WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will California be problem for Democrats in 2018 election?

Message 11 of 17

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

I, of course, disagree with @jimc91's above post as I see the questioning of a source's credibility as a valid debate point. If a source is not credible; then what is written by that source is not credible.

----

I also don't like being called a troll.

Is it valid to continuing to disagree with the source, shouldn't a poster instead attempt to show that the content of the source is erroneous?  The source isn't part of the discussion but an indication to show where the information comes from.

Do you have a valid reason to disagree with the content?

Continuing to focus on the source tends to make one a troll.

So your comment is that a historically discredited source that has had statement after statement debunked WILL HAVE VALID content.

No wonder the electorate can't tell the real from the fake anymore.

Again, throwing the troll moniker around is name calling and I am sure a violation of the TOS.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 17

@nctarheel wrote:

I, of course, disagree with @jimc91's above post as I see the questioning of a source's credibility as a valid debate point. If a source is not credible; then what is written by that source is not credible.

----

Is it valid to continuing to disagree with the source, shouldn't a poster instead attempt to show that the content of the source is erroneous?  The source isn't part of the discussion but an indication to show where the information comes from.

Do you have a valid reason to disagree with the content?

Continuing to focus on the source tends to make one a troll.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 17

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel,  

I get it you don't like the article but like another poster here said on many occasions;  There is no obligation for you to post to my thread especially when you have nothing to contribute to the subject under discussion.

My comment is that is the behavior of an Internet troll.  Are you a troll?  You never seem to post anything of substance, just protest to protest.

Do you have any thoughts on the topic posted?

If you do please share them...  If you do not that is OK too, but please for the sake of this adult forum, refrain from childish and troll behavior.

Food for thinking adults.

It is not @jimc91's thread as no one owns the threads; even though he claims possession of it.

But I have another issue with @jimc91's response above that maybe some other posters can help me with.

@jimc91's words in the above post sounded awfully familiar so I checked the archives. If one checks the thread, "Of Course, Obama Knew Of The Spying On The Trump Campaign", @jimc91's post of 9:31PM on May 28, 2018; one would not find similar words from @jimc91 but THE EXACT SAME WORDS as the post above. THE EXACT SAME WORDS!!!!!

Forum spamming is a breach of netiquette for sure. Forum spamming is where users repeat the same words or phrases but here THE ENTIRE POST is repeated.

I need someone more attune to discussion boards to tell me what I am dealing with here. Is a WORD FOR WORD repeat of a post something a "bot" might do?

Does it meet the definition of spamming?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 17

@nctarheel,  

I get it you don't like the article but like another poster here said on many occasions;  There is no obligation for you to post to my thread especially when you have nothing to contribute to the subject under discussion.

My comment is that is the behavior of an Internet troll.  Are you a troll?  You never seem to post anything of substance, just protest to protest.

Do you have any thoughts on the topic posted?

If you do please share them...  If you do not that is OK too, but please for the sake of this adult forum, refrain from childish and troll behavior.

Food for thinking adults.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 17

What California really needs to come to terms is with the idea that eventually they will have to leave the Union.

They are a completely different country, with different values and culture. they don't belong. It would be a tremendous step but it would be a positive one.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 17

@jimc91 wrote:

BY DOUGLAS SCHOEN

Douglas E. Schoen (@DouglasESchoen) served as a pollster for President Clinton. A longtime political consultant, he is also a Fox News contributor and the author of 11 books, including “Putin’s Master Plan: To Destroy Europe, Divide NATO, and Restore Russian Power and Global Influence.”

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/390436-will-california-be-problem-for-democrats-in-2018-election

Once again, folks, @jimc91, is using a "journalist" where he only gives you a tiny bit of their resume so you don't know who the REAL person is.

Here's the REAL Dougals Schoen.....

He writes for NEWSMAX. As we all know, NEWSMAX is an organization run by conspiracy theorist, Christopher Ruddy. It is a website "chock a block" full of "shock news, moral outrages, and conspiracy theories"

He's got ties to Ukrainian oligarch Victor Pinchuk, having solicited one of Trump's largest contributions to his campaign from this man. Due to these ties, he is a REGISTERED FOREIGN AGENT.

And yes, I said he solicited money FOR Trump.... kind of strange for a "DEMOCRAT" to do that, isn't it? Why, yes it is. That is why his self-identification as a DEMOCRAT is generally thought of as being PHONY..... being used as a set-up of being a DEMOCRAT on Fox News.

I wish, just once, fringe resources weren't used for these postings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Will California be problem for Democrats in 2018 election?

Message 17 of 17

BY DOUGLAS SCHOEN

This week’s primary elections in California represent an important moment for the Democratic Party. The state will be central in the Democrats effort to take back the house in 2018, as seven Republican incumbents hold districts which went for Secretary Clinton in 2016.

However, Democrats’ chances may be imperiled by a lack of unity, a shift in national sentiment, and the structure of California’s “jungle primary.”

For the Democrats, the surge of progressive activism and increasingly left-leaning agenda has led to crowded fields of Democratic candidates across California districts.

Because of the state’s jungle primary system, where the two candidates who receive the highest number of votes, regardless of party, face off in the November ballot, Democrats risk being drowned out by a few Republican candidates who have proven to appeal to more cohesive and organized bases.

The nonpartisan California Target Book has counted 60 Democrats running in the 14 districts that are currently represented by Republicans. If Democratic votes are spread too thin, they run the risk of getting locked out of the November general election and allowing Republicans to retain the seats.

Noticing the seriousness of this issue, Jay Chen, a Democratic candidate for California’s 39th district was polling side by side other leading Democratic candidates when he decided to drop out.

The polling indicated that Democratic voters might be divided enough to create an all-Republican general election. Chen still thinks the Democratic party faces a “precarious situation” and predicts that few will join his lead in putting the Party’s success over personal ambitions or discrete progressive policy goals.

Chen told the New York Times that “If you’ve never been involved in the party before and you just ran because you want to run, then you don’t really have those considerations.”

This is the inherent problem with the Democrats in California. With so many new candidates entering the field, the party lacks a real uniting message and it will likely lead to unpredictable outcomes.

In sum, Democrats are struggling to set themselves apart. Fran Sdao, chair of the Orange County Democratic Party, said “there’s a lot of frustration” within the party, with voters continually questioning who they should support in the upcoming primaries.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is struggling to shape the field, due to many wealthy candidates self-funding their campaigns, giving the DCCC no leverage.

In some instances, such as the race for California’s 48th, Democratic organizations and campaigns are getting ugly against each other. The district, a longtime Republican stronghold, was won by Hillary Clinton in 2016 and is now seeing a divisive Democratic primary.

The two Democratic frontrunners, Hans Keirstead and Harley Rouda, are locked in an extraordinarily divisive campaign against one another. Keirstead blamed Rouda’s campaign for releasing salacious and unfounded accusations of misconduct during his time as a professor at the University of California, Irvine.  

While Michael McLaughlin, Rouda’s campaign manager, recently said of the Keirstead campaign that “Even on their best days they can’t help but join Donald Trump and mislead Orange County voters.”

Rouda has the endorsement of the DCCC, while Keirstead is backed by the California state Democratic Party. This level of vitriol and contention among Democrats is seriously hurting their chances at flipping seats and ultimately retaking the House in November.

Additionally, in the period of just the past few months, the Democrats’ advantage nationally has slipped as well. According to the Real Clear Politics average, voters favor Democrats over Republicans nationally by just 4 points. Six months ago, the Democrats led by a full 13 points in the general congressional vote.

In many ways, this narrowing of the generic ballot by Republicans can be credited to low unemployment, a growing economy, a strong stock market, and a potentially groundbreaking denuclearization agreement with North Korea, giving Republican leaders a lot to campaign on.

To be sure, California is a predominately Blue state. But with the June 5 primary around the corner, Democrats are still scrambling to unify. To capitalize on the upcoming 2018 midterms, Democrats in California must move forward with a moderate and inclusive platform that will bring voters of all backgrounds to unify rather than divide the party.

Douglas E. Schoen (@DouglasESchoen) served as a pollster for President Clinton. A longtime political consultant, he is also a Fox News contributor and the author of 11 books, including “Putin’s Master Plan: To Destroy Europe, Divide NATO, and Restore Russian Power and Global Influence.”

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/390436-will-california-be-problem-for-democrats-in-2018-election

VIMTSTL
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies