Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Y'HEAR!

Message 1 of 20

@Olderscout66 wrote:

LBJ lied us into a worthless War we should never have fought...yes, he did and like JFK, for political purposes.  They both didn't want to be the President that allowed communism to spread in southeast asia.

Progressive Protestors tried to correct LBJ's terrible mistake

Nixon ended the draft to end the protests and set the stage for ...

jrbush lying us into an even more Worthless, never-ending War.

Want to end the needless slaughter of our brave troops whenever POTUS needs a boost in the polls or thinks he can grab the oil? Bring back the draft and make it Universal so all the snowflakes will know if we have a war, THEY will be on the front lines, and we'll never send our Troops anywhere they don't have to be to protect the actual interests of the USA.  Great idea...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

1969 - Nixon - Republican - 554,000

Your point?

http://www.americanwarlibrary.com/vietnam/vwatl.htm

"Descalation" Under Nixon

In November 1968, Richard Nixon won a close election against Johnson's Vice President Hubert Humphrey. In the election Nixon promised to end the war in six months. In July 1969, he announced the withdrawal of 60,000 U.S. troops from Vietnam, while secretly ordering an bombing of Viet Cong positions in Cambodia.

The number of soldiers in South Vietnam dropped from a peak of 554,000 in April 1969 to 475,200 at the end of 1969. By this time 40,024 American soldiers had been killed. By the end of Nixon’s first term in 1972 the number of American casualties per months was reduced from 1,200 to 30. In 1973 the number of American troops in South Vietnam was reduced to 30,000.

NIXON AND THE VIETNAM WAR

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

LBJ lied us into a worthless War we should never have fought

Progressive Protestors tried to correct LBJ's terrible mistake

Nixon ended the draft to end the protests and set the stage for ...

jrbush lying us into an even more Worthless, never-ending War.

Want to end the needless slaughter of our brave troops whenever POTUS needs a boost in the polls or thinks he can grab the oil? Bring back the draft and make it Universal so all the snowflakes will know if we have a war, THEY will be on the front lines, and we'll never send our Troops anywhere they don't have to be to protect the actual interests of the USA.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Your point?

http://www.americanwarlibrary.com/vietnam/vwatl.htm

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Your point?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

Nam troops:

1960 - Ike - Republican - 900 

1963 - JFK - Democrat - 16,300

1968 - LBJ - Democrat - 536,100

Your point?????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@nctarheel wrote:

You obviously skip right over my point so I'll make it again. What party got us into.... got us into.....got us into... got us into....NOT ESCALATED....NOT ESCALATED.... NOT ESCALATED Vietnam.

Perhaps you should do more research into our entry into a conflict in Vietnam.  But the question should be asked if you can differentiate between having miliary in Vietnam and when we entered into hostilities?

Yes military advisors were sent to South Vietnam under the Eisenhower administration.  They were there purely in an advisory role, not as combat troops.  However under John F Kennedy our role was escalated by a deeper involvement of our military in conducting operations. A suggested reference can be found at http://www.historynet.com/vietnam-war if you would consider that one of your reputable sources.

As far as my connections to the country: while in Washington routine classified messages, or SITREPS, came across my desk since our unit was info'd on them, plus after being assigned to Vietnam I came across further info.  Then after the fall of South Vietnam I was privileged to make friends with a refugee, a former Colonel of their General Staff.  We had many interesting discussions in my home.

So what it the source of your information?  I do have an idea of who is attempting to change the truth.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Perhaps you should read my post, with bias, and I said that Johnson escalated the conflict.  I was at the Pentagon at the time, and also watched it on TV.    

You obviously skip right over my point so I'll make it again. What party got us into.... got us into.....got us into... got us into....NOT ESCALATED....NOT ESCALATED.... NOT ESCALATED Vietnam.

It was Eisenhower, a Republican, as my original post attested to, Republicans get us into LOSING WARS.

No matter how you try to change history as a means to reach your own ends, the truth is the truth.

It doesn't matter if you were in the Pentagon, it doesn't matter if you have Vietnamese in your family, it doesn't matter whether you watched it on TV.... the truth is the truth.... quit trying to change the truth.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@rker321 wrote:

As I have often stated  two wrong never make a right  I certainly don't approve on how Johnson dealt with the Viet Nam war. but that is now in the past.

A good many of us felt that he was wrong even at the time.  But the philosophy was the domino theory and Johnson was anxious to get involved in the war.  It was said that his wife had interests in many companies that profited by our involvement.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20
Image result for bait on a hook gif
Kudos
Views