From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING PERPETRATED BY A VETERAN

Message 61 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

LOL.....oh, let's not forget nerve gas, anthrax and the ever popular nuclear warhead.

And a LOL back at you.  You really need to do something about that frequent LOLing, people might begin to wonder......

Nope....just the few very clueless folks.  Most "get it".....

I'm sure that if a person was bent on mayhelm they would just walk into their nearest weapon shop and pick up either a canister of nerve gas, anthrax or a nuclear warhead.

The laughable part is that your "sure".

Have to wonder about liberals here as your comments rates up with another liberal poster's that Trump is headed to North Korea to arrange for reeducation camps for dissidents.

Posting just to post silly nonsense has become the norm for some here.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 121

@Richvawrote:

The same situation is true for expecting the same level of mayhem from a veteran with a hammer as from a veteran with a firearm. 

Curious as to why you said 'from a veteran'?  Was those involved in the shooting at Parklan or Sandy Hook veterans?  What about Columbine?  It does appear that most mass shootings today is from civilians who were never in the service.

Do we have Russian bots here intent on smearing our Veterans?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 121

@Richvawrote:

Did you see the cost estimates of Trump's military parade compared to the cost of housing every homeless veteran in the country? Seems to be about equal but we see what Trump's priorities are. 

And what does that have to do with the discussion?  We can see what your priorities are.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 121

@fangoh45wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

It is NOT a mental health issue. It's a GUN issue.

I've never heard of a gun going out on it's own and shooting people.

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR menatlly healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

True, but we've heard of mentally ill OR menatlly {Sic} healthy persons bashing heads with a baseball bat, hammers, rocks,(more people killed by hammers, clubs and rocks each year than by rifles) etc.. We've also heard of same, whacking people to death with chain saws, crashing cars into individuals, lacing food or drink with arsenic, cyanide or the like. Mentally healthy, as well as mentally un-healthy individuals will find all kinds of ways to achieve their evil goals.

The last example was one veteran with three hostages.  I really question whether he could control and kill three healthy, younger, women with a hammer or knife.  A gun is  a tool which increases the person's capacity. Very much like a steam shovel is a better tool for digging than a shovel.  

If I suggested you could replace a guy with a bulldozer with a guy with a shovel on a construction site, you would call me crazy.  The same situation is true for expecting the same level of mayhem from a veteran with a hammer as from a veteran with a firearm. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR menatlly healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

True, but we've heard of mentally ill OR menatlly {Sic} healthy persons bashing heads with a baseball bat, hammers, rocks,(more people killed by hammers, clubs and rocks each year than by rifles) etc.. We've also heard of same, whacking people to death with chain saws, crashing cars into individuals, lacing food or drink with arsenic, cyanide or the like. Mentally healthy, as well as mentally un-healthy individuals will find all kinds of ways to achieve their evil goals.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@nctarheelwrote:

Once again, you always try to confuse the issue.

Of course you keep bringing up a candidate who I considered in the last elections.  But she has no bearing on these discusions.  Your continued bringing her into the discussion is completely off-topic and without merit.  Besides I'm not like the liberal element here who blindly follows the doctrine of the hierarchy.

There is no confusion since I have previously stated many times I don't allow guns on my property, but I believe enough in the Constitution that I realize that others have rights also.  Unlike those claiming to be liberal minded but cannot tolerate that others have rights.

Then there are those like you who want to make posts about others instead of current issues.  As far as Jill Stein she comes across much as a kook, probably because of her background.  Her ideas could be compared to many from certain liberals here.

Have to agree with you about Jill Stein.  

Did you see the cost estimates of Trump's military parade compared to the cost of housing every homeless veteran in the country? Seems to be about equal but we see what Trump's priorities are. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 121

@nctarheelwrote:

Of course you keep bringing up a candidate who I considered in the last elections.  But she has no bearing on these discusions.  Your continued bringing her into the discussion is completely off-topic and without merit.  Besides I'm not like the liberal element here who blindly follows the doctrine of the hierarchy.

There is no confusion since I have previously stated many times I don't allow guns on my property, but I believe enough in the Constitution that I realize that others have rights also.  Unlike those claiming to be liberal minded but cannot tolerate that others have rights.

Then there are those like you who want to make posts about others instead of current issues.  As far as Jill Stein she comes across much as a kook, probably because of her background.  Her ideas could be compared to many from certain liberals here.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Does anyone actually believe that banning firearms is the answer?  Read through the restrictions on firearms in California?  Whoever believes that banning or restricting firearms is the answer lives in a pollyanna world of make-believe.

Even going to the point of giving opinions in opposition to YOUR OWN opinions.

The anti-restriction paragraph above about the world of make-believe is in direct opposition to the planks of the Presidential Candidate you supported in the last election as evidenced by YOUR words below:

@TxGrandpa2@also wrote:

"I do support JILL STEIN, but not on this site where any opinion not 'approved' by the 'crowd' is met with personal attacks."

You go on:

"I am a member and post on a specific site dedicated to her views, which is that of a good many of us."

Both verbatim quotes come from a post you made on 7/31/16@3:33PM in the thread, NEW WORD-TRUMPRIFICE.

So now, one is confused.....

You were a strong supporter of JILL STEIN, who was FOR multiple gun restrictions; and yet, now, you seem to be staunchly AGAINST multiple gun restrictions.

Which is it, @TxGrandpa2.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 121

@Centristsin2010wrote:

LOL.....oh, let's not forget nerve gas, anthrax and the ever popular nuclear warhead.

And a LOL back at you.  You really need to do something about that frequent LOLing, people might begin to wonder......

I'm sure that if a person was bent on mayhelm they would just walk into their nearest weapon shop and pick up either a canister of nerve gas, anthrax or a nuclear warhead.

Have to wonder about liberals here as your comments rates up with another liberal poster's that Trump is headed to North Korea to arrange for reeducation camps for dissidents.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 121

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

You've also never heard of a mentally ill OR mentally healthy person without a gun "shooting people".

To the contrary, guns aren't the only weapon that can be used for mass killings.  To the contrary, no one suggested it was.....they're just the easiest to purchase at the local Wal-Mart or pawn shop....There are other ways of mass destruction...explosives (pipe bombs); even using machetes in crowded venues; and there are other methods such as vehicles plowing into a crowd.  LOL.....oh, let's not forget nerve gas, anthrax and the ever popular nuclear warhead.

But a gun doesn't just shoot itself without someone pulling the trigger. And those without guns haven't shot anyone.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors