Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will Trump Resign In 2019 To Spare His Family?

Message 1 of 11

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

I really don't think Trump will resign because resigning would be in his mind a "weak" thing to do.  I think 45 will continue to deny and lie and deflect until the bitter end.  And if he makes it through the next two years, I think by then he will have put some kinda way of escaping any future prosecutions be they State or federal.  Afterall, he is a consummate con.

I agree that he is a con artist.  If prosecuted and found guilty on Federal charges, Pence or another president will pardon him.  However, I think that after all the smoke clears, the state of New York will prosecute him.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

Trump can and will issue pardons to spare his family. If Trump ever resigns, you can bet we'll see his own Nixon/Ford-style pardon follow.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

NO,  !!!!!!  he is too much of a self centered individual to understand that he has been a failure as a President.  He thinks he is great, he knows more about everything than anyone in existence. and his followers will not at least try to bring him down gently.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11
It may be one option open to Trump depending on the severity of the potential charges found against him after Muellers final report comes out. Alot of course too, will depend on how Republicans or should I say the Trump party, because the Republican party has been totally replaced by the Trump party, responds to the potential charges as well.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  "Instead, the self-professed supreme dealmaker will use his presidency as a bargaining chip with federal and state authorities in 2019, agreeing to leave office in exchange for the relevant authorities not pursuing criminal charges against him, his children or the Trump Organization."

That sounds plausible. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens like this:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Would trump do anything to spare his family?

Not if it involved his making any personal sacrifices...

Selfish greedy liddle donnie always comes first.

44>45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

ChasKy53:  "Instead, the self-professed supreme dealmaker will use his presidency as a bargaining chip with federal and state authorities in 2019, agreeing to leave office in exchange for the relevant authorities not pursuing criminal charges against him, his children or the Trump Organization."

That sounds plausible. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens like this:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I still believe Jared, Ivanka or Donny Jr. will be indicted on something. Will they turn on Trump? 

I don't think Ivanka would turn on her father. Donny Jr. - even less likely. Jared? Hmmm...possibly, but I don't think so. 

It's possible Trump will want to stick around as long as he can (pardons). 

Michael Moore weighed in on this. When it comes to predicting, he has been right on some issues when many others have been wrong. 

This is what Michael Moore had to say...

Michael Moore: "Here's probably what won't happen because, especially New Yorkers know this, Trump got away with everything, for like 40 years. That streak shouldn't end this year, more than likely, because, I think, Trump has always been careful not to 'be in the room' when the crime is being committed. I think he's very canny. An evil genius."

Personally, I think Michael Moore is giving Trump more credit than I would..

trump perfectionist.jpg

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

I really don't think Trump will resign because resigning would be in his mind a "weak" thing to do.  I think 45 will continue to deny and lie and deflect until the bitter end.  And if he makes it through the next two years, I think by then he will have put some kinda way of escaping any future prosecutions be they State or federal.  Afterall, he is a consummate con.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

The only deal Democrats should consider is for at least 20 Republicans in the Senate vote to convict after the House impeaches the gutless twit, then have Trump plead "nolo congtendere" to all the charges against him, and Pence pardon him.

If Yertle and the GOPers insist we put up with the infantile traitor past 1 June 2019, lil donny and his spawn go to trial the day he leaves office.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

So ............ will Lil' Donnie use "the art of the deal" and the presidency to keep him and his family from being indicted and prosecuted?  I guess time will tell, but it does sound like something trump would try to do. He has proven he has no respect for the office of the presidency, or respect for America. Using the presidency as a bargaining chip to save his and some of his family member's rear-ends is far from something he wouldn't do, IMHO.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views