Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

Message 1 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

But so you are furnishing meals as a band-aid....what are you doing to help them lift themselves up to become successful members of society?

Sorry you were in the hospital, snowflake and thank your dad and nephew for their service.  How long have they been homeless or were you just bringing them into the conversation as a kind of my-dad-can-beat-your-grill kind of thing?

We are working to keep the Trump administration from cutting them from their benefits. Not just veteran's benefits but those any member of our society should have if they need a safety net. We put in place health insurance for the entire nation and subsidies for people like the homeless vets.  Our County Democrats for Homeless Veterans group put together "Backpacks for Vets" last year and then used the contact information we gathered when we distributed to follow up with them to help them get their portion of the services the Republicans are shrinking. We tried to get some of them into different rehab programs but those were axed by our Republcian governor after she cut taxes for the wealth. Sound familiar?  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 121

@Richvawrote:

How did you spend YOUR weekend? 

Spending time recuperating from being in the hospital (yes I used my laptop while there), and this past week visiting my nephew who is suffering from Agent Orange exposed while on a naval supply ship putting into the Mekong Delta.  He is approaching a terminal stage.

But still there is the question of why only a fraction of veterans become homeless and not a greater majority?  Is it because they are Veterans or is it for other reasons other than past military service?  Why is it that there are Veterans from other foreign wars were not homeless?

My grandfather was gassed in the Argonne Forest in the first World War and in spite of medical problems established a successful business that operated for over half a century.  There are more successful stories than those that become homeless and blame it on military service?

But so you are furnishing meals as a band-aid....what are you doing to help them lift themselves up to become successful members of society?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

It seems to me that honoring and helping veterans would be much better served by spending the $50 million that a parade would cost on helping homeless veterans. Agreed?  Or do you have something against helping homeless veterans?

Since you are not a veteran how would you know how they would be better served?  Much public and private money has already been spent attacking the homeless problem without avail.

Do you think that the bulk of the homeless are that way because they are veterans?  And what propotion of those who served are homeless because they are veterans?  How many are homeless because of other circumstances not connected with being veterans?

If a President Hillary had suggested a national parade there would be a grown-swelling of support for one.  No, without doubt it because Trump has brought it up and liberals were automatically against it.

I think a national parade either on July 4th or Veterans Day would be in order to restore some national pride that liberalism has destroyed.

Face it, neither you or any other liberal here really care about veterans, homelessness, but in pushing the liberal agenda.  It's all partisan politics as evidenced here.

There is no reason to suggest that Hillary would be so stupid as to waste the money and military resources to put on a parade for her own benefit. 

We just finished welding our grill-on-a-trailer. It will be used to cook for the homeless organizations that make sure they get a meal.  We ran the costs and it will cut their prep and delivery costs by 50% while giving a hot meal instead of the cold sandwiches.  

How did you spend YOUR weekend? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 121

@ChasKy53wrote:

It seems to me that honoring and helping veterans would be much better served by spending the $50 million that a parade would cost on helping homeless veterans. Agreed?  Or do you have something against helping homeless veterans?

Since you are not a veteran how would you know how they would be better served?  Much public and private money has already been spent attacking the homeless problem without avail.

Do you think that the bulk of the homeless are that way because they are veterans?  And what propotion of those who served are homeless because they are veterans?  How many are homeless because of other circumstances not connected with being veterans?

If a President Hillary had suggested a national parade there would be a grown-swelling of support for one.  No, without doubt it because Trump has brought it up and liberals were automatically against it.

I think a national parade either on July 4th or Veterans Day would be in order to restore some national pride that liberalism has destroyed.

Face it, neither you or any other liberal here really care about veterans, homelessness, but in pushing the liberal agenda.  It's all partisan politics as evidenced here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Don't you think that sending the money on veteran homelessness would be better than spending it on a parade?  Oh ............. a group speak "throwing money at problems" comment. So you'd rather see money thrown at a parade than housing homeless veterans? They estimate the cost of the parade at $50 million.

What are you doing towards homelessness of not only veterans but anyone?  You think that any amount would eradicate homelessness?  

And of course you still can't be original but copy catch phrases of others?  So now you copy the 'cause de jour' which apparently is Veterans' homelessness'.  Now you care about veterans but back when you could have joined them in becoming one, you didn't? 

Makes no difference what I'm doing, why do you make it personal again? I asked a simple question, why attack instead of just answering? Is that what becoming a Right Winger does to someone?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 121

@ChasKy53wrote:

Don't you think that sending the money on veteran homelessness would be better than spending it on a parade?  Oh ............. a group speak "throwing money at problems" comment. So you'd rather see money thrown at a parade than housing homeless veterans? They estimate the cost of the parade at $50 million.

Of course, canceling the parade and putting those monies toward veteran homelessness would be the right thing to do, but the idiot in chief has never been interested in what is the moral or right thing to do. His concerns lie with what things will glorify him the best and which things will make him feel like the big important hero he thinks he is, but certainly is not. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

We pay our federal government to take care of our Vets.

Of course tax and spend, and leave it to the Veterans Administration that is already overloaded in caring for disabled and elderly veterans.  That includs a nephew who is in the final stages of Agent Orange.

Why would someone like you want to reach out to the homeless?  No doubt considers it below your level?  Do it the Democratic way and throw money at it with minimal results.  Typical, yet blame it on Republicans when the Democrats had 8 years and didn't do anything about the problem. 

Sure, let the govenment take care of everything; why waste your time when you'd rather be on a internet site criticizing others.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Richvawrote:

I am working to get Democrats elected so there are people in the government who care about the issue as opposed to the Republicans who only want to use it as a bumper sticker slogan

Apparently it isn't Republicans here who are using it as a 'bumber sticker slogan'. 

Yes, it is!  It's the Repubs who claim Dems are soft/don't care about Vets.

But Democrats here want the government to throw money It doesn't need to be thrown as you suggest.  at it instead of it being done on a local level by individuals.  Why?  We pay our federal government to take care of our Vets.

Sure do it the Democratic way.  Establish a bureaucracy, LOL.....it's already established....it's called the VA.   pad it with several levels and use the trickle down funds to actually help the intended recepients.  The levels are already there.  And of course ask for a big budget so the higher levels could enjoy a good salary.  Again, they are already there.  It's a big problem.....you have no answers other to ignore it and push it down to the lowest level.  What a great American you are!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 121

@Richvawrote:

I am working to get Democrats elected so there are people in the government who care about the issue as opposed to the Republicans who only want to use it as a bumper sticker slogan

Apparently it isn't Republicans here who are using it as a 'bumber sticker slogan'.  But Democrats here want the government to throw money at it instead of it being done on a local level by individuals.

Sure do it the Democratic way.  Establish a bureaucracy, pad it with several levels and use the trickle down funds to actually help the intended recepients.  And of course ask for a big budget so the higher levels could enjoy a good salary.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Richvawrote:

So we are agreed. Trump should cancel the parade and use the money to fight veteran homelessness. 

Where do you get WE?  The cost of a parade would just be a drop in the bucket. What are you doing on a personal level?  The liberal way comes across as just throwing money at problems.

I am working to get Democrats elected so there are people in the government who care about the issue as opposed to the Republicans who only want to use it as a bumper sticker slogan. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors