From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 51 of 79

Not a building contractor, but a contractor who is not an employee. There are millions of us in every industry, which you apparently didn't know. We're also called 1099 workers, because that's the form the company gives us at the end of the year for the tax man.

Interesting that that's all you took from my post.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 79

It looks like we will be lucky to make Jan. 1st before depression time by the Stock Market today. With our mentally channeled Dictator in the White House alone looks like he has really gone nuts.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 79

"Here's your Big Mac for the decrease in taxes...........BTW, you now owe a Trillion dollars and Trump just trashed your retirement plan. "

Yeah. I think the attitude is going to be adjusted when the facts become apparent. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 79

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.

Personally I am deeply offended by your casual insistence that left posters "pay no net income taxes."

I don't know about other lefties, here, but as an older American who is too young for Medicare but too old to get a good job with insurance, I currently earn less than half of what I did 10 years ago as a professional marketer, when I was pulling down $80,000.

I have been working since I was 16, thank you very much.

I am a contractor, of course, so employers don't have to pay for insurance or, painfully, any contributions to FICA etc. I pay ALL of my FICA. Basically double what others pay. Should I be let go, which can happen for no reason other than the company decides to go in a different direction, I will not be eligible for unemployment.

I also work as a contractor for another company. I can't make ends meet without two jobs. 

I buy insurance via Obamacare because while I am in good health and in fact am a competitive swimmer, there are just some things that require a doctor's care. My rates continue to go up because of the removal of the individual mandate.

I know from one of your posts that you're on Medicare, and presumably are comfortable enough to be retired.

Therefore I DEEPLY RESENT your sneer at lefties, including me. How dare you make assumptions like that? What kind of person are you?

I understand that this kind of post may well get me booted permanently, but I don't care. I continually read rightie whining about how lazy all lefties are as I sit here struggling to earn a living, and I'm finally SO EFFING TIRED of the self-satisfied, smarmy rightwing bigots assuming that lefties don't work, when in fact the harder I've worked, the less I've gotten year after year after year.

In fact, I'll pretty much be working until lunchtime on the day of my funeral. Yet YOU righties worship the corporate slime who have taken everything from the middle class, including me. And you turn around and mock us, just to add insult to injury.

I also know righties will respond to this without shame, and will babble about Hillary and Dems and other deflections from the truth -- because you KNOW the truth. But as long as YOU'RE comfortable, you just. don't. care about anyone else.

How dare you?

Is it true that building contractors act as lawyers with regard to building codes and often tell customers that unnecessary work will have to be done to comply with fake (made up) building codes? 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.

Personally I am deeply offended by your casual insistence that left posters "pay no net income taxes."

I don't know about other lefties, here, but as an older American who is too young for Medicare but too old to get a good job with insurance, I currently earn less than half of what I did 10 years ago as a professional marketer, when I was pulling down $80,000.

I have been working since I was 16, thank you very much.

I am a contractor, of course, so employers don't have to pay for insurance or, painfully, any contributions to FICA etc. I pay ALL of my FICA. Basically double what others pay. Should I be let go, which can happen for no reason other than the company decides to go in a different direction, I will not be eligible for unemployment.

I also work as a contractor for another company. I can't make ends meet without two jobs. 

I buy insurance via Obamacare because while I am in good health and in fact am a competitive swimmer, there are just some things that require a doctor's care. My rates continue to go up because of the removal of the individual mandate.

I know from one of your posts that you're on Medicare, and presumably are comfortable enough to be retired.

In fact, I'll pretty much be working until lunchtime on the day of my funeral. Yet YOU righties worship the corporate slime who have taken everything from the middle class, including me. And you turn around and mock us, just to add insult to injury.

I also know righties will respond to this without shame, and will babble about Hillary and Dems and other deflections from the truth -- because you KNOW the truth. But as long as YOU'RE comfortable, you just. don't. care about anyone else.

How dare you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 79

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The tiny tax break middle class voters received via the GOP tax plan has been demolished by rising interests rates on:

• auto loans
  • credit card loans
  • tuition loans
  • mortgage loans

The entire country is suffering with a deficit which could rise another $2 Trillion. And now the stock market had it's worst December (so far) since the global recession in 2008.

ONLY people paying (net) income taxes got a tax cut.  Those people NOT paying taxes did NOT!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 57 of 79

The tiny tax break middle class voters received via the GOP tax plan has been demolished by rising interests rates on:

• auto loans
  • credit card loans
  • tuition loans
  • mortgage loans

The entire country is suffering with a deficit which could rise another $2 Trillion. And now the stock market had it's worst December (so far) since the global recession in 2008.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 79

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Arzunsky said, "Will those "6 MILLION Americans" become happier or sadder between 1/28/19 and 4/15/19?"

I have no clue, but that wasn't the point of my post. Not Happening always blames the Dems for increasing the number of people who pay no federal tax. This time it was his beloved Supreme Leader in the White House.

As a leftist, you probably didn't notice that Trump gave those people the tax cut and not the Dems.  Democrats ONLY increase taxes, not decrease taxes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 79

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Except, of course, that the money going to corporations are going to fund stock buybacks. If the purpose had been to help the economy, Trump would have fixed our infrastructure. That would create a demand for labor, increase purchases of capital goods, and provided an improved infrastructure.  This just provided more welfare for corporations and took away one of the most effective tools in fighting next year's Trump recession. 

Top U.S. companies are getting in on the act. Apple is leading the way, with nearly $64 billion in buybacks as of Sept. 30, according to Birinyi Associates, followed by Qualcomm ($34 billion), Cisco ($19 billion), Oracle ($18 billion) and Bank of America ($15.8 billion).

Warren Buffett repurchased nearly $1 billion of Berkshire Hathaway shares, although the billionaire Omaha investor has been reluctant to buy back shares in the past.

Sure that is one of many things corporations do to strengthen their position. Also some hire, some build, some give bonuses. But the bottom line is that as a result, more people are now working and that benefits a lot of people.

But, again, most people do not look around for someone who has more to harrumph about - those are the bitter (for whatever reason) few. Most people just enjoy what they have and are happy when it increases. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Except, of course, that the money going to corporations are going to fund stock buybacks. If the purpose had been to help the economy, Trump would have fixed our infrastructure. That would create a demand for labor, increase purchases of capital goods, and provided an improved infrastructure.  This just provided more welfare for corporations and took away one of the most effective tools in fighting next year's Trump recession. 

Top U.S. companies are getting in on the act. Apple is leading the way, with nearly $64 billion in buybacks as of Sept. 30, according to Birinyi Associates, followed by Qualcomm ($34 billion), Cisco ($19 billion), Oracle ($18 billion) and Bank of America ($15.8 billion).

Warren Buffett repurchased nearly $1 billion of Berkshire Hathaway shares, although the billionaire Omaha investor has been reluctant to buy back shares in the past.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors