WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will Trump close the government again?

Message 1 of 5

@john258 wrote:

Simple answer. If he thinks it will benefit him. YES. Chances I am wrong zero.

I do not think Trump will be able to cut Medicare or get his wall money. All should make sure I think correctly. Do not vote for Trump or anyone with an R behind their name.

I also think it is telling that no one on the right disputed that Trump is the one who shut down the government. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Simple answer. If he thinks it will benefit him. YES. Chances I am wrong zero.

I do not think Trump will be able to cut Medicare or get his wall money. All should make sure I think correctly. Do not vote for Trump or anyone with an R behind their name.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Trump is an idiot!

He hasn't got a "clue" as to how to run a government.

And if you look at his track record, he really doesn't know how to run a big business enterprise either.  In reality, the only reason why the TRUMP business has been able to stay in business is due to his branding salesmanship (his ability to lie and exaggerate) and whatever finance guys his been able to cluster who actually do the work of keeping the wheels rolling on his big dumb bus.

So when you ask the question, will he close the government again?  Who can tell.  But that's the price we all have to pay for letting Freddy Krueger (Trump's alter-ego) drive the bus! 

P. S. ~ If you remember, it never ended well for the riders when Freddy was at the wheel.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

I hope our government will remain open. I did see on my local news, Trump wants additional funds for his wall. With Trump your guess is as good as mine.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Will Trump close the government again?

Message 5 of 5

In keeping with their inability to govern, the Republicans are reluctant to stand up to Donald Trump and nobody knows what he will do. You will remember that the Republicans and Democrats had hammered out a deal using Trump's statements of what he would accept as a baseline. Then, the conservative opinion shows hammered Trump so he changed his mind, refused to sign it, and we had the longest government closure in our history. 

Will he do it again? 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/09/trump-budget-1214791

Kudos
Views
Replies