From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

166 Views
Message 21 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


I have paid dearly for that Medicare and am still paying for it in spades so that's how I get to complain about Medicare and liberals who are leaching off the government and come here to complain they they don't have enough handouts.

 

That's how!


So who here is "leaching of the government" and "comes here to complain they don't have enough handouts"?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
166
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
167
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

167 Views
Message 22 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

 

How dare YOU! The truth hurts.

 

If the shoe fits, wear it!


So, Nothappening .................... who on the left here in your opinion pays "no net income taxes"That certainly isn't true for me. Who are you speaking of? Give your mind-reading capabilities a test and list a few.


As a liberal poster on AARP, if you pay "lots of taxes" and enjoy it for the "sake of the country", you are one unique individual. Most liberals want super high taxes on others to be redistributed to them!


On reality it sounds like you know nothing of "liberals" and especially those just on the left.  So who on the left here pays "no net income taxes"?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
167
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
163
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

163 Views
Message 23 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 


Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

 

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.


Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.


Did your economics 101 not tell you that tax cuts put money in the hands of the consumer thereby creating demand and tax cuts in the hands of the corporation provides the means to produce the goods and services in demand?


Pleasant dreams to you.


Does anyone have anything intelligent to offer? The above shows my view of the value of tax cuts to the economy. I'm sure there are alternate views also of value - I just haven't seen anything more than class warfare, envy and "economics 101" used as an insult.


Regardless of your "view", cutting taxes on the wealthiest has never created jobs and it never will. Cutting taxes for the wealthiest has never stimulated the economy and it never will. Cutting taxes for the biggest corporations has never created jobs and it never will. Cutting taxes for the biggest corporations does not stimulate the economy and it never will.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
163
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
163
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

163 Views
Message 24 of 79

I had not thought of the impact of the Trump Shutdown on the IRS being ready to implement the Trump Increase the Deficit Tax Bill. 

 

At least one federal agency, the IRS, is sounding the alarm about the shutdown wreaking havoc on the wider public. The agency's union noted that the Republican tax bill goes into affect this season for the first time, meaning IRS employees need training to familiarize themselves with the changes.

But many IRS employees will be furloughed, and if a shutdown drags into January, the agency may find itself unprepared for tax season.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
163
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
162
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

162 Views
Message 25 of 79

Looking at the long, long, long messages going back and forth, I am reminded of an abbreviation in text messaging my nephew taught me.  "TLDR" for Too long, didn't read.  

 

We need to give conservatives a course in how to edit a thread before posting. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
162
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
159
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

159 Views
Message 26 of 79

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 


Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

 

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.


Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.


Did your economics 101 not tell you that tax cuts put money in the hands of the consumer thereby creating demand and tax cuts in the hands of the corporation provides the means to produce the goods and services in demand?


That is true when it is a true tax cut which this is not. This is a shifting of funds to other taxes, and increasing the dfecit so it hurts the economny. Looks like you missed that class in econ. 101.


When a person's taxes are cut, that is a "true tax cut". I have experienced no "shifting" as a result of the Trump tax cuts. 

 

I do not have to sit in some imaginary class where they teach negativity to understand the realities.


Not true you still pay the same amount of Tax just in different forms. You have experienced it, and will during 2019 as that is when a lot of the shifting takes place. The experts have told us the traits of the far right enablers, and they would not understand what is going on so could very well not know what happened to them. Education is the key to upward movement and growth in people, and the experts have told us that is something lacking in the far right enablers.


You might want to start a topic on "enablers". But wading through the morass above I did see some reference to ill defined "shifting" that I would not understand.

 

Possibly you could explain that "shifting - in small words, of course.


The yellow pages has a list of all the education facilities in your area. Use them as you will get a well rounded course from them.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
159
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
155
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

155 Views
Message 27 of 79

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have no doubt there will be an attitude adjustment among Trump supporters when tax time comes around. There will be lots of stories about how the Corporations and top 10% of earners are saving millions while the vast majority will be looking at peanuts saved and a trillion dollar budget deficit. 


Only those concerned about what someone else has or gets would look at it that way. Most folks are pleased to have extra bucks in their pockets.

 

Also, most people understand that the money going to corporations helped build the economy and create new jobs. The formerly unemployed will be more interested in the positive effects on their lives rather than grousing about what somebody else got.


Demand is the only thing that creates jobs, tax cuts for the wealthiest creates no demand.  Economics 101.


Did your economics 101 not tell you that tax cuts put money in the hands of the consumer thereby creating demand and tax cuts in the hands of the corporation provides the means to produce the goods and services in demand?


That is true when it is a true tax cut which this is not. This is a shifting of funds to other taxes, and increasing the dfecit so it hurts the economny. Looks like you missed that class in econ. 101.


When a person's taxes are cut, that is a "true tax cut". I have experienced no "shifting" as a result of the Trump tax cuts. 

 

I do not have to sit in some imaginary class where they teach negativity to understand the realities.


Not true you still pay the same amount of Tax just in different forms. You have experienced it, and will during 2019 as that is when a lot of the shifting takes place. The experts have told us the traits of the far right enablers, and they would not understand what is going on so could very well not know what happened to them. Education is the key to upward movement and growth in people, and the experts have told us that is something lacking in the far right enablers.


You might want to start a topic on "enablers". But wading through the morass above I did see some reference to ill defined "shifting" that I would not understand.

 

Possibly you could explain that "shifting - in small words, of course.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
155
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
154
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

154 Views
Message 28 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

 

How dare YOU! The truth hurts.

 

If the shoe fits, wear it!


So, Nothappening .................... who on the left here in your opinion pays "no net income taxes"That certainly isn't true for me. Who are you speaking of? Give your mind-reading capabilities a test and list a few.


As a liberal poster on AARP, if you pay "lots of taxes" and enjoy it for the "sake of the country", you are one unique individual. Most liberals want super high taxes on others to be redistributed to them!


How about him being a truthfull poster on AARP. What type of poster are you on AARP. Most thinking members of AARP understand that we are all in this together, and that means we a chip in for programs that effect all of us. Fire, police, health, unemployment, basic retirement, roads, research like computers, medical, armed forces, children etc. Thinking people know in the long run everyone is better off. We do not say that we do not care about 800,000 people being forced off a payroll due to the mental sickness of Trump, Children being stolen from their parents, letting people die in the streets due to lack of health care etc. like the far right do. We believe in the better things in life, not destroying every thing we touch for our personal gain. The saddest group in the world are the far right, as they have never done anything to help just destroy. They gave us WW1 and WW2 in their path of destruction of the world we live in.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
154
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
142
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

142 Views
Message 29 of 79

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

 

How dare YOU! The truth hurts.

 

If the shoe fits, wear it!


So, Nothappening .................... who on the left here in your opinion pays "no net income taxes"That certainly isn't true for me. Who are you speaking of? Give your mind-reading capabilities a test and list a few.


As a liberal poster on AARP, if you pay "lots of taxes" and enjoy it for the "sake of the country", you are one unique individual. Most liberals want super high taxes on others to be redistributed to them!


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
142
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
145
Views

Re: Will There Be an Attitude Adjustment Come Tax Time?

145 Views
Message 30 of 79

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them).  The people that are ponying up taxes each year are thrilled!

 

How dare Trump actually give tax cuts to ONLY those burdened with income taxes?  That is discriminatory.


Personally I am deeply offended by your casual insistence that left posters "pay no net income taxes."

 

I don't know about other lefties, here, but as an older American who is too young for Medicare but too old to get a good job with insurance, I currently earn less than half of what I did 10 years ago as a professional marketer, when I was pulling down $80,000.

 

I have been working since I was 16, thank you very much.

 

I am a contractor, of course, so employers don't have to pay for insurance or, painfully, any contributions to FICA etc. I pay ALL of my FICA. Basically double what others pay. Should I be let go, which can happen for no reason other than the company decides to go in a different direction, I will not be eligible for unemployment.

 

I also work as a contractor for another company. I can't make ends meet without two jobs. 

 

I buy insurance via Obamacare because while I am in good health and in fact am a competitive swimmer, there are just some things that require a doctor's care. My rates continue to go up because of the removal of the individual mandate.

 

I know from one of your posts that you're on Medicare, and presumably are comfortable enough to be retired.

 

Therefore I DEEPLY RESENT your sneer at lefties, including me. How dare you make assumptions like that? What kind of person are you?

 

I understand that this kind of post may well get me booted permanently, but I don't care. I continually read rightie whining about how lazy all lefties are as I sit here struggling to earn a living, and I'm finally SO EFFING TIRED of the self-satisfied, smarmy rightwing bigots assuming that lefties don't work, when in fact the harder I've worked, the less I've gotten year after year after year.

 

In fact, I'll pretty much be working until lunchtime on the day of my funeral. Yet YOU righties worship the corporate slime who have taken everything from the middle class, including me. And you turn around and mock us, just to add insult to injury.

 

I also know righties will respond to this without shame, and will babble about Hillary and Dems and other deflections from the truth -- because you KNOW the truth. But as long as YOU'RE comfortable, you just. don't. care about anyone else.

 

How dare you?


How dare I? First of all, I didn't say "left posters pay no income tax".  What I said was: "Not amongst the left posters here.  They pay no net income taxes so they are bitter about Trump's tax cut which ONLY gave cuts to people actually paying taxes (all of them)."

 

How dare YOU! The truth hurts.

 

If the shoe fits, wear it!


You said what you said. It is NEVER the truth when you make blanket statements like that.

 

And it is deeply offensive to hard-working people who also happen to be lefties. And you are doubling down on the insult. 

 

 

Of course, posters here are protected by the TOS so you feel perfectly comfortable posting such vile things. 

 

YOU are in tall cotton with your Medicare and your retirement, so you feel free to insult and demean others who work just as hard as you do but have not had your good fortune.

 

Have you no shame or decency?


I have paid dearly for that Medicare and am still paying for it in spades so that's how I get to complain about Medicare and liberals who are leaching off the government and come here to complain they they don't have enough handouts.

 

That's how!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
145
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors