Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Y Hasn't Trump Grounded Boeing Aircraft?

Message 61 of 78

@mickstuder wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Trump is NOT responsible for everything that goes wrong.  By blaming him for everything, you are distracting from real issues.

One of my biggest problems with Trump is that he does not seem to listen to his subject matter experts, since he believes he knows more than they do.

It is up to the FAA to decide what to do about this, not Trump.

If Trump has overruled the FAA, or if the current FAA acting Director is not listening to their own experts, than that is a different story.  But, you simply can't blame Trump for everything bad.  Contrary to some beliefs it is actually impossible for the man to make an incorrect decision every single time, anymore than somebody can make the correct decision every time.

You Are Incorrect -

First - Trump Makes Everything About Himself

You Don't Get to Claim Credit for Records in the Stock Market - Unemployment - Etc - when those records have been on going since way before you took office - but if you insist then you also get the blame for everything

As Far as the FAA - the FAA has been Leaderless for over a year - No Administrator Confirmed by Congress

Again - It is Trump Fault because here is his philosophy

I’m in no hurry” to name permanent replacements, Trump told reporters Sunday before departing for Camp David. “I sort of like ‘acting.’ It gives me more flexibility, do you understand that? I like ‘acting.’”

In other words Trump does not want PERMANENT EXPERTS in critical positions to advise him - he wants - PLACEHOLDERS - that he can over rule or fire if they try to disagree with him by citing fact based information - as opposed to Trumps "gut" inspired decisions

Also, when you're setting records for US Presidents playing Golf and Watching Favorite TV Programs

The time you have to look at issues like - should I ground Boeing Planes that are crashing like the Leaders of 3 other Countries already have - your time is limited

Then your argument should be that Trump has eliminated the FAA.  Since there are still career people there, the question is has this been moved up the priority list or not.  Again, by your blaming Trump for absolutely everything, you are watering down legitimate issues about him.  If you are going to try to claim that EVERYTHING bad is Trump's fault, then you will be taken as a left wing Fox News that cannot be trusted.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 78
Who is grounding planes?
Ethiopian Airlines
The carrier has grounded the remaining four Boeing 737 MAX 8s in its fleet until further notice, as an "extra safety precaution."
Cayman Airways
Cayman Airways operates two new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. It said Monday it was grounding both planes "until more information is received."

Three countries — Ethiopia, China and Indonesia — grounded all Boeing 737 Max 8 jets on Monday, a day after 157 people were killed when an Ethiopian Airline flight bound for Kenya crashed shortly after takeoff in Addis Ababa.

Who is still flying Boeing 737 MAX 8s?
American Airlines
The US carrier has 24 737 MAX 8 aircraft in its fleet and says it has no plans to ground them at the moment.
In a statement, American Airlines expressed its condolences to the families of those killed, and said it would continue to monitor the investigation into the crash.
"At this time there are no facts on the cause of the accident other than news reports," read the statement. "We have full confidence in the aircraft and our crew members, who are the best and most experienced in the industry."
Southwest Airlines
The US carrier has 34 of the aircraft in its fleet and says it does not plan to change its operational policies or procedures.
"We remain confident in the safety and airworthiness of our fleet of more than 750 Boeing aircraft," read a statement from the airline.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 78

@sp362 wrote:

Trump is NOT responsible for everything that goes wrong.  By blaming him for everything, you are distracting from real issues.

One of my biggest problems with Trump is that he does not seem to listen to his subject matter experts, since he believes he knows more than they do.

If Trump has overruled the FAA, or if the current FAA acting Director is not listening to their own experts, than that is a different story.  But, you simply can't blame Trump for everything bad.  Contrary to some beliefs it is actually impossible for the man to make an incorrect decision every single time, anymore than somebody can make the correct decision every time.

You Are Incorrect -

First - Trump Makes Everything About Himself

You Don't Get to Claim Credit for Records in the Stock Market - Unemployment - Etc - when those records have been on going since way before you took office - but if you insist then you also get the blame for everything

As Far as the FAA - the FAA has been Leaderless for over a year - No Administrator Confirmed by Congress

Again - It is Trump Fault because here is his philosophy

I’m in no hurry” to name permanent replacements, Trump told reporters Sunday before departing for Camp David. “I sort of like ‘acting.’ It gives me more flexibility, do you understand that? I like ‘acting.’”

