for the best lawyer.  In addition, two people who were sentenced for class C felonies might get vastly different sentences because one of them actually committed a class A felony that was bargined down to class C.

 

Statistics are only as good as the numbers they are based on and in the categories you're talking about there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to omany things that can skew the numbers.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
219
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
222
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

222 Views
Message 127 of 230

@MIseker wrote:

To the topic..

You might be a rascist if..

You cant state Black Lives Matter withut a qualifier.

 


Racists, by definition, favor one race over another.  So just like the KKK favoring the white race is racist, it is also racist for BLM to favor the black race.  So in reality, it's the people who are saying black live matter who are the racists.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
222
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
221
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

221 Views
Message 128 of 230

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:
Only the factually challenged do not know that when the Democrats voted against the Civil Right Act it was the racist Southern Dixiecrats that voted overwhelmingly against it (historical fact). Only the factually challenged would not also know that after the Civil Rights Act was passed, those racist Southern Dixiecrats left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party (the southern states then became predominately Republican (historical fact), forever changing the Republican Party to the racist Party it is today.

So, if I understand you correctly, your "facts" are that the three greatest things done to push civil rights, which were done by the republican party, don't count because the republican party has since been pulloted with democrats. That's nice. Now, if we can get back to the actual discussion?

I asked:

Can you provide FACTS about what the parties did that show the democrats did more to support civil rights than the republicans did? 

And as I said:

By the way, with just the three FACTS I've already posted, the three greatest civil rights accomplishments which were done by the republican party, you're losing 3-0.  And I'm not even considering the magnitude of those acts.


Once again;

Only the factually challenged do not know that when the Democrats voted against the Civil Right Act it was the racist Southern Dixiecrats that voted overwhelmingly against it (historical fact). Only the factually challenged would not also know that after the Civil Rights Act was passed, those racist Southern Dixiecrats left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party (the southern states then became predominately Republican (historical fact), forever changing the Republican Party to the racist Party it is today.  (the racists, called 'Dixiecrats' left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party)

 

You do acknowledge that what I said is historically correct, don't you? Of course, you not acknowledging it doesn't change the truth.


Sorry I'm just getting back to this.  I've been out of town without internet access.

 

First, this thread started about the spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies used by the left wing, especially when it comes to their use of political correctness.  And yet, that's EXACTLY what you're doing here to deny the truth.  A comment was made about the republican party being racist.  Since that's not true and nothing more than left wing spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies, I listed a some things republicans have done to advance civil rights and asked what democrats have done.  So far, the only answer I got is the above which does not list ONE SINGLE THING DEMOCRATS HAVE DONE.  Let me ask a little slower to see if you can understand.   What.......... have..........democrats.........DONE........ to......... advance........... civil............. rights? 

 

To be quite frank, I don't expect an answer because the democrats have done little to nothing as a party to help civil rights.  Instead, they sit back and try to hide the fact they have done next to nothing, especially compared to republicans, by claiming republicans are racists, which is exactly what you're doing because you are apparently unable to point to anything dems have done.

 

By the way, even what you say above is no more than typical left wing spin and lies democrats have been using for years.  And you provided no facts.  Hint:  Your saying it's an historical fact doesn't make it one. So if you can provide any actual FACTS, feel free to do so, about either what you said above or what democrats have actually done. Frankly, I doubt that you could even if they existed, but give it a shot.  Maybe you'll learn something.

 

Once you do that and I get tired of laughing I'll be happy to address your points.  Hell, I'll even give you a preview.  First here is the orgin of Dixiecrats, which is not what you say:

 

Dix·ie·crat:
any of the Southern Democrats who seceded from the party in 1948 in opposition to its policy of extending civil rights.
 
 
Second, the Dixiecrats went back to the democrat party.  THINK for a change.  Would anybody, even idiotic democrats, decide to join the party pushing civil rights because they are opposed to civil rights?  They used the threat as leverage and then went back to their party.  I know that's not according to left wing spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies, but it's what the history books say.
 
Third, the "southern strategy" was a myth that started with a misprint in the NY Times.
 
 
Be that as it may, show me what you got.  Can you come up with ANYTHING democrats have done to advance civil rights? 
ANYTHING. Any legislation?  ANYTHING?

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
221
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
229
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

229 Views
Message 129 of 230

@rk9152 wrote:
Chas wrote, "Offer your interpretation (spin) of the statistics all you want, it doesn't change what they clearly show. They don't need your "interpretation" (spin), they speak very clearly for their self".

 

No, statistics do not "speak for themselves". They require careful and thoughtful analysis.


rk9152, your wrote in another post :  "I have seen no one discounting the statistics".     Do you actually read your own postings?  Evidently not. You post something like I just quoted yet later you offer your bogus "interpretations of the statistics".  That in itself is discounting the statistics.

 

The statistics were accumulated by expert researchers to show validation that racial discrimination exists against blacks. The statistical data clearly proves that to anyone not racially biased their self.  Data doesn't lie.  Pardon me, but I will listen to proven experts instead of your biased opinions.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
229
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
234
Views

Re: YOU MUST BE A RACIST IF....

234 Views
Message 130 of 230

@cat2015 wrote:

If you understand how statistics work, rk, why are you making these foolish arguments? Richva is correct. When an entire ethnic group has results like the ones found in these studies--but only in the United States, not in other countries--then something is wrong.

 

You're expressing the kind of denial that many Americans still harbor about racial bias.

......and....

It's pretty clear that you don't understand statistics. Possibly you could recommend an old, old tome, Teacher.

 

Speaking of "foolish arguments" how about your theory that stats do not need to be analysed and interpreted? 

 _______________________________________________________________

 

Rk, I'm sure you're not conscious of your bias, but this post is pretty bigoted.

 

First, there are no "anti-white bigots" up here. The posters ARE white, and they're not interpreting the statistics--social scientists are. Are you questioning the researchers' interpretation? I don't know where "up here" is but on these boards there are posters who constantly accuse others (those "rednecks", dontcha know) of racism simply because they will not accept the "white guilt" concept.

 

White grievance isn't pretty. Nor "white guilt" Nobody is threatening you. Please point out where I stated anything like that. Nobody is trying to take anything away from you. Please point out where I stated anything like that. (trolling again?) Posters are simply trying to get you to understand, if not empathize, with people whose lives are more difficult than yours. I'm all for that but the racism used by such posters is not needed for such empathy. Why can't you admit that the so-called playing field isn't even? I would think that much would be obvious. Why are you not willing to go beyond "mea culpa" to analyze reality and try to find answers? Would you rather just praise yourself and condemn others?

 

I believe my example of school suspensions was a good example - and was totally ignored. I guess guilt and theory is more fun than practicality.

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
234
Views