Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

Message 41 of 121

@Richvawrote:

I will fight for my family beyond my last breath and I am sorry for yours that you do not feel the same.  

Perhaps you are not aware that I could have used both in the past?  Perhaps not now that I'm a lot older.  My preference now is a taser gun and taser baton.  Both is meant to disable and the baton keeps them that way until authorities can arrive.  At one time I kept an ultra sharp machete for protection, but the taser products is less strenuous. 

But I'm sure that you would be at a disadvantage going after someone with a decent knife.  There appears to be a lot of bravado on your part since I would believe that if someone held a knife on the throat of a family member you wouldn't do anything, nor can you say what you would do in any particular situation.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Richvawrote:

I am telling all cowards now that if a man comes into my home with a knife, I will fight him to the death and my family will get away.

You think so?  Someone grabs your wife or one of your children/grandchildren; holds a knife to their throat and you're going to fight him?   A person comes at you with a gun and you're going to resist?  No kidding, you're going to delay him?  

I will fight for my family beyond my last breath and I am sorry for yours that you do not feel the same.  

The point was that I have options if I am fighting a man with a knife and very few if I am facing a gun. I would take the odds on three young, healthy women over one maniac with a knife.  Give the maniac a gun and he can, and did, kill all three before they can respond. 

Please do not pretend that you have never seen a gun in use because that is the only way you could possibly claim the crazed veteran could have controlled the women without one. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 121

@nctarheelwrote:

Would you call most 18, 19, and 20 year olds responsible?

Would you call someone who is continually posting to another with frivolous questioning responsible?  Especially with questions that has no bearing on the topic?

But, yes I have seen young people who are very responsible and have served their country.  Even handling automatic and semi-automatic weapons.  A difference from someone who keeps after another to answer personal questions that are not pertinent to a discussion, completely off the topic of the thread nor any of the questioners business.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 121

@nctarheelwrote:

First and foremost, who you may or may not support became public domain once you clearly announced it in the thread

Ok, who one supported in a primary or even a specific election ends when that election ends.  I have the option to change accordingly when the candidate is no longer running for an office.  At the present I am non-committal as to politicians.

As far as my mentioning it in this thread, to the contrary, it is you who have continually mentioned it in an attempt to tell me what I believe.  There should be no doubt based on your past posts as to where your beliefs are.

And further, I have the option that whatever or whoever I support or follow is my personal business since I haven't been committal about anyone. 

Even further, you are way off-topic, and even on your own thread, and continue attempting to delve into what is a personal and private opinion.  I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit along these lines are personal and that you do so in an attempt to bait and instigate into attacking another poster.

Good day..

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

And who I may or may not support is my personal business and I choose not to discuss it on an opiniated discussion site.

Further I have no objections to the RESPONSIBLE ownership of semi-automatic firearms or legal firearms of anytype.  I do object to those who are intent on infringing on the rights of those RESPONSIBLE owners.

First and foremost, who you may or may not support became public domain once you clearly announced it in the thread, post, date, and time I referenced. It was your post.

Thank you for clearing up that your position has changed to more of an NRA stance.

A couple of final questions and I'll drop the subject.... do you believe that 18, 19, and 20 year olds should be able to buy semi-automatic weapons even though they have to wait to age 21 to buy a handgun?

Would you call most 18, 19, and 20 year olds responsible?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 121

@nctarheelwrote:

It seems that you have been on "both sides of the fence" on gun control.

Do you believe that access to semi-automatic weapons should continue?

First, Jill Stein is not the topic of this thread, that incidentally you started, yet going off topic of your own thread.  My political opinion has nothing to do with the topic.  And who I may or may not support is my personal business and I choose not to discuss it on an opiniated discussion site.  Suggest you are continuing that line for baiting and attacking purposes.

As for my opinion of gun control, I have stated my opinion already and I do not believe in it.  Just because I don't own firearms has nothing to do with others owning them.  Further I have no objections to the RESPONSIBLE ownership of semi-automatic firearms or legal firearms of anytype.  I do object to those who are intent on infringing on the rights of those RESPONSIBLE owners.

I would question the ownership by some liberals here who's responsibility would be in doubt.  Especially someone who keeps after another poster with frivolous questioning along the same lines over and over...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 121

@Richvawrote:

I am telling all cowards now that if a man comes into my home with a knife, I will fight him to the death and my family will get away.

You think so?  Someone grabs your wife or one of your children/grandchildren; holds a knife to their throat and you're going to fight him?   A person comes at you with a gun and you're going to resist?  No kidding, you're going to delay him?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Of course you keep bringing up a candidate who I considered in the last elections.

As far as Jill Stein she comes across much as a kook, probably because of her background.  

I don't understand how, not too long ago, you were a solid supporter of JILL STEIN, an advocate for gun control and now, you are calling her a kook.

Were you confused as to JILL STEIN'S planks on gun control back then?

Were you confused as to JILL STEIN'S placement on the political spectrum?

It was YOUR WORDS that I put in my post that made it very, very ,very clear that you were a staunch supporter of JILL STEIN and her gun control planks. You weren't just considering her; you were clearly FOR HER ELECTION as President.

It is on topic because this thread is about mass shootings, and thus, access to guns.

It seems that you have been on "both sides of the fence" on gun control.

Do you believe that access to semi-automatic weapons should continue?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Richvawrote:

If a guy threatened your family with a knife, would you be able to fight back?

Put yourself in the place of the perpetrator.  Would he stand in front of the family brandishing a knife  or would he grab someone he could control and hold the knife threatening to harm them?

How did Speck control those women.  I believe if I remember correctly, he caught each one as they came into the apartment, secured them, then repeated with another.

The gun nuts in this country always love to point out the ONE TIME having a gun made a difference.  Two shopkeepers have a shootout with a criminal. Richard Speck kills nurses with a knife instead of a gun. 

If he comes with a gun, he will shoot me dead and I pray I delay him long enough. 

But, if he comes with a knife, I will have a chance to get him first.  STOP ARMING CRIMINALS IN AMERICA. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 121

@Richvawrote:

If a guy threatened your family with a knife, would you be able to fight back?

Put yourself in the place of the perpetrator.  Would he stand in front of the family brandishing a knife  or would he grab someone he could control and hold the knife threatening to harm them?

How did Speck control those women.  I believe if I remember correctly, he caught each one as they came into the apartment, secured them, then repeated with another.

Kudos
Views