From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wiretap claims - a failed attempt at distraction

Message 1 of 56

It's time Trump realizes that he's not in his boardroom bullying people with his lies, threats, and accusations.  Although I'm not sure he's capable of fully recognizing reality, it's about to hit him in his big fat A.

In the past, when a president was in trouble, whether Republican or Democrat, I always hoped for the best--I have no hope for this fool.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 56

The House Intel Panel wants proof of wire tapping accusations by Monday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/house-intelligence-panel-wants-wiretapping-evidence-mon...

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 56

Alferdpacker--pence is the lesser of two evils--personally, i feel that anyone who would align themselves with Trump is doubtful at best.  However, if Trump is removed, well, we've got the lesser of two evils.

out of curiosity, when you speak about pence forcing his opinions on others, are you talking about conversion therapy?  That crazy idea makes me disgusted-so ignorant 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 56

@umbarch64 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Umbarch64--you may not like Pence's ideals, but he's not a raving lunatic.  Don't think he's stupid enough to drag us into WWIII either. 

No...he isn't a 'raving lunatic'.    I don't think he is stupid....tucked away behind the Mr. Clean exterior is an ideologue.  I disagree with his ideology.  It is bad for people and other growing things. 

Agreed - deep inside is an evil dishonest ideologue who believes that he has the god-given right to force everyone else to do what he believes is correct.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 56

@sp362 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

The actual paragraph in the story read:

Binney resigned from NSA shortly after the U.S. approach to intelligence changedfollowing the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. He "became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop -- nicknamed ThinThread -- were being used to spy on Americans," PBS reported.

Why did you see the need to edit out the date?

I am truly interested in gordyfl's answer to your questions.

I edited quite a few words in my post - to keep it concise. Then I provided the link to the full story.

For those who didn't know -- The Patriot Act and the NSA Spy Program came after 911 - not before. 

What you edited out (you did it again in the second paragraph) were any reference to dates.  From what you posted, anybody who does not know anything about Binney would be under the impression that he recently resigned and must therefore know something that he could not know. 

You noticed.  So did I.  Interesting how often this sort of thing recurs and which ideology uses it.  There has to be an entire psychological/sociological/poly-sci doctoral thesis in progress....even as you read this.  S'pose it might get published?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 56

@pc6063 wrote:

Umbarch64--you may not like Pence's ideals, but he's not a raving lunatic.  Don't think he's stupid enough to drag us into WWIII either. 

No...he isn't a 'raving lunatic'.    I don't think he is stupid....tucked away behind the Mr. Clean exterior is an ideologue.  I disagree with his ideology.  It is bad for people and other growing things. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 56

@gordyfl wrote:

What does any of that have to do with Binney being able to know something about a surveillance program that would have occured over 15 years after he left?

Although Binney was told he was cleared of wrongdoing after three interviews with FBI agents beginning in March 2007, a dozen agents with guns drawn appeared at his house a few months later, one of whom entered his bathroom and pointed his weapon at Binney, who was coming out of the shower.

In that raid, the FBI confiscated a desktop computer, disks, and personal and business records. The following day, NSA revoked his security clearance, forcing him to close a business he ran with Loomis and Wiebe.

https://consortiumnews.com/2014/12/22/nsas-binney-honored-for-integrity/

Binney says he and two other NSA colleagues who also quit tried sounding the alarm with congressional committees. But because they did not have documents to prove their charges, nobody believed them. Snowden, he says, did not repeat that mistake.

"He recognized right away, it was very clear to me, that if he wanted anybody to believe him, he'd have to take a lot of documentation with him — which is what he did," Binney says.

http://www.npr.org/2014/07/22/333741495/before-snowden-the-whistleblowers-who-tried-to-lift-the-veil

Look over here !!! Look over here !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 56

@gordyfl wrote:

The president having that information prompt him to ask that the FBI investgate those who had contact with the Russians is "using it for the good of the nation".

Was all of the fruitless investgations on Hillary using the FBI in a "partisan" way ?

That was my point. Partisan politics come into play. Democrats will defend their president even if it means using James Clapper, Michael Hayden or John McCain as good sources of opinion. Democrats will defend the Patriot Act when Obama comes under criticism and put the spy program under suspicion when Bush is president. 

I said nothing about any of those things. Countless Republican  investigations of Hillary and nothing found. Partisan.

Are you honestly saying that several in Trump's organization having closed meetings with the Russians during his campaign and after should not be investigated? Really????? Any government official, including Obama, would be derelict in their duties to not push for an investigation.Thank goodness there are some reasonable Republicans in Washington that disagree with you.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 56

I disagree that it failed. Sessions was out of the news for several days after Trump's Tinfoil Hat moment. It DID distract the media from the latest burning dumpster. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 56

gordyfl wrote "What Binney did not delve into, however, was if President Obama directed surveillance on Trump for political purposes during the campaign, a core accusation of Trump's.

Binney said "I think that's what happened here".

So how does the opinion (I think) of a private citizen who has no first hand knowledge rise to the level of "proof"?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors