From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

Message 31 of 79

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

How dare YOU! The truth hurts.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

So, Nothappening .................... who on the left here in your opinion pays "no net income taxes"That certainly isn't true for me. Who are you speaking of? Give your mind-reading capabilities a test and list a few.

As a liberal poster on AARP, if you pay "lots of taxes" and enjoy it for the "sake of the country", you are one unique individual. Most liberals want super high taxes on others to be redistributed to them!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.

Did your economics 101 not tell you that tax cuts put money in the hands of the consumer thereby creating demand and tax cuts in the hands of the corporation provides the means to produce the goods and services in demand?

That is true when it is a true tax cut which this is not. This is a shifting of funds to other taxes, and increasing the dfecit so it hurts the economny. Looks like you missed that class in econ. 101.

When a person's taxes are cut, that is a "true tax cut". I have experienced no "shifting" as a result of the Trump tax cuts. 

I do not have to sit in some imaginary class where they teach negativity to understand the realities.

Not true you still pay the same amount of Tax just in different forms. You have experienced it, and will during 2019 as that is when a lot of the shifting takes place. The experts have told us the traits of the far right enablers, and they would not understand what is going on so could very well not know what happened to them. Education is the key to upward movement and growth in people, and the experts have told us that is something lacking in the far right enablers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 79

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 

Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.

Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.

Did your economics 101 not tell you that tax cuts put money in the hands of the consumer thereby creating demand and tax cuts in the hands of the corporation provides the means to produce the goods and services in demand?

Pleasant dreams to you.

Does anyone have anything intelligent to offer? The above shows my view of the value of tax cuts to the economy. I'm sure there are alternate views also of value - I just haven't seen anything more than class warfare, envy and "economics 101" used as an insult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Pleasant dreams to you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 79

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Only those who get all their news from FOX think the money that was scammed for the Corporations by Trump will add a single job. While a few companies increased their investment in palnt and equipment, the economy as a whole saw such investment DECREASE from last year, and remain well below the levels in 2015 and 2016.

Understandable the Republicans want to make it sound "selfish" if one is upset that all the profits created by the workers is being given to the management, but it's what they've been preaching since the 1920's when bosses were shooting Union organizers.

I think in 2020 people are going to stop hoping anything is going to dribble down from on-high and DEMAND there be a fair and reasonable distribution of income and an end to the reedistribution of income from the middle to the very top.

Employment is up, unemployment is down. I don't think all your class-warfare and envy is going to influence the newly employed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 79

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

That is true when it is a true tax cut which this is not. This is a shifting of funds to other taxes, and increasing the dfecit so it hurts the economny. Looks like you missed that class in econ. 101.

When a person's taxes are cut, that is a "true tax cut". I have experienced no "shifting" as a result of the Trump tax cuts. 

I do not have to sit in some imaginary class where they teach negativity to understand the realities.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 79

Only the bitter find negativity in everything, including a tax cut. Consider the following before making assumptions:

Last 10 Years Inflation Rate by Year, United States

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Only those who get all their news from FOX think the money that was scammed for the Corporations by Trump will add a single job. While a few companies increased their investment in palnt and equipment, the economy as a whole saw such investment DECREASE from last year, and remain well below the levels in 2015 and 2016.

Understandable the Republicans want to make it sound "selfish" if one is upset that all the profits created by the workers is being given to the management, but it's what they've been preaching since the 1920's when bosses were shooting Union organizers.

I think in 2020 people are going to stop hoping anything is going to dribble down from on-high and DEMAND there be a fair and reasonable distribution of income and an end to the reedistribution of income from the middle to the very top.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 79

Mobody in the bottom 90% isgoing to notice more money in their pockets come tax time because the cost of buying what they need to survive has gone up much faster than their taxes have come down.

As for those who have jobs, I doubt the fact almost all of them are making LESS then they got from their last job will fill them with love for the ToadPOTUS.

All the Republican propaganda about rising incomes is a sham because the increases are concentrated at the very top, so while the average INCOME is increasing the income of the AVERAGE worker is still stagnant or going down.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors