Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: YES - The USA is a Capitalist Catastrophe!

Message 21 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Fascism in America.jpg

Yes, some love to throw out terms like fascist and Nazi with no idea as to their actual meaning. For example, the economic ideology of President Trump is the exact opposite while that of the neo-Marxists aligns quite closely.

Trump wraps himself in the US Flag as a Adult at CPAC

It was patriotic showmanship for a patriotic organization. How does that make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

Trump wrapped himself in his Fathers Money - Corrupt Dr's & Bone Spurs

How does an individual's inheritance make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

When the Flag & the American People called Trump to serve his country when he was 18

How does his draft exemption make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

I went to Vietnam for 18 months because my Father was a Barber when I was 18

How does your service to the nation make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

Thats was one of my first hints that American Capitalism wasn't working

What has Nam to do with Capitalism? Well, I suppose if he had gone Communist we would have been there. Is that your point?

This weekend I got another reminder of what American Capitalism is all about

One of my Daughters had been working for the same Company for 3 years

She got a written offer for a better job with more money and gave a 2 months notice

Her current employer told her she could not cover any time-off during her notice

My Daughter not wanting to cause a issue - worked her notice and just assumed she would get paid for her accrued paid time off like over 2 weeks vacation - personal days - etc.

When she received her final check - No Pay for her Vacation or Personal Days

How does that make the US a capitalistic catastrophe? Are you saying that if she (and everyone) worked for the government that wouldn't have happened?

The day she reported to the new job to fill out her hiring forms and W2's at the new job she was  told her - sorry but they did not have enough work to hire her

Same as above.

New Hampshire is a - "At Will" - State ................ apparently even with a signed contract including start date - full-time hours with OT - Benefits - hourly wage - etc ..................in a - "At Will State" - you can be fired or not hired - At Will

No recourse on the refusal to pay vacation time from the old job

No recourse on the refusal to hire at the new job

Capitalism in America - Kleptocracy in America - Employees have No Rights

Again, is it your point that if everyone worked for the government this sort of thing wouldn't happen? And you were not clear as to how "Kleptocracy" created this problem.

Finally, how does NH law mean that the US is a Capitalist catastrophe?

Cite proof from verified and certified sane, logical, and rational sources that conclusively prove that the US is not a capitalist catastrophe - that excludes any and all conservative, republican, and trump supporting sources, doesn't it?

You can't cite such sources - because no such sources exist. 

BTW - when trump clutches the red, white, and blue flag - the reality is that in his heart and in his mind - those colors are those of the Russian flag - trump's loyalty is to himself first, the russian flag second, and the US flag a rather distant third...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Fascism in America.jpg

Yes, some love to throw out terms like fascist and Nazi with no idea as to their actual meaning. For example, the economic ideology of President Trump is the exact opposite while that of the neo-Marxists aligns quite closely.

It was patriotic showmanship for a patriotic organization. How does that make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

How does an individual's inheritance make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

When the Flag & the American People called Trump to serve his country when he was 18

How does his draft exemption make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

How does your service to the nation make the US a capitalistic catastrophe?

What has Nam to do with Capitalism? Well, I suppose if he had gone Communist we would have been there. Is that your point?

She got a written offer for a better job with more money and gave a 2 months notice

Her current employer told her she could not cover any time-off during her notice

My Daughter not wanting to cause a issue - worked her notice and just assumed she would get paid for her accrued paid time off like over 2 weeks vacation - personal days - etc.

How does that make the US a capitalistic catastrophe? Are you saying that if she (and everyone) worked for the government that wouldn't have happened?

The day she reported to the new job to fill out her hiring forms and W2's at the new job she was  told her - sorry but they did not have enough work to hire her

Same as above.

New Hampshire is a - "At Will" - State ................ apparently even with a signed contract including start date - full-time hours with OT - Benefits - hourly wage - etc ..................in a - "At Will State" - you can be fired or not hired - At Will

Again, is it your point that if everyone worked for the government this sort of thing wouldn't happen? And you were not clear as to how "Kleptocracy" created this problem.

Finally, how does NH law mean that the US is a Capitalist catastrophe?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Fascism in America.jpg

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 32

The Audiopedia - 6/11/17 - "What is CRONY CAPITALISM? What does CRONY CAPITALISM mean? CRONY CAPITALISM meaning and explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_IXW7TFWO

Definition from Cambridge 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/crony-capitalism

OpenSecrets.org - "CITIZENS UNITED V. FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION"

https://opensecrets.org/news/reports/citizens_united.php

Hoping that my links are entered correctly!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Fascism in America.jpg

While trump supporters slavishly and obsequiously support a pathologically dysfunctional - to wit - malignantly narcississtic, Dunning-Kruger, cognitively dissonant - obedient puppet/operative of Vadimir Putin...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

Fascism in America.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

The Momo challenge is a hoax. But the online culture and financial rewards that made it seem feasible are scary.

Nasty YouTube videos aren't solely the work of child-hating malcontents. They're a result of capitalist contempt for the vulnerable.

Everyone worries about their kids.

