Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

Message 51 of 121

@fangoh45wrote:

"I really question whether he could control and kill three healthy, younger, women with a hammer or knife."

Well, you shouldn't. How about killing eight young women with a knife? Yes, eight young women (nurses). Not fake news! Curious? Check for yourself.

Yep. Actually happened. Terror is an interesting thing.  So, your argument is that every person (woman?) in the world is stupid enough or scared enough not to fight back?  I know a few that would disagree with you. 

If a guy threatened your family with a knife, would you be able to fight back?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@Richvawrote:

The last example was one veteran with three hostages.  I really question whether he could control and kill three healthy, younger, women with a hammer or knife.  Or a match..... A gun is  a tool which increases the person's capacity. Very much like a steam shovel is a better tool for digging than a shovel.  

If I suggested you could replace a guy with a bulldozer with a guy with a shovel on a construction site, you would call me crazy.  The same situation is true for expecting the same level of mayhem from a veteran with a hammer as from a veteran with a firearm.

Absolutely correct, Richva.  Some can't see the forrest for the tree's.... 

And.....

Guns and ED: How American Men Are Proving That Freud Was Right

Freud right?? At the risk of plagiarising someone on the forums frequent and annoying- LMAO. I'm LMAO.

Hardly an expert today, willing to give Freud's theories any credit. If you read the article you posted, you'll see for yourself.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 121

@Richvawrote:

@fangoh45wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

It is NOT a mental health issue. It's a GUN issue.

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR menatlly healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

True, but we've heard of mentally ill OR menatlly {Sic} healthy persons bashing heads with a baseball bat, hammers, rocks,(more people killed by hammers, clubs and rocks each year than by rifles) etc.. We've also heard of same, whacking people to death with chain saws, crashing cars into individuals, lacing food or drink with arsenic, cyanide or the like. Mentally healthy, as well as mentally un-healthy individuals will find all kinds of ways to achieve their evil goals.

The last example was one veteran with three hostages.  I really question whether he could control and kill three healthy, younger, women with a hammer or knife.  A gun is  a tool which increases the person's capacity. Very much like a steam shovel is a better tool for digging than a shovel.  

If I suggested you could replace a guy with a bulldozer with a guy with a shovel on a construction site, you would call me crazy.  The same situation is true for expecting the same level of mayhem from a veteran with a hammer as from a veteran with a firearm. 

"I really question whether he could control and kill three healthy, younger, women with a hammer or knife."

Well, you shouldn't. How about killing eight young women with a knife? Yes, eight young women (nurses). Not fake news! Curious? Check for yourself.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 121

@Richvawrote:

The last example was one veteran with three hostages.  I really question whether he could control and kill three healthy, younger, women with a hammer or knife.  Or a match..... A gun is  a tool which increases the person's capacity. Very much like a steam shovel is a better tool for digging than a shovel.  

Absolutely correct, Richva.  Some can't see the forrest for the tree's.... 

And.....

Guns and ED: How American Men Are Proving That Freud Was Right

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Perhaps AARP should just create a gossip forum for those who like to do that?

"No doubt", you'd be its' most prolific poster.

The usual from someone who is in denial.  Why would I suggest it then?

Have a nice day

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Perhaps AARP should just create a gossip forum for those who like to do that?

"No doubt", you'd be its' most prolific poster.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

"nc" it's obvious where the confusion lies.  Only one poster here has gone from personally attacking almost every Conservative poster to personally attacking almost every Liberal and Independent poster.  And to add to the "confusion", he's gone from supporting Obama, to Bernie Sanders and when Hillary received the nomination, he jumped to Stein.  Obviously, "very confused".  Attack Liberals yet support the most Liberal candidate in years???  Actually, it's quite telling.

Still prefer to attack another poster rather than sticking to civilly discussing issues?  I bet that makes you feel important doesn't it?  Is there a psychological reason for doing so?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 121

@fangoh45wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

It is NOT a mental health issue. It's a GUN issue.

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR mentally healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

True, but we've heard of mentally ill OR menatlly {Sic} (lol) healthy persons bashing heads with a baseball bat, hammers, rocks,(more people killed by hammers, clubs and rocks each year than by rifles) etc.. What?  Hardly.  Got any proof to back that up?  We've also heard of same (sic), whacking people to death with chain saws, crashing cars into individuals, lacing food or drink with arsenic, cyanide or the like.  You've heard or dreamt?  Mentally healthy, as well as mentally un-healthy individuals will find all kinds of ways to achieve their evil goals. Goals?  Does that include taking healthcare away from those who can't afford it? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 121
@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheelwrote:

Once again, you always try to confuse the issue.

Of course you keep bringing up a candidate who I considered in the last elections.  But she has no bearing on these discusions.  Your continued bringing her into the discussion is completely off-topic and without merit.  Besides I'm not like the liberal element here who blindly follows the doctrine of the hierarchy.

"nc" it's obvious where the confusion lies.  Only one poster here has gone from personally attacking almost every Conservative poster to personally attacking almost every Liberal and Independent poster.  And to add to the "confusion", he's gone from supporting Obama, to Bernie Sanders and when Hillary received the nomination, he jumped to Stein.  Obviously, "very confused".  Attack Liberals yet support the most Liberal candidate in years???  Actually, it's quite telling.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 121

@Centristsin2010

Is there some sort of problem discussing the issues instead of posters?  Perhaps AARP should just create a gossip forum for those who like to do that?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors