Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will The Political Hatred Let Up????

Message 21 of 180

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why do you think that those who have the money should be able to do whatever they want with no repercussions?

Do you think that those who doesn't have money should be able to do whatever they want with no repercussions?

That is a weird response. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 180

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why do you think that those who have the money should be able to do whatever they want with no repercussions?

Do you think that those who doesn't have money should be able to do whatever they want with no repercussions?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 180

@Soosie wrote:

Because of deductions and tax breaks the rich will pay a lesser percentage of their income in taxes than you do. You get to pay for the government and society which allows them to keep their 80% of the wealth while the remaining 90% of the nation pay the bills on their 20% of the wealth. Asked and answered. @Richva...................so what is it you want on a personal basis? What is it about wealth that offends you so much? Are you so poor that you don't have a home or can't afford to eat? Do you want someone to give you a company or enormous wealth? Are you not happy in your present circumstances? If not, what can you do to improve them?

Why do GOPers insist the America we had from 1936 until 1985 was so vastly inferior that we should never want to return? How does absense of starvation or homelessness for ONE INDIVIDUAL equate to a fair and just society?

The "enormous wealth" that has been TAKEN from the bottom 99% works out to around $34,000/year - the difference between what they are making ($54K) and would have made ($88K) if the distribution of profits followed the same trend line it was on from 1947 until 1986.

Are Republicans still insisting things were WORSE for the middle class when they saw 97% of their increased productivity return to them as higher wages than they are NOW with the "rate of return" at 2.3%, which is less than inflation? Worse for American business when they contributed 50% of total Federal tax revenues and saw NET profits grow 4-5% in real terms each year?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 180

@Soosie wrote:
The middle and lower income folks will not be continually robbed to pay the wealthy. @williamb.......I consider myself middle class. Can you tell me how the wealthy are stealing from me? Some very wealthy people work at the same company I work for. Some wealthy people own it and keep it solvent. Were it not for them and their wealth, I would not have a good job and would not have a good lifestyle. I also have good health care because of my company insurance. I am treated with respect. The point I am trying to make is most of the time we are in charge of some of the things you mention. It is on an individual basis. We control so much that you think the government can control. I shutter to think the government has any more control over me than now.

Such total worship of the rich is seldom seen outside absolute Monarchies, and in those Monarchies there is an actual connection between the Monarch and the condition of the people. No such connection exists in a modern American coroporation, but IS the norm in the rest of the World.

To somehow conclude Corporations could not exist if they paid responsible taxes and gave fair compensation to their workers is beyond absurd. That was the Status Quo for decades before Reagan and could be the norm for decades to come, once the Republicans are removed from power.

By the way, if things are so good at Soosie's Corporation, why does she still have to work at all? She is a "Senior", right?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 180

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It's also a classic example of the hypocrisy of so-called Christians; now one suggest the ten commandments have been changed to, "Thou shall not commit adultery if your President".

Of course the ten commandments were part of the Law of Moses which applied to the Children of Israel, whereas the New Testament applies to Christians.  And it says to judge not lest you be judged.  So, you are also a biblical scholar?   Never would know it by your posts.

Have you thought to make a comparison between Trump and Clinton when it comes to discussions about their private lives?  Apparently they run in parallels.  The difference seems to be that Clinton didn't have the money to pay off his victims.

Have a good day

A better question is why are the Trump enablers using the slimiest actions of a previous president to justify their actions?   Let's look at the Obama and the two Bush WH with no hint of infidelity at all.  Let's look at Hillary with no hint of infidelity at all AND she weathered the storm to save her marriage.  Or, we could look at Trump who proudly declares he liked to "grab em".   

Just another form of "what about?".  I remember when Republicans believed in individual responsibility, not group amnesty. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 180

@williamb39198 wrote:

Will it let up? Probably depends on which side of the fence you’re on, and maybe not!

For me, when trump and his administration is out of office, and we are not subjected to lies, prejudice, uninformed policies on a daily basis. 

Perhaps a new Repub party, when the trump repub party and freedom caucus are diminished because of their attack only and prejudiced influence. 

The free press can operate as the Free Press. 

All people are treated with respect, dignity, and given help when needed.