In other words Trump does not want PERMANENT EXPERTS in critical positions to advise him - he wants - PLACEHOLDERS - that he can over rule or fire if they try to disagree with him by citing fact based information - as opposed to Trumps "gut" inspired decisions

Also, when you're setting records for US Presidents playing Golf and Watching Favorite TV Programs

The time you have to look at issues like - should I ground Boeing Planes that are crashing like the Leaders of 3 other Countries already have - your time is limited

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 78

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 78

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You mock at anything criticizing trump. Why?  Do you think Boeing should be allowed to keep building these airplanes without addressing the reasons for them crashing and killing people? Trump has the power to initiate grounding and investigations to address the issues, don't you think he should do that? Maybe after he's done playing golf? Are profits more important than lives?

No, I mock silly stuff like making "Klepts" a topic about a tragic plane crash.

As to investigating the plane crash - that is well above my pay grade and I am sure it is happening.

And speaking of mockable silly stuff - golf in a discussion of a plane crash???

When the participants in a Discussion

Refuse to engage others Honestly - well then - inevitably frustration leads to the sillyness

Example - The Title of the Thread under Discussion is

Y Hasn't Trump Grounded Boeing Aircraft?

Not Once Have you Addressed the Subject Matter by answering the question - instead typically you launch into critiques about what and how others are participating in the discussion 

Do you have a response to why hasn't Trump Grounded Boeing Aircraft - to use your own technique - what has Pay Grade to do with Trump Grounding Aircraft That Have Demonstrated a inability to Stay up the Air Consistently

FYI -

Three countries — Ethiopia, China and Indonesia — grounded all Boeing 737 Max 8 jets on Monday, a day after 157 people were killed when an Ethiopian Airline flight bound for Kenya crashed shortly after takeoff in Addis Ababa.

The jet was the same make and model as the plane that crashed off Indonesia last year, killing all 189 people aboard.

One of my suggestions for why Trump has not taken any action - is because the Administration of the FAA has not had a Permanent Administrator for over a YEAR

In fact out of 24 Trump Cabinet Positions - 6 are being led by Acting Administrators & not just because of delays by Congress

EXAMPLE The United States has No Secretary of Defense

WHY IS THAT?

Well Trumps own words give us some insight & it has to do with Kleptocracy - Trumps desire to run the Country as a Dictator outside of Norms & without any of the constraints imposed by the US Constitution

Trump Acting Administrators.png

Sources

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1081972633149890565

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-acting-cabinet-secretaries-flexibility_us_5c33c66ee4b01e2...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/jet-ethiopian-airlines-crash-same-model-went-down-indonesia-n9815...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 78

Maybe, Trump just can't multi task, it's all about His Wall. I am sure in a day or two we will see some sad tweet from Trump.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 78

Three other countries have grounded these airplanes, including China. Trump is off playing golf taking no action while China tends to the well-being of it's people. Trump places corporate profits and golf before the well being of America's people. What an irresponsible scum bag he is.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/jet-ethiopian-airlines-crash-same-model-went-down-indonesia-n9815...

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 78

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  You mock at anything criticizing trump. Why?  Do you think Boeing should be allowed to keep building these airplanes without addressing the reasons for them crashing and killing people? Trump has the power to initiate grounding and investigations to address the issues, don't you think he should do that? Maybe after he's done playing golf? Are profits more important than lives?

Because Trumpism is a cult of personality and they won't tolerate criticism of their Dear Leader any more than Jim Jones followers or the Moonies did.

If there is a cult involved, it is one that brings Klepts and golf into the issue of a plane crash.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You mock at anything criticizing trump. Why?  Do you think Boeing should be allowed to keep building these airplanes without addressing the reasons for them crashing and killing people? Trump has the power to initiate grounding and investigations to address the issues, don't you think he should do that? Maybe after he's done playing golf? Are profits more important than lives?

No, I mock silly stuff like making "Klepts" a topic about a tragic plane crash.

As to investigating the plane crash - that is well above my pay grade and I am sure it is happening.

And speaking of mockable silly stuff - golf in a discussion of a plane crash???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 78

ChasKy53:  You mock at anything criticizing trump. Why?  Do you think Boeing should be allowed to keep building these airplanes without addressing the reasons for them crashing and killing people? Trump has the power to initiate grounding and investigations to address the issues, don't you think he should do that? Maybe after he's done playing golf? Are profits more important than lives?

Because Trumpism is a cult of personality and they won't tolerate criticism of their Dear Leader any more than Jim Jones followers or the Moonies did.

Kudos
Views