My kid is two; from the moment he was born (and probably during the few months before), each time I heard about something bad happening to a child, I went into a panicky, sickened research mode, frantically searching for confirmation that the absolute worst had happened and could happen again. Kidnappings! Monstrous priests! Car crashes! Obscure diseases!

Keisuke Aisawa’s surrealist sculpture Mother Bird!

Wait, what?

Aisawa, who works for a company that makes puppets and props for horror movies, made an especially scary sculpture of a bug-eyed bird lady monster that was displayed at a commercial art gallery in 2016; it made its way onto Instagram, then to the bowels of Reddit (which at that point was mostly bowel), to Kim Kardashian’s 129 million-follower Instagram, and today you probably know the sculpture as Momo, the horrible creature who tells teenagers to kill themselves on YouTube (originally WhatsApp).

The reports of a “Momo challenge,” in which Momo — who, I want to stress, cannot talk and is not a computer-generated image but a static picture of a sculpture — "tells" young daredevils to do progressively more dangerous things, ending in an appeal to suicide, appear to be exclusively the product of adult minds that can’t tell fact from fiction.

First, YouTube’s product for children — in front of which tired parents plunk their kids in exactly the same way the last generation did with Nickelodeon — is a cesspool. Underpoliced, saturated with ads, overflowing with horribly disturbing auto-generated content and constantly monitoring its tiny users for monetizable data, YouTube Kids has been the subject of multiple complaints from consumer groups and (what seems like) a new journalistic expose every month. Most recently, there was a Wired story about pedophiles lurking in the comments of children's YouTube videos that was so serious — and, notably, true — that advertisers pulled up stakes and ran for the hills.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/business/media/youtube-kids-paw-patrol.html

Secondly, adults and older kids who enjoy being cruel are not fictional. Cruelty is epidemic on YouTube, but it isn’t unique to the platform: Nest web-enabled video cameras and other devices are so notoriously insecure that stories of hackers breaching baby monitors and saying mean things to infants have become a crime-blotter staple.

So, it's unsurprising that some YouTube users have uploaded clips of cartoon character Peppa Pig intercut with clips of another YouTuber, who calls himself Filthy Frank, giving instructions on how to slit one's wrists, if not the fictional “Momo Challenge” videos. There's just no evidence that the videos like that — even the real ones — have been widely seen, let alone particularly effective.

Because there are straightforward financial incentives to put shocking material aimed at children on YouTube and no human review process that vets that material before it is available to kids, YouTube employs scores of people to review content that its users and algorithms flag as objectionable — but only after the fact.

It is miserable, traumatizing, even radicalizing work, and tech companies treat the people who do it the way they treat all their low-level employees: Work them hard, burn them out, hire the next person.

Again, in industries with some form of regulation, whether by regularly-enforced law or collective bargaining from the workers themselves, the burn-out-and-replace school of human resource management doesn’t dominate in the same way.

The people who work for Viacom aren’t somehow more moral than the people who work for Google, but the culture of Nickelodeon’s kids’ programming is, at its worst, kind of fart-centric, whereas the culture of YouTube’s programming for kids and teens includes Logan Paul making fun of a suicide victim’s corpse and PewDiePie screaming ethnic slurs.

But we don’t live in a society willing to admit that parents aren’t omnipotent and omnipresent, and we haven't come to a consensus that protecting our children involves electing responsible public officials who will make sure that businesses won’t profit when their negligence brings harm to those children. We’d rather believe in a bird monster that whispers heartless suggestions to our kids' ears than in a money monster that whispers heartless suggestions in ours.

momo.png

Should Government Babysit our kids - No

But When Your Government Has a Aggressive Inhumane Policy That Says Seperating 1 year old Children from their parents and never reuniting them is good - well reasonable people can understand how non-government people encouraging troubled people to slit their wrists and find other ways to kill themselves becomes more acceptable

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/momo-challenge-hoax-online-culture-financial-rewards-made-it-s...

What have MOMO and the 9th Circuit's requirement that families be separated to do with Capitalism?

The Corrupting of MOMO by Money Grubbing Capitalists resulting in tragedy and suffering for thousands of Children and Trumps desire to create a Lucrative Cottage Industry for Eric Prince for the Caging - Transporting - Feeding - Clothing - of underage children because of a Trump policy designed for the expressed purpose of creating tragedy & suffering for thousands of Children who without a mechanism for reunification with their parents insures a majority of the Children will be producing income for Eric Prince & other Human Trafficking Entrepreneurs like him for at least the next 18 years is what both have to do with Capitalism

As far as your nonsensical 9th circuit argument - no where did the 9th circuit condone the continuation of a policy that caged children for the expressed purpose of creating a revenue stream for the Eric Princes of the USA

What has this thing to do with Eric Prince, the 9th Circuit or kids at the border:

Image result for momo bird picture

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 32

Fascism in America.jpg

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

The Momo challenge is a hoax. But the online culture and financial rewards that made it seem feasible are scary.

Nasty YouTube videos aren't solely the work of child-hating malcontents. They're a result of capitalist contempt for the vulnerable.

Everyone worries about their kids.

My kid is two; from the moment he was born (and probably during the few months before), each time I heard about something bad happening to a child, I went into a panicky, sickened research mode, frantically searching for confirmation that the absolute worst had happened and could happen again. Kidnappings! Monstrous priests! Car crashes! Obscure diseases!

Keisuke Aisawa’s surrealist sculpture Mother Bird!

Wait, what?

Aisawa, who works for a company that makes puppets and props for horror movies, made an especially scary sculpture of a bug-eyed bird lady monster that was displayed at a commercial art gallery in 2016; it made its way onto Instagram, then to the bowels of Reddit (which at that point was mostly bowel), to Kim Kardashian’s 129 million-follower Instagram, and today you probably know the sculpture as Momo, the horrible creature who tells teenagers to kill themselves on YouTube (originally WhatsApp).

The reports of a “Momo challenge,” in which Momo — who, I want to stress, cannot talk and is not a computer-generated image but a static picture of a sculpture — "tells" young daredevils to do progressively more dangerous things, ending in an appeal to suicide, appear to be exclusively the product of adult minds that can’t tell fact from fiction.

First, YouTube’s product for children — in front of which tired parents plunk their kids in exactly the same way the last generation did with Nickelodeon — is a cesspool. Underpoliced, saturated with ads, overflowing with horribly disturbing auto-generated content and constantly monitoring its tiny users for monetizable data, YouTube Kids has been the subject of multiple complaints from consumer groups and (what seems like) a new journalistic expose every month. Most recently, there was a Wired story about pedophiles lurking in the comments of children's YouTube videos that was so serious — and, notably, true — that advertisers pulled up stakes and ran for the hills.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/business/media/youtube-kids-paw-patrol.html

Secondly, adults and older kids who enjoy being cruel are not fictional. Cruelty is epidemic on YouTube, but it isn’t unique to the platform: Nest web-enabled video cameras and other devices are so notoriously insecure that stories of hackers breaching baby monitors and saying mean things to infants have become a crime-blotter staple.

So, it's unsurprising that some YouTube users have uploaded clips of cartoon character Peppa Pig intercut with clips of another YouTuber, who calls himself Filthy Frank, giving instructions on how to slit one's wrists, if not the fictional “Momo Challenge” videos. There's just no evidence that the videos like that — even the real ones — have been widely seen, let alone particularly effective.

Because there are straightforward financial incentives to put shocking material aimed at children on YouTube and no human review process that vets that material before it is available to kids, YouTube employs scores of people to review content that its users and algorithms flag as objectionable — but only after the fact.

It is miserable, traumatizing, even radicalizing work, and tech companies treat the people who do it the way they treat all their low-level employees: Work them hard, burn them out, hire the next person.

Again, in industries with some form of regulation, whether by regularly-enforced law or collective bargaining from the workers themselves, the burn-out-and-replace school of human resource management doesn’t dominate in the same way.

The people who work for Viacom aren’t somehow more moral than the people who work for Google, but the culture of Nickelodeon’s kids’ programming is, at its worst, kind of fart-centric, whereas the culture of YouTube’s programming for kids and teens includes Logan Paul making fun of a suicide victim’s corpse and PewDiePie screaming ethnic slurs.

But we don’t live in a society willing to admit that parents aren’t omnipotent and omnipresent, and we haven't come to a consensus that protecting our children involves electing responsible public officials who will make sure that businesses won’t profit when their negligence brings harm to those children. We’d rather believe in a bird monster that whispers heartless suggestions to our kids' ears than in a money monster that whispers heartless suggestions in ours.

momo.png

Should Government Babysit our kids - No

But When Your Government Has a Aggressive Inhumane Policy That Says Seperating 1 year old Children from their parents and never reuniting them is good - well reasonable people can understand how non-government people encouraging troubled people to slit their wrists and find other ways to kill themselves becomes more acceptable

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/momo-challenge-hoax-online-culture-financial-rewards-made-it-s...

What have MOMO and the 9th Circuit's requirement that families be separated to do with Capitalism?

The Corrupting of MOMO by Money Grubbing Capitalists resulting in tragedy and suffering for thousands of Children and Trumps desire to create a Lucrative Cottage Industry for Eric Prince for the Caging - Transporting - Feeding - Clothing - of underage children because of a Trump policy designed for the expressed purpose of creating tragedy & suffering for thousands of Children who without a mechanism for reunification with their parents insures a majority of the Children will be producing income for Eric Prince & other Human Trafficking Entrepreneurs like him for at least the next 18 years is what both have to do with Capitalism

As far as your nonsensical 9th circuit argument - no where did the 9th circuit condone the continuation of a policy that caged children for the expressed purpose of creating a revenue stream for the Eric Princes of the USA

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 32

Points for Creative Subject.  "thumbs up!"

I've been wondering what the heck this "momo" bird thing is. Now I know (or have a glimmering).

...Now, to share the Positive Side of YouTube (on which I must spend hours a day), this recent live music festival is awesome. Some may enjoy this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FczUjpcqgJw

(Neil Young's "Ohio" played by Anders Osborne band with awesome young guest guitarist Samantha Fish)

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors