From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 41 of 79

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.

Did your economics 101 not tell you that tax cuts put money in the hands of the consumer thereby creating demand and tax cuts in the hands of the corporation provides the means to produce the goods and services in demand?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 79

@aruzinsky wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Once again, Not Happening is not in touch with the FACTS. The Trump GOP tax plan ADDED approximately another 6 MILLION Americans to the category which pays no federal income tax. Let me repeat, that was the GOP Tax Plan which Not Happening loves so much.

Will those "6 MILLION Americans" become happier or sadder between 1/28/19 and 4/15/19?

If they have a working knowledge of 5th grade math, they will be much sadder because they paid almost no tax before and the cost of all the things they need to buy to survive have increased by $840.00 while the reduction in their taxes was less than $300.00.

What about the hundreds of Corpo0rations who now pay no Federal income tax on net earnings over $1,000,000,000.00? What about the Corporate Oligarchs who used $1 TRILLION of their profits from the taxscam to buy back company stock so their personal stock options increased by tens of millions of taxfree dollars?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.

Personally I am deeply offended by your casual insistence that left posters "pay no net income taxes."

I don't know about other lefties, here, but as an older American who is too young for Medicare but too old to get a good job with insurance, I currently earn less than half of what I did 10 years ago as a professional marketer, when I was pulling down $80,000.

I have been working since I was 16, thank you very much.

I am a contractor, of course, so employers don't have to pay for insurance or, painfully, any contributions to FICA etc. I pay ALL of my FICA. Basically double what others pay. Should I be let go, which can happen for no reason other than the company decides to go in a different direction, I will not be eligible for unemployment.

I also work as a contractor for another company. I can't make ends meet without two jobs. 

I buy insurance via Obamacare because while I am in good health and in fact am a competitive swimmer, there are just some things that require a doctor's care. My rates continue to go up because of the removal of the individual mandate.

I know from one of your posts that you're on Medicare, and presumably are comfortable enough to be retired.

Therefore I DEEPLY RESENT your sneer at lefties, including me. How dare you make assumptions like that? What kind of person are you?

I understand that this kind of post may well get me booted permanently, but I don't care. I continually read rightie whining about how lazy all lefties are as I sit here struggling to earn a living, and I'm finally SO EFFING TIRED of the self-satisfied, smarmy rightwing bigots assuming that lefties don't work, when in fact the harder I've worked, the less I've gotten year after year after year.

In fact, I'll pretty much be working until lunchtime on the day of my funeral. Yet YOU righties worship the corporate slime who have taken everything from the middle class, including me. And you turn around and mock us, just to add insult to injury.

I also know righties will respond to this without shame, and will babble about Hillary and Dems and other deflections from the truth -- because you KNOW the truth. But as long as YOU'RE comfortable, you just. don't. care about anyone else.

How dare you?

How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

How dare YOU! The truth hurts.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

You said what you said. It is NEVER the truth when you make blanket statements like that.

And it is deeply offensive to hard-working people who also happen to be lefties. And you are doubling down on the insult. 

Of course, posters here are protected by the TOS so you feel perfectly comfortable posting such vile things. 

YOU are in tall cotton with your Medicare and your retirement, so you feel free to insult and demean others who work just as hard as you do but have not had your good fortune.

Have you no shame or decency?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

So, Nothappening .................... who on the left here in your opinion pays "no net income taxes"That certainly isn't true for me. Who are you speaking of? Give your mind-reading capabilities a test and list a few.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 79

@aruzinsky wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.

Personally I am deeply offended by your casual insistence that left posters "pay no net income taxes."

I don't know about other lefties, here, but as an older American who is too young for Medicare but too old to get a good job with insurance, I currently earn less than half of what I did 10 years ago as a professional marketer, when I was pulling down $80,000.

I am a contractor, of course, so employers don't have to pay for insurance or, painfully, any contributions to FICA etc. I pay ALL of my FICA. Basically double what others pay. Should I be let go, which can happen for no reason other than the company decides to go in a different direction, I will not be eligible for unemployment.

I also work as a contractor for another company. I can't make ends meet without two jobs. 

I buy insurance via Obamacare because while I am in good health and in fact am a competitive swimmer, there are just some things that require a doctor's care. My rates continue to go up because of the removal of the individual mandate.

I know from one of your posts that you're on Medicare, and presumably are comfortable enough to be retired.

Therefore I DEEPLY RESENT your sneer at lefties, including me. How dare you make assumptions like that? What kind of person are you?

I understand that this kind of post may well get me booted permanently, but I don't care. I continually read rightie whining about how lazy all lefties are as I sit here struggling to earn a living, and I'm finally SO EFFING TIRED of the self-satisfied, smarmy rightwing bigots assuming that lefties don't work, when in fact the harder I've worked, the less I've gotten year after year after year.

In fact, I'll pretty much be working until lunchtime on the day of my funeral. Yet YOU righties worship the corporate slime who have taken everything from the middle class, including me. And you turn around and mock us, just to add insult to injury.

I also know righties will respond to this without shame, and will babble about Hillary and Dems and other deflections from the truth -- because you KNOW the truth. But as long as YOU'RE comfortable, you just. don't. care about anyone else.

How dare you?

Is it true that building contractors act as lawyers with regard to building codes and often tell customers that unnecessary work will have to be done to comply with fake (made up) building codes? 

Is it true that radical right wingers ask left wingers insulting questions that imply accusatory and negatively immoral things about left wingers?

I too have worked all of my life. I have been on Medicare for a year and still continue working and drawing social security. I pay a lot of taxes and am far from fitting the erroneous description of "left wingers paying no taxes".

Care to comment on that ? Or just make the same old insults?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Arzunsky said, "Will those "6 MILLION Americans" become happier or sadder between 1/28/19 and 4/15/19?"

I have no clue, but that wasn't the point of my post. Not Happening always blames the Dems for increasing the number of people who pay no federal tax. This time it was his beloved Supreme Leader in the White House.

As a leftist, you probably didn't notice that Trump gave those people the tax cut and not the Dems.  Democrats ONLY increase taxes, not decrease taxes.

History disagrees with your statment and history does not lie.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 79

@aruzinsky wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Aruzinksy said about my factual post, "Darn, no old liberal mind reader trick or prophesy."

I'm a conservative. I am not a liberal, I've always been an independent thinker and voter.

As you keep saying and I keep forgetting and will continue to forget.

That's because anyone on the very far radical right erroneously thinks anyone left of that is a flaming liberal !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

So I'm not on the left because I pay taxes, and plenty of them?  And no, I am not "thrilled" by the tax cuts, they are bad for America, the 1%'s taxes were cut drastically through corporate taxes, permanently. The rest of us got a small temporary cut.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 79

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

How dare you?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors