From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 61 of 79

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 79

@williamb39198 This is where I tend to get really confused because I was lead to believe the Republicans do not like BIG GOVERNMENT, like the social programs specifically. But, they tend to want big government standing up for the policing of the world at grandios amounts, a corporate cronyism standing up for their God given right to bear military type weapons, as many profess to be of Christian desscendant?!

No, I also do not believe that the government should be so large that it is control of one who is not of the higher, silver spoon status and control in the guise of safety either that rose out of greed of capitalism. Or will turn the will of that party into the "our way or no other" as they can manipulate the specifically targeted. Who can also tend to dismiss those of a belief system that does not agree with policy?

Yes, these are indeed very confusing times and our Country goes thru it's growing pains of the "teenage years"?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 79

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.

Here we go again with the fiction of a tax cut. We got a tax increase but by moving money around and people that have trouble understanding things do not understand that. Here are 2 examples of our tax increase. My local city is rebuilding a pool complex. It came in at 6 million, and city got voter approval. That took about 2 years. They now are starting to build but the cost has gone up to 8.8 million. Reason. Trumps tariffs. The State was informed that the Feds. will pay 3% less for medicaid next year so state taxpayers have to pick  up that cost. This is how Trump gives a tax cut, and only his far right enablers would believe him, and the experts have told us who makes up the far right enablers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 79

Motives by trump and supporters become transparent:

-Party over country

-Invoke fear

-Divide the populace from the truth

I consider myself a moderate, like good ideas from anyone, and do not suffer fools. I too am proud to stand for my values and what I believe in, especially my Country, and will rail against those that want to destroy it. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 66 of 79

I'm LOL. In Trump World, anyone who opposes their hero and idol in the White House, because they believe in the principles which make America so special, is defined as a liberal by Trump Cult members. You see, they no longer put their country first, they put loyalty to Comrade Trump as their first and only priority

In their warped alternate reality, anyone who stands up to the tyranny offered by Trump must be the enemy. And in their world, the enemy is defined as liberals. That's so pathetic.

I'm proud to be an American who opposes the Criminal Enterprise in the White House and threatens the democracy we've grown up with. I'm proud to stand up for the values I believe in. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 79

CT, I don’t doubt that it may approach 2 trillion. Plus I’m sure that there will be added expense from his destructive policies, in order to fix them. 

And we haven’t heard trump bragging about the stock market much lately have we! He brags about himself being the reason that it went up...will he take responsibility for the decline?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 79

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Aruzinksy said about my factual post, "Darn, no old liberal mind reader trick or prophesy."

I'm a conservative. I am not a liberal, I've always been an independent thinker and voter.

As you keep saying and I keep forgetting and will continue to forget.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 69 of 79

Aruzinksy said about my factual post, "Darn, no old liberal mind reader trick or prophesy."

I'm a conservative. I am not a liberal, I've always been an independent thinker and voter.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 79

@williamb39198 wrote:

@CriticalThinking

I imagine that both Az and NH will be overjoyed about the trillion plus addition to the our deficit for the young people of today to have in the future as a result of the tax cut. And I’m sure that they enjoy seeing everyday Americans having their pockets picked to support the wealthy. 

Merry Christmas??

Never Forget

The old liberal mind reader trick and prophesy strikes again!

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors