Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Y'HEAR!

Message 11 of 20

@nctarheel wrote:

Now, check your history books and you will find that President Eisenhower supported a Vietnamese leader by the name of Ngo Dinh Diem. Diem was anti-communist and had an army in the south of Vietnam.

Tarheel, I don't have to check my history books to know what you just posted.  I read about all that in the media while it was happening.  Besides I have access to a resident source that probably knows more about Vietnam and it's history than either you or me.

Perhaps you should read my post, with bias, and I said that Johnson escalated the conflict.  I was at the Pentagon at the time, and also watched it on TV.  Where were you?

Diem was also unpopular in Vietnam with the Buddhists which was in the majority and they were happy to meet his sudden removal from among the living.  And his sister-in-law, Madam Nhu was especially even more detested.

Vietnam has an interesting history reportedly being the only country that resisted the military advances of Kubla Khan.  Off topic but thought you'd be interested.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

But of course the Republican ran in 68 that he was going to end the war in 1969 and escalated it even more so for 4 more years...  Just saying....

And you might add that JFK wrote the Executive Order to pull our Troops OUT of Vietnam in 1963, but knew Republicans would use this against Democrats as "being soft on Communism" in the 1964 election so he delayed implimenting the order, and that LBJ won the election in an enormous landslide by being "the Peace Candidate".

Yes LBJ was the first President to lie us into a war, but he repented of his sins while jrbush still claims he did the right thing to start the never-ending wars in the midEast that Republicans totally support and want to expand into Iran.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

democrats_then_and_now.jpg

Yesterday and today has also changed for the Republican Party. 
Yesterday, moral values, debt, entitlements  balanced budgets. and today. loyalty to the President should precede our commitment to the flag and Constitution.

Poor little alt-Right snowflakes. They can't even understand that THEY are the one's demanding other people pay for their support - they allow 4 million Republican deadbeats to receive health care but not have insurance in the hope it will destroy the PRIVATE insurance coverage President Obama gave 34,000,000 honest hardworking Americans.

They demand that workers who pay for the support of Unions which negotiate better pay and benefits from the employers must give those benefits and higher pay to the worthless Republican workers who refuse to contribute their fair share to the cost of obtaining those benefits and pay.

They insist that money earned from other money be treated better than money earned by the labor of humans.

They demand the people directing Corporations to commit crimes and kill people for profit be held blameless for the damage and death their actions cause.

And most egregeous of all, they PRETEND the White Supremacist views of the slave holders before and the alt-right now somehow belong to the Progressives who vehemently oppose those racist views.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

But of course the Republican ran in 68 that he was going to end the war in 1969 and escalated it even more so for 4 more years...  Just saying....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Wasn't it a Democrat by the name of Lyndon B Johnson that escalated our involvement in Vietnam?  And didn't he accept responsibility for it when he declined to run for reelection? 

He even micromanaged from the White House by watching news reports then calling up local commanders to direct operations. 

As I have often stated  two wrong never make a right  I certainly don't approve on how Johnson dealt with the Viet Nam war. but that is now in the past.  so what is the point of anyone bringing up past mistakes,?  Don't  we have enough problems in our society today to start by complaining about what we should or shouldn't have done almost 50 years ago?
Better  start by solving the present problems that should take priority on whatever happened in the past.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

While the other party gets us involved with LOSING military campaigns costing TRILLIONS of DOLLARS and THOUSANDS of lives in VIETNAM, IRAQ, and AFGHANISTAN.

Wasn't it a Democrat by the name of Lyndon B Johnson that escalated our involvement in Vietnam?  And didn't he accept responsibility for it when he declined to run for reelection? 

He even micromanaged from the White House by watching news reports then calling up local commanders to direct operations. 

With all your supposed military and historical background, it is sad to see you massage history so you can make a false point.

Read my post again and concentrate on the phrase "the other party gets us involved".

Now, check your history books and you will find that President Eisenhower supported a Vietnamese leader by the name of Ngo Dinh Diem. Diem was anti-communist and had an army in the south of Vietnam. Eisenhower was THE FIRST PRESIDENT to send troops to bolster Diem's army. Once Diem announced the formation of a SOUTH VIETNAM, Eisenhower was THE FIRST PRESIDENT to recognize its status as a country.

It is a shame that one tries to re-create history in order to serve their own purposes.

But as one that defends DONALD TRUMP; it is not surprising that you would use the same "MASSAGING OF HISTORY" to your own ends.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

@nctarheel wrote:

While the other party gets us involved with LOSING military campaigns costing TRILLIONS of DOLLARS and THOUSANDS of lives in VIETNAM, IRAQ, and AFGHANISTAN.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

@Soosie wrote:

Yesterday and today has also changed for the Republican Party. 
Yesterday, moral values, debt, entitlements  balanced budgets. and today. loyalty to the President should precede our commitment to the flag and Constitution.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

@Soosie wrote:

NO MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Y'HEAR!

Message 20 of 20

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors