Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will Comeys Actions Change How You Vote?

Message 1 of 46

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So the answer is to put someone in the Whitehouse who - Brags about utilizing Washington Corruption by bribing Politicians like Clinton and for that he should earn our respect and the Presidency

mick - let's clarify that a bit. Trump did not establish the corruption. He was bragging about learning how to function within the environment created by the pols (including Hillary).

Ok lets clarify that rarely do criminals seek to establish a legal evidentiary trail that even Director Comey could follow......................................

But isn't that why we have Comey and the Department of the FBI in the first place

Comey just notified the Congress that new evidence had surfaced in a previous investigation even though he had no idea if the new evidence was exculpatory or inculpatory

Trump has made numerous public statement about frequently participating in bribing US politicians - a activity that is both a State and a Federal Crime - shouldn;t we the public and Comey at least give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him

Trump Quotes

1. Donald Trump used to have a simple theory for how politicians worked. “When you give,” he said last year, “they do whatever the hell you want them to do.”

2. “I was a businessman,” Trump smarmed at a debate earlier this year. -

“I give to everybody. When they call, I give.”

3. “You know what? When I need something from them, two years later, three years later, I call them, and they are there for me. . . . And that’s a broken system.”

4. “You’d better believe it,” Trump said. “If I ask them, if I need them, you know, most of the people on this stage I’ve given to, just so you understand, a lot of money.”

5. Earlier in the debate, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., had stated that Trump “buys and sells politicians of all stripes.” He wasn’t so much complaining that big donors like Trump can buy and sell politicians as grumbling that Trump should only purchase Republicans. (Trump, indicating toward Paul, responded: “Well, I’ve given him plenty of money.”)

6. In January, Trump said, “When I want something I get it. When I call, they kiss my ass. It's true.”

7. “Who knows better than me? I give to everybody. They do whatever I want. It’s true.”

At the very least - based on Trumps numerous comments on the subject Comey and the FBI should investigate the legality of Trumps numerous campaign contributions starting with the substantial contribution to Pam Bondi who was determining whether or not to bring charges against Trump University

Opensecrets has done a lot of research on Trumps Campaign Contibutions here

mick - let's simplify things. A guy walks into a bank with a gun and sez, "Gimme da munny" - that is a crime.

A businessman finds out that to get a permit, approval, whatever he has to pay a pol $$$ - that is political corruption.

One is a guy working one his own outside the system; the other is a guy working by the rules of the system.

I am not approving of it. I am just saying that you can't blame the guy that works within the system - by it's rules.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

So the answer is to put someone in the Whitehouse who - Brags about utilizing Washington Corruption by bribing Politicians like Clinton and for that he should earn our respect and the Presidency

mick - let's clarify that a bit. Trump did not establish the corruption. He was bragging about learning how to function within the environment created by the pols (including Hillary).

Ok lets clarify that rarely do criminals seek to establish a legal evidentiary trail that even Director Comey could follow......................................

But isn't that why we have Comey and the Department of the FBI in the first place

Comey just notified the Congress that new evidence had surfaced in a previous investigation even though he had no idea if the new evidence was exculpatory or inculpatory

Trump has made numerous public statement about frequently participating in bribing US politicians - a activity that is both a State and a Federal Crime - shouldn;t we the public and Comey at least give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him

Trump Quotes

1. Donald Trump used to have a simple theory for how politicians worked. “When you give,” he said last year, “they do whatever the hell you want them to do.”

2. “I was a businessman,” Trump smarmed at a debate earlier this year. -

“I give to everybody. When they call, I give.”

3. “You know what? When I need something from them, two years later, three years later, I call them, and they are there for me. . . . And that’s a broken system.”

4. “You’d better believe it,” Trump said. “If I ask them, if I need them, you know, most of the people on this stage I’ve given to, just so you understand, a lot of money.”

5. Earlier in the debate, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., had stated that Trump “buys and sells politicians of all stripes.” He wasn’t so much complaining that big donors like Trump can buy and sell politicians as grumbling that Trump should only purchase Republicans. (Trump, indicating toward Paul, responded: “Well, I’ve given him plenty of money.”)

6. In January, Trump said, “When I want something I get it. When I call, they kiss my ass. It's true.”

7. “Who knows better than me? I give to everybody. They do whatever I want. It’s true.”

At the very least - based on Trumps numerous comments on the subject Comey and the FBI should investigate the legality of Trumps numerous campaign contributions starting with the substantial contribution to Pam Bondi who was determining whether or not to bring charges against Trump University

Opensecrets has done a lot of research on Trumps Campaign Contibutions here

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 46

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 46

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Come on scout, let's face it - she goofed. All that secret stuff that her assistant had (possibly illegally) in her computer got saved in her husbands machine and now she can't erase it. Try to deal with the realities of the world rather than just tossing out stall cliches.

I have heard Right Wingers talk about dealing with realities of the world but have yet to have on demonstrate how to do that. Reality is that Hillary is still ahead in the polls, at least the broad base polls. It seems that Trump won't win even with Comey 'rigging' things for him. Deal with that reality.

Any chance you could point out how that relates to the post it was (theoretically) in response to? Who's ahead has nothing to do with possibly classified data on Weiner's computer.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 46

@kd8129 wrote:

Hillary is one of the worse candidates the Democrats have ever put forward, I've have never seen her do one good thing for the country in 30 years even setting aside the corruption, The party has some good moderate people but the far left prevents them from running.

DC has a huge probelm on both sides unless we can control or stop corruption we will continue

our decline in the world, what is so sad people voting on party lines clear to see what that has

got us.

Never Hillary,.

It's nonsensical and illogical - we have two choices -

1. A Career Politician who has been accused mercilessly of being crooked for over 30 years and especially over the last two years with Republican Control of both Houses of Congress - not one charge has ever - not once - not ever been proven - again - 30 years in Public Service and never not once has anyone been able to prove one conspiracy - one criminal complaint

2. A Proven Liar - A person who brags about being a Sexual Predator - a person who brags about becoming rich by bribing Politicians - a person who's demonstrated his thin skin by going insane on Social Media and a person who brags about never serving his country in the military or in public service and a person who brags about never supporting his country by avoiding paying any income taxes

Huh? Am I missing something?

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 46

Hillary is one of the worse candidates the Democrats have ever put forward, I've have never seen her do one good thing for the country in 30 years even setting aside the corruption, The party has some good moderate people but the far left prevents them from running.

DC has a huge probelm on both sides unless we can control or stop corruption we will continue

our decline in the world, what is so sad people voting on party lines clear to see what that has

got us.

Never Hillary,.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

Come on scout, let's face it - she goofed. All that secret stuff that her assistant had (possibly illegally) in her computer got saved in her husbands machine and now she can't erase it. Try to deal with the realities of the world rather than just tossing out stall cliches.

I have heard Right Wingers talk about dealing with realities of the world but have yet to have on demonstrate how to do that. Reality is that Hillary is still ahead in the polls, at least the broad base polls. It seems that Trump won't win even with Comey 'rigging' things for him. Deal with that reality.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The FBI investigates what the Director of the FBI tells them to investigate, and if the Director is a gutless political hack attempting to regain favor among the fascist wing of his party by inventing lies about Hillary, the FBI will investigate those lies. Then when they find nothing AGAIN, the Director will go on TV and scare the mor0nic base of his party by talking about all the stuff they MIGHT have found, just like he's done in the past.

As for "where there's smoke" JFK nailed it when he observed, "In politics, where there's smoke, there's usually a smoke-making machine". Hillary has been under constant attack, poorly disguised as Congressional Inquiries, for 20+ years and the GOPers have found NOTHING! Compare this to the situation where every Republican rock that gets kicked over reveals a slighering mass of corruption and deceit.

Oh my, "gutless political hack", the usual "fascists", some nonsense about "inventing lies" (actually, investigating new found information), "**bleep**ic base", "GOPers", and something about "a slighering mass".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

As for "where there's smoke" JFK nailed it when he observed, "In politics, where there's smoke, there's usually a smoke-making machine". 

-----

Then apparently there is a HUGE smoke-making machine here in the liberal camp blowing smoke all over the place to protect and defend Hillary. 

As far as Hillary being investigated for years, I'll bring up what I've posted a good many times here...AL CAPONE.  The feds kept attempting to get him convicted without success, but it took an accountant to send him to Alcatraz.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 46

The FBI investigates what the Director of the FBI tells them to investigate, and if the Director is a gutless political hack attempting to regain favor among the fascist wing of his party by inventing lies about Hillary, the FBI will investigate those lies. Then when they find nothing AGAIN, the Director will go on TV and scare the mor0nic base of his party by talking about all the stuff they MIGHT have found, just like he's done in the past.

As for "where there's smoke" JFK nailed it when he observed, "In politics, where there's smoke, there's usually a smoke-making machine". Hillary has been under constant attack, poorly disguised as Congressional Inquiries, for 20+ years and the GOPers have found NOTHING! Compare this to the situation where every Republican rock that gets kicked over reveals a slighering mass of corruption and deceit.

Kudos
Views