SCOTUS will not be an operational political arm of trump.

The middle and lower income folks will not be continually robbed to pay the wealthy. 

Mueller can complete his investigation. 

Sane approaches to healthcare and entitlements. 

Voter rights and registration encouraged. 

Take dark money out of politics. 

Anyone want to guess on a timeline!

Groundwork accomplished in November, actual rebuilding of America to begin early January withoput Republican control of House and Senate.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 180

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It's also a classic example of the hypocrisy of so-called Christians; now one suggest the ten commandments have been changed to, "Thou shall not commit adultery if your President".

Of course the ten commandments were part of the Law of Moses which applied to the Children of Israel, whereas the New Testament applies to Christians.  And it says to judge not lest you be judged.  So, you are also a biblical scholar?   Never would know it by your posts.

Have you thought to make a comparison between Trump and Clinton when it comes to discussions about their private lives?  Apparently they run in parallels.  The difference seems to be that Clinton didn't have the money to pay off his victims.

Have a good day

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 180

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Older posted ..

@KidBoy2wrote:
Will The Political Hatred Let Up????

Not when we have people that say things that are lies like this about Conservatives and Republicans..

..they want to make white again GOP accepts support from KKK

..they want to do away with SS and Medicare GOP wants to PRIVATIZE - turn over to WallStreet - SS and Medicare

..they support the KKK It took Der Trumper MONTHS to reject David Dukes support and when he did, he did everything short of wearing a bedsheet to let the Klansmen know he didn't really mean it.

..they support Nazis Calling Nazis "GOOD PEOPLE" is SUPPORTING THEM.

...they are White Supremacists Calling the good people is support.

..they do not pay their fair share The Uberrich get 80% of wealth created each year, they should pay 80% of the taxes to support the system that gives them the wealth. You wnat those who are in poverty to pay taxes and sink farther into poverty.

..they do not care about the poor Show a time GOPers supported raising the minimum wage, increasing support for public schools, expanding access to healthcare.

People that think that and say that and post that are stirring hate in our country and I say shame on they!!

Progressives post the Truth, the Truth is all the things you object to having said about you, the shame is on the racist, misogynistic, xenophobic haters of the poor, not on the ones who expose the haters.

==========================

Thanks...your post again proves what I posted is true.

PS There is some political hatred on the right too but I do not hear as much from the right as I do from the left.

Is that because you agree with the hatred spewed by the right or is it because you are not paying attention?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 180

At least a few Republicans have the courage and integrity to stand up to Russia and the falsehoods.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 180

williamb39198 posted..

Besides the support of: lies, false accusations, maligning the character of others, making America white again, there is this fascination with trying to make a connection with past Presidents or political opponents! How have they affected the lunacy of trump policies.

Are the doing “Jedi mind tricks” on trump?

trump is on his own here, he’s responsible...even though he always blames others for his bad decisions.

===========================

There you go with another lie ... "making America white again" is a made up racist thing that the left has used to brainwash the ignorant.

We are in the age were anyone with the know how can change things around to their liking this is how it worked with make America great ....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/make-america-white-again-trump/

Fact Check Fauxtography
‘Make America White Again’
A photograph of Donald Trump supporters wearing "Make America White Again" shirts at a rally is an altered version of a less controversial picture.

Facebook2.5kTwitterRedditWhatsAppEmailMore
CLAIM
Photograph shows Donald Trump supporters wearing "Make America White Again" shirts at a rally.

RATING
FALSE

ORIGIN
In early March 2016, a photograph began circulating on Facebook depicting four women at a Donald Trump rally seemingly wearing t-shirts that spelled out the slogan “Make America White Again”:

The image was a riff on Trump’s much-debated campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” a phrase that opponents countered by asserting America never “stopped being great.” However, Trump’s words resonated with his base, and the slogan appears on a plethora of shirts, hats, and other Trump campaign items.

It wasn’t difficult to determine that the photograph had been altered. The original dated to at least December 2015 and showed that the pictured Trump supporters had simply reproduced Trump’s rallying phrase, with the third woman’s shirt digitally changed to read “WHITE” rather than “GREAT”:

Kudos
Views