Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 71 of 79

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Azunsky said, "Will those "6 MILLION Americans" become happier or sadder between 1/28/19 and 4/15/19?"

I have no clue ... .

Darn, no old liberal mind reader trick or prophesy.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 72 of 79

William, the estimate is almost $2 Trillion added to the deficit because of the Trump GOP Tax Plan. That's a big reason interest rates are soaring and the stock market is collapsing.

Another big factor is the massive spending in the 2018 GOP federal budget. The markets do not like to see major increases in the borrowing levels of the federal government.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 79

@CriticalThinking

I imagine that both Az and NH will be overjoyed about the trillion plus addition to the our deficit for the young people of today to have in the future as a result of the tax cut. And I’m sure that they enjoy seeing everyday Americans having their pockets picked to support the wealthy. 

Merry Christmas??

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 79

Arzunsky said, "Will those "6 MILLION Americans" become happier or sadder between 1/28/19 and 4/15/19?"

I have no clue, but that wasn't the point of my post. Not Happening always blames the Dems for increasing the number of people who pay no federal tax. This time it was his beloved Supreme Leader in the White House.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 79

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Once again, Not Happening is not in touch with the FACTS. The Trump GOP tax plan ADDED approximately another 6 MILLION Americans to the category which pays no federal income tax. Let me repeat, that was the GOP Tax Plan which Not Happening loves so much.

Will those "6 MILLION Americans" become happier or sadder between 1/28/19 and 4/15/19?

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 79

Once again, Not Happening is not in touch with the FACTS. The Trump GOP tax plan ADDED approximately another 6 MILLION Americans to the category which pays no federal income tax. Let me repeat, that was the GOP Tax Plan that added 6 million to the non paying category. Yes, that's the same tax plan which Not Happening loves so much.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory

Some people fill out their tax forms even though they don't have to, just in case they need it or the information therein, later.  For example, a filed 1040 can be used as proof of low income in order to get SNAP.  And, SNAP can be used to get $10/month high speed internet from AT&T.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 79

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 79 of 79

Between approximately 1/28/19 and 4/15/19, many Americans will fill out the new 1040 tax form which will look something like this:

1040.1.png

1040.2.png

and, they will see much less of this:

15-liberty-tax_w700_h700.jpg

Presumably, the people in the photo above will hate Trump more than ever.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors