Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
348
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

348 Views
Message 91 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:



The fact the guns may have been OBTAINED illegally is immaterial.


Did I mention anything about obtaining guns illegally?  I did say that his being a veteran or his military service had anything to do with his killing or even being prone to do so. 

 

His military speciality was in logistical support which has nothing to do with use firearms.  Further being in the Air Force would mean that his duties had nothing directly to do with combat nor combat training unless he was a member of a combat related team. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
348
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
331
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

331 Views
Message 92 of 121

@nctarheel wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

 

Yea, you're right. What a better place to live, if we never had or now have any veterans. We can only dream..


Once again, you create an ALTERNATE REALITY by distorting what was said.

 

The present administration processes REALITY in the same manner.


thats all he has. think abut all of his posts.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
331
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
330
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

330 Views
Message 93 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course the shooter was a veteran.....BUT, he was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force.

 

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-alleged-texas-shoo...

 

"The man authorities have identified as the shooter in the massacre at a Texas church was given a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force three years ago after being court-martialed for assault, a military spokesperson confirmed Sunday.

 

"Federal law prohibits a person who has been dishonorably discharged from buying a firearm.

Whether Kelley's discharge would trigger the law was not immediately clear."

 

Further, the man's assignment in the Air Force was in logistics and had no relation to any combat arms. 


The fact the guns may have been OBTAINED illegally is immaterial. History has given us irrefutable proof you cannot keep legal weapons out of the hands of even the most "restricted" people wanting to have the gun.

 

We must make the KIND of guns AND "attachments" that facilitate mass murder ILLEGAL.

Just like drugs (that are illegal), they will come to meet the demand.

 

The KIND of gun is one that can fire repeatedly simply by pulling the trigger. Two such "attachments" are the "bump-stocks" and high capacity (more than 7 rounds) clips.


You can pass all the laws you want BUT people that are hell bent on creating mayhem will find the guns, will find the way, and create it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
330
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
329
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

329 Views
Message 94 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The shooter was dishonorably discharged from the service which makes him ineligible to purchase a gun (could never pass the background check). Did the system fall apart for some other reason? Will new laws cause the same situation?

 

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2010/09/dishonorable-discharge-and-nfa.html

 

Correction - he received a "bad conduct discharge" which makes him eligible to possess guns??????????????????????????????

 


Yep. A BCD is NOT a dishonorable discharge, it's and a separation under "other than honorable conditions". Even if it was a DD, does anyone really think the law against such people owning a weapon works to keep them away from weapons?

I really don't think so. Mentally deranged people or terrorists don't care about laws!

Do you also think having your license revoked keeps people from driving?

I really don't think so. Mentally deranged people or terrorists don't care about laws!

How about the protection aforded by a "restraining ORDER"?

Same answer!


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
329
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
317
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

317 Views
Message 95 of 121

@GailL1 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Our Federal Government needs to fund some type of action to address this issue.

 

Why just veterans?

 

Why not address mental health for everyone?

  

 

 


Exactly what would that be?

 

Do you think they would seek help on their own?

If not, who would identify a problem and get them to a mental health professional?   

Currently, the Courts are the only place where people can be forced to get treatment - adjudicated.

Could you identify a person that might need mental health care?

Would you go the limit to prove what you think?

 

Even people very close to them sometimes don't see or deny there is a problem - sometimes a severe problem that could endanger themselves or others.

 

 

 


It's NOT a mental health issue. It's a GUN issue. Most of the mass murderers kill as a "first offence". The fact they kill 26+ at a time is ENTIRELY due to the guns they can get - semi-automatic with high capacity clips/magazines. Ban the instrument of their mass killing, you'll still have crazies with guns, but far far fewer victims.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
317
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
311
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

311 Views
Message 96 of 121

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The shooter was dishonorably discharged from the service which makes him ineligible to purchase a gun (could never pass the background check). Did the system fall apart for some other reason? Will new laws cause the same situation?

 

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2010/09/dishonorable-discharge-and-nfa.html

 

Correction - he received a "bad conduct discharge" which makes him eligible to possess guns??????????????????????????????

 


Yep. A BCD is NOT a dishonorable discharge, it's and a separation under "other than honorable conditions". Even if it was a DD, does anyone really think the law against such people owning a weapon works to keep them away from weapons? Do you also think having your license revoked keeps people from driving? How about the protection aforded by a "restraining ORDER"?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
311
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
292
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

292 Views
Message 97 of 121

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course the shooter was a veteran.....BUT, he was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force.

 

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-alleged-texas-shoo...

 

"The man authorities have identified as the shooter in the massacre at a Texas church was given a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force three years ago after being court-martialed for assault, a military spokesperson confirmed Sunday.

 

"Federal law prohibits a person who has been dishonorably discharged from buying a firearm.

Whether Kelley's discharge would trigger the law was not immediately clear."

 

Further, the man's assignment in the Air Force was in logistics and had no relation to any combat arms. 


The fact the guns may have been OBTAINED illegally is immaterial. History has given us irrefutable proof you cannot keep legal weapons out of the hands of even the most "restricted" people wanting to have the gun.

 

We must make the KIND of guns AND "attachments" that facilitate mass murder ILLEGAL.

 

The KIND of gun is one that can fire repeatedly simply by pulling the trigger. Two such "attachments" are the "bump-stocks" and high capacity (more than 7 rounds) clips.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
292
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
290
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

290 Views
Message 98 of 121

@gruffstuff—Spot on in your comments! SPOT ON!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
290
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
274
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

274 Views
Message 99 of 121

@fangoh45 wrote:

 

Yea, you're right. What a better place to live, if we never had or now have any veterans. We can only dream..


Once again, you create an ALTERNATE REALITY by distorting what was said.

 

The present administration processes REALITY in the same manner.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
274
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
273
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

273 Views
Message 100 of 121

@fangoh45 wrote:

 

Nice to be able to dispute any and all info (facts) that don't fall into your playbook. How bout such fake news sites as CNN, NBC, etc..?

Defending BRIETBART and calling NBC a purveyor of FAKE NEWS. It is truly unbelievable.

 

There are no words to describe how some in the general population have taken TRUMP'S  words and created a new reality.

 

I bet you think the mass shootings are because people are crazier now than they were 60 years ago.

 

I bet the mass deaths have nothing to do with the ability to deliver ordinance at a rate unheard of 60 years ago.

 

If you listen to TRUMP; you do believe the last two statements.

 

One can now recognize how the GERMANS were hypnotized by HITLER into blindly following him for years.

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
273
Views