Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wiretap claims - a failed attempt at distraction

Message 21 of 56

@sp362 wrote:

gordyfl  As I look at your post again I cannot help but notice this:

You posted:

"Binney resigned from NSA shortly after the U.S. approach to intelligence changed. He "became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop -- nicknamed ThinThread -- were being used to spy on Americans," PBS reported."

The actual paragraph in the story read:

Binney resigned from NSA shortly after the U.S. approach to intelligence changed following the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. He "became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop -- nicknamed ThinThread -- were being used to spy on Americans," PBS reported.

Why did you see the need to edit out the date?

I am truly interested in gordyfl's answer to your questions.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 56

@gordyfl wrote:

If Trump or anyone associated with his Presidency or Campaign is picked up on a FISA Wiretap talking to some Russian on the phone already under surveillance while in Trump Tower and it becomes part of a intelligence transcript/report...

...and presented to the Democratic president. Interesting. If the president used the information only for the good of the nation - fine. If the Democratic Party leader uses the info in a partisan way, then it becomes a problem.

The president having that information prompt him to ask that the FBI investgate those who had contact with the Russians is "using it for the good of the nation".

Was all of the fruitless investgations on Hillary using the FBI in a "partisan" way ?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 56

gordyfl  As I look at your post again I cannot help but notice this:

You posted:

"Binney resigned from NSA shortly after the U.S. approach to intelligence changed. He "became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop -- nicknamed ThinThread -- were being used to spy on Americans," PBS reported."

The actual paragraph in the story read:

Binney resigned from NSA shortly after the U.S. approach to intelligence changed following the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. He "became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop -- nicknamed ThinThread -- were being used to spy on Americans," PBS reported.

Why did you see the need to edit out the date?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 56

gordyfl,

The problem with the link you give about "whistleblower Bill Binney" is that Binney resigned his NSA position in 2001 and could have NO first hand knowledge.  This is a non-story from somebody who can not back up what he is saying.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 56

NSA Whistleblower Backs Trump Up on Wiretap Claims

President Donald Trump is "absolutely right" to claim he was wiretapped and monitored, a former NSA official claimed Monday.

"I think the president is absolutely right. His phone calls, everything he did electronically, was being monitored," Bill Binney, a 36-year veteran of the National Security Agency.

Binney resigned from NSA shortly after the U.S. approach to intelligence changed. He "became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop -- nicknamed ThinThread -- were being used to spy on Americans," PBS reported.

Binney seemed to go further than the assessment of former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, a George W. Bush administration official, who offered a tacit defense of Trump to ABC on Sunday.

"This is the difference between being correct and right," Mukasey said. "The president was not correct in saying President Obama ordered a tap on a server in Trump Tower. However, I think he's right in that there was surveillance and that it was conducted at the behest of the attorney general – at the Justice Department through the FISA court."

But Binney said, "I think the FISA court's basically totally irrelevant."

The judges on the FISA court are "not even concerned, nor are they involved in any way with the Executive Order 12333 collection," Binney said during a radio interview. "That's all done outside of the courts. And outside of the Congress."

Binney did say events such as publication of details of private calls between President Trump and the Australian prime minister, as well as with the Mexican president, are evidence the intelligence community is playing hardball with the White House.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-03-07/nsa-whistleblower-bill-binney-says-tru...

trump wiki.jpg

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 56

If Trump or anyone associated with his Presidency or Campaign is picked up on a FISA Wiretap talking to some Russian on the phone already under surveillance while in Trump Tower and it becomes part of a intelligence transcript/report...

...and presented to the Democratic president. Interesting. If the president used the information only for the good of the nation - fine. If the Democratic Party leader uses the info in a partisan way, then it becomes a problem.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 56

Mick--dah dah!! Well said, my friend, well said!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 56

mick - he has no idea about how the Government he is supposed to be leading actually works and he refuses to do the research to find out.  He is not going to change.  Ever.

Image result for images I want my way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awa5CWoFgbs

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 56

Gordyfl--thanks for info. Interesting piece!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 56

Gordyfl--Grabbing attention is exactly what "Little Donnie" wants.  It's something to divert attention away from all his illegal and stupid words and activities, not to mention a narcissist loves attention.  Be careful to keep your eye on the real story, (stories), as Trump and fellow con artists, although not very good at it, are constantly creating new smoke screens. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs