Introducing the Problem-Solving Strategy Challenge, the latest interactive brain exercise from Staying Sharp! Get started now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Words matter

Message 1 of 10

Older scout-I hear you brother

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

scout - from "this day foreward." the specific day to vary depending on when Agent Orange sells that section of I-State built with YOUR taxdollars.

afisher - a percentage of his voters have been thoroughly brainwashed.    Any fact that doesn't fit inside their bubble, they say just couldn't be possible.

P. T. Barnum: "There’s a sucker born every minute.”    

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Prosecco6247 wrote:

Wow...would it be wrong of me to hope for a tiny plague that would cause Trump to be struck speechless?  

It seems to me that he is stirring up the frustrations of the masses that cover this country like a miasma.  As a consequence of his blather, they are looking for a scapegoat upon which to act out their anger.  Does Trump care???  No...he sees it as more proof that he is right. 

I don't see anything that will (a) slow down his bombast and (b) make his words more palatable.  He's all about the drama, all about being adored by his followers, all about proving that he's richer, smarter, better than everyone else.

Is he all about leading this nation and serving the public???  No, most definitely not!

Well said....even "learned (sic) me a knew (sic) wurd (sic)"....miasma.  Good word and effective in it's use here.

He's all about transforming America to his and Steve Bannon's vision....mitigate freedom and liberties, while lloking good while trying to save jobs.

for 70 years the only thing that concerned Der Trumper was Der Trumper. The jobs he wants to create are the LCD of wages and benefits so profits increase and the rich prosper.

His idea for repairing our infrastructure is contingent on Congress first repealing Davis Bacon so the contractors Republicans hire to to the repairs can pay the lowest possible wages.

His, and Republicans across the board, want to PRIVATIZE the Interstate so instead of a free roadway supported with taxes on gas and diesle and use taxes to com-pensate for the fact 1 semi = 500 passenger cars, you'll fork over 20 cents per mile to a contractor on your family vacations from "this day foreward." the specific day to vary depending on when Agent Orange sells that section of I-State built with YOUR taxdollars.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@pc6063 wrote:

HATE BREEDS HATE! 

True. But now we've put a racist, misogynist xenophobe in the White House, so

HATE ELECTS HATE!

Thanks to the Hillary haters for moving that along so smartly.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@Prosecco6247 wrote:

Wow...would it be wrong of me to hope for a tiny plague that would cause Trump to be struck speechless?  

It seems to me that he is stirring up the frustrations of the masses that cover this country like a miasma.  As a consequence of his blather, they are looking for a scapegoat upon which to act out their anger.  Does Trump care???  No...he sees it as more proof that he is right. 

I don't see anything that will (a) slow down his bombast and (b) make his words more palatable.  He's all about the drama, all about being adored by his followers, all about proving that he's richer, smarter, better than everyone else.

Is he all about leading this nation and serving the public???  No, most definitely not!

Well said....even "learned (sic) me a knew (sic) wurd (sic)"....miasma.  Good word and effective in it's use here.

He's all about transforming America to his and Steve Bannon's vision....mitigate freedom and liberties, while looking good while trying to save jobs.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@Prosecco6247 wrote:

A RECESSION - may do the trick for many.     But if you listen to the attendees of CPAC, a percentage of his voters have been thoroughly brainwashed.    Any fact that doesn't fit inside their bubble, they say just couldn't be possible.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

HATE BREEDS HATE! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

This is tragic.   Smiley Sad 

Yes, they matter.  After 9/11, George Bush said repeatedly, "Islam is not the enemy."  And that helped.  It really did.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Words matter

Message 10 of 10

As Donald's words continue to spew hatred for anyone who does not fit the white anglo saxon vision of America, some people are taking those words to mean time for action.

Last night a 51 yo exNavy guy sitting in a bar watching college basketball apparently decided to do something.   So he shot and killed a man and wounded another.    Two of the men shot were of  men of “middle-eastern” or “Indian” ethnicity.  They were employed by a local employer:  Garmin.   hey worked on the Aviation Systems Engineering team. Unfortunately, according to a Garmin statement, Mr. Kuchibhotla has died:

Mr. Kuchibhotia  had a master’s degree in electrical and electronics engineering from the University of Texas at El Paso. He earned his bachelor’s degree at the Jawaharial Nehru Technological University. He worked on helicopter systems.    followup:  http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134459444.html

This is something that everyone here yelling about immigrants might take a moment to reflect on before they fire up their hateful rhetoric with their BFFs.    Words have meanings and some who may not be in the best of mental health may decide to take action.    People are being needlessly killed because of Donalds hateful rhetoric that the Republicans are embracing.    

And a veteran will now spend his remaining life behind bars because he believed Donald.     The only way that Donald may dial back his rhetoric is if the Republicans take a stand...will you or are you so callous that you don't care if innocent people die?  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs