Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

Message 71 of 121

During biblical times Jewish peoples went to war and total war was normal.   Everyone was killed.  Men, Women and children.  After the slaughter there was a special cleansing process which was not only physical but psychological that took place which the combatants would return to normal everyday life again with no guilt or thoughts of what they did.  Weapons were taken away and never used unless there was another war.  Dummy weapons were used for practice.  To the contrary we program our young men to kill in the military with no thought of how to deprogram them when out of the military.  "Once a marine ALWAYS a marine"  takes on a new meaning when we have a gun culture as we do in this country.  There is no glory in killing either in war or peace time.  Most but not all medal of honor winners were credited with saving their fellow soldiers rather than killing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 121

@MIsekerwrote:

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.                                                         I've never heard of people being killed by gunfire when there is no gun around either.

The gun didn't travel on its own...it required a person to carry it there.  Comments like yours are very illogical and just grasping for excuses.  It is the person who is responsible and comes back to a question of mental health.  That seems to be a problem in today's society.

Wanting to restrict the rights of others as a knee-jerk reaction also seems to be a problem as we see here.  One person out of millions do something like in Florida and a certain element want to punish the entire nation.  No common sense among liberals who sees this as an opportunity to dictate to others. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

It is NOT a mental health issue. It's a GUN issue.

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.                                                         I've never heard of people being killed by gunfire when there is no gun around either.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 121

DUPLICATE POSTING

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Hmm are you saying anyone who wants to buy a gun should have their head examined?  I would agree. 

No doubt you would.  I would feel the same about anyone who wanted to ban sportsmen, etc from owning guns.  But there are always those who would impose their will on others, much like creeping dictatorship.

Yes you are correct and that is what the far right is doing with Trump as its leader.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR menatlly (sic) healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

To the contrary, guns aren't the only weapon that can be used for mass killings.  There are other ways of mass destruction...explosives (pipe bombs); even using machetes in crowded venues; and there are other methods such as vehicles plowing into a crowd.

But a gun doesn't just shoot itself without someone pulling the trigger.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR menatlly healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 121

Curious, it was per the request- of Donald that the VA has stepped up to increase the Mental Health evals of veterans.     (this includes many vets who were given less than honorable discharges due to PTSD like behavior.   Those individuals were just- kicked to the curb and left- to fend for themselves and many of them became homeless and never received any treatment. 

Are the Vets here complaining against- their own?     

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 121

@Richvawrote:

Hmm are you saying anyone who wants to buy a gun should have their head examined?  I would agree. 

No doubt you would.  I would feel the same about anyone who wanted to ban sportsmen, etc from owning guns.  But there are always those who would impose their will on others, much like creeping dictatorship.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 121

@rker321wrote:

There is no doubt that mental issues do play in all of these episodes, no matter who is the one that produces them.

Your mistaken, rker.  As much as gun advocates tried, the Las Vegas shooter, the perpetrator of the greatest massacre in US history, was NOT found to be mentally ill.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views