Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: YOU GO GIRL !

Message 41 of 50

@alferdpackerwrote:

@TemperMental67wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

Yeah, I know it's frivolous to want an American to win Miss Universe, but no more than wanting an American to win a marathon.  And, unlike Desiree Linden, Carrie Prejean has aesthetic value to heterosexual men and not selfish Perez Hilton.  

Wow, what a grossly sexist and misogynistic post.  Defining a woman’s value by her appeal to men. Unbelievable.

Not at all unbelievable when one considers the makeup of the XY portion of right wingnuts - there are males - but almost never anything even vaguely resembling a real man.

The frequent use of indirect snark is a feminine trait called "catty."  See

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/compassion-matters/201211/why-do-women-act-catty

AARP promotes such effeminate behavior in its male forum members by banning real men who prefer to use direct snark.  See, I can be feminine too.

Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 50

@TemperMental67wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

Yeah, I know it's frivolous to want an American to win Miss Universe, but no more than wanting an American to win a marathon.  And, unlike Desiree Linden, Carrie Prejean has aesthetic value to heterosexual men and not selfish Perez Hilton.  

Wow, what a grossly sexist and misogynistic post.  Defining a woman’s value by her appeal to men. Unbelievable.

Spoken like a woman.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 50

@TemperMental67wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

Not at all unbelievable when one considers the makeup of the XY portion of right wingnuts - there are males - but almost never anything even vaguely resembling a real man.

trump followers and supporters are this century's Quislings
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 50

@aruzinskywrote:

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 50

Where was liberal patriotism in 2009, when the most beautiful Miss USA contestant, Carrie Prejean, lost because a gay judge, Perez Hilton, didn't like her honest answer to his question about whether she believed every U.S. state should legalize same-sex marriage?   

At the time, Miss USA hadn't won the Miss Universe contest in 12 years.  There is no doubt in my mind that, had Carrie Prejean won Miss USA, she would have won Miss Universe because it is a beauty contest.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_Prejean#Miss_USA_2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miss_Universe_titleholders

Message 46 of 50

The Boston Marathon Had Two Shocking Winners

In 2011 the 34-year-old Desi Linden finished an agonizing second place, missing a win in the women's division by just two seconds, and has finished fourth among the women twice since then. She was seventh at the Olympic marathon in 2016.
She won this years Boston Marathon running in the brutal rain and headwinds.

Her time was 2 hours and 39 minutes.

Yuki Kawauchi of Japan won this year's Boston Marathon men's division in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

He’s a government employee in Japan who doesn’t run professionally and has a full-time job.
In January, Kawauchi ran a 2:18:59 marathon in Marshfield, Massachusetts in one-degree weather.

He was the only finisher.

http://time.com/5241721/desiree-linden-boston-marathon-2018/

Message 47 of 50

@afisherwrote:

One would consider that all the "maga" and amerika first gang would be all hands on deck celebrating this win.    One wonders if it was because it was a woman who won .    She deserved a high 5 and congrats.    

I agreed with the poster by giving a kudo.  So what are we supposed to do?  Do a liberal happy dance? 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 50

"amerika"??? Just have to introduce negativity into everything, dontcha?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 50

One would consider that all the "maga" and amerika first gang would be all hands on deck celebrating this win.    One wonders if it was because it was a woman who won .    She deserved a high 5 and congrats.    

Highlighted