Honored Social Butterfly

Will America's Law Enforcement Revolt?

How does anyone even want these jobs? these ESSENTIAL jobs!  NYC Police Benevolent Association predicts 5-10K police officers will retire withing the next few years. In addition the "blue flu" is increasing. The NY state police union is asking all their (200) members be removed from NYC because of the risk to them 

There are 800,000 law enforcement officers in this nation and 99% are the best of the best who serve with distinction. However the BLM movement calls them pigs, antfa calls for their death, the media openly condemns law enforcement and openly threatens/supports defunding police. This has gone to far and needs to stop. I predict murder rates to go through the roof, crime to increase, and lawlessness to run amok. 

Time for law abiding Americans to show their support of/to our friends and neighbors who have answered the call to protect and serve. 

Blue Lives Matter

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

I hope the Police "revolt" from being used to make America a Police State, which seems to be what tRump wants.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Trump World, Fox is trying to convince them that thousands of police officers are in revolt. As usual, Fox viewers believe the propaganda, but the rest of the country, who live in the real world, has no fear of a law enforcement revolt.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

No

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I’m totally fine with the snowflakes quitting or retiring. Modern policing isn’t for them. I want police who want to help their communities, period. 

Honored Social Butterfly

ManicProgressive posted..

I’m totally fine with the snowflakes quitting or retiring. Modern policing isn’t for them.

================================================================

snowflakes? Many of our police that are quitting and retiring are good cops and are doing so thanks to the coverage the media is giving ... they are making it sound like cops are bad...they are the good ones.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I’m totally fine with the snowflakes quitting or retiring. Modern policing isn’t for them.

================================================================

snowflakes? Many of our police that are quitting and retiring are good cops and are doing so thanks to the coverage the media is giving ... they are making it sound like cops are bad...they are the good ones.

No. the ones who are leaving because of the current outcry over bad cops are the ones who can't handle NOT being treated like a god because of their profession.   They are more about being praised and admired than actually doing the work of helping people.    There's no room in good departments for fragile cops.   They may be great people.  But this profession is not for them.  The tough ones tough it out and know they can make their departments even better.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive 

Your post is a total characterization of the what you want to be true as opposed to what is true.... commonly refereed to as wishful thinking. Polce officers do not want to be targets... both with a bullet from a gun, from the media, from their mayors or the woke crowd. 

People mostly stick with crappy jobs because of economics. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I posted...

==================================================

No. the ones who are leaving because of the current outcry over bad cops are the ones who can't handle NOT being treated like a god because of their profession. They are more about being praised and admired than actually doing the work of helping people.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Opinion does not make it true.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I posted...

==================================================

No. the ones who are leaving because of the current outcry over bad cops are the ones who can't handle NOT being treated like a god because of their profession. They are more about being praised and admired than actually doing the work of helping people.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Opinion does not make it true.

Remember, the same goes for yours.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

A supervising video producer for Joe Biden's presidential campaign tweeted a meme in June that urged people to stop calling the police "pigs" -- but only because unlike the police, pigs are "highly intelligent and empathetic animals who would never racially profile you."

The videographer, Sara Pearl, also retweeted a user's comment that while "pigs are sweet, intelligent and compassionate," police officers are "monsters" who "don't deserve to be called pigs."

On June 1, Pearl tweeted simply, "#DefundPolice."

Since then she has deleted his tweets and the Biden campaign has not responded. Biden doesn't want to alienate his far left voters, but sooner or later that fence he's sitting on is gonna give way.

Blue Lives Matter

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777    We all need to be careful as to how we word our posts, we have already been warned as to posting imflamatory posts and remarks we don't want any of our posters to be penalized for it.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Who will protect the peaceful citizens? Remember the chaz or chop zone in Seattle... and the problems that went on? how soon we forget.

https://medium.com/illumination/what-if-the-police-revolt-ca5a44ba4790

Honored Social Butterfly

The Fox Propaganda Network is convincing their loyal followers that every city in America suffers from rioting and looting 24/7.

The Fox Propaganda Network is convincing their loyal followers that thousands of police officers are resigning every day.

Unbelievable!

Although the above is absurd, the Dems "Defund Police Departments" slogan is equally absurd. How stupid can they be?

Honored Social Butterfly

C T posted..

The Fox Propaganda Network is convincing their loyal followers that every city in America suffers from rioting and looting 24/7.

The Fox Propaganda Network is convincing their loyal followers that thousands of police officers are resigning every day.

===========================================================\

It seems they are as many in the big cities are resigning. And its in cities that are run by Democrats that instead of supporting their police they are cutting the budgets of our police.

And this is the truth and its not about FOX!
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

It seems they are as many in the big cities are resigning. And its in cities that are run by Democrats that instead of supporting their police they are cutting the budgets of our police.

If it is the truth, you should be able to post a link, right?

Regular Social Butterfly

KidBoy2 wrote:

Richva wrote:  If it is the truth, you should be able to post a link, right?

@Richva   Quite honestly, i cannot believe that you are so uninformed that you don't already know this.  But just in case you have been in the basement with biden...Which "truth" are you in need of?  It's out there, trust me.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/majority-of-seattle-city-council-supports-plan-to-cut-police...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/us/nypd-retirement-filings-soar/index.html

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/06/14/minneapolis-officers-quit-in-wake-of-george-floyd-protes...

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Oh my gawd, repeating the fairy tales and fantastical incoherent tweets of IMPOTUS do not make them true.  

Here's the deal.  IMPOTUS has little... no, make that nothing... to run on for a second term.  No agenda.  No program.  So he is flailing here, grasping at straws.  He's throwing "LAW & ORDER" against the wall to see if it sticks.  Methinks that wall is getting pretty slick and oily.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

How does anyone even want these jobs? these ESSENTIAL jobs!  NYC Police Benevolent Association predicts 5-10K police officers will retire withing the next few years. In addition the "blue flu" is increasing. The NY state police union is asking all their (200) members be removed from NYC because of the risk to them 

There are 800,000 law enforcement officers in this nation and 99% are the best of the best who serve with distinction. However the BLM movement calls them pigs, antfa calls for their death, the media openly condemns law enforcement and openly threatens/supports defunding police. This has gone to far and needs to stop. I predict murder rates to go through the roof, crime to increase, and lawlessness to run amok. 

Time for law abiding Americans to show their support of/to our friends and neighbors who have answered the call to protect and serve. 

Blue Lives Matter

You are correct we should support our police.

We can start that by getting out of our police the far right thinking people who use the police as a way to carry out their real goal of having a Dictatorship. They are in the monitory so that makes it easier as the real police can do it with our help by providing leadership.

We can provide National leadership in this cause by making sure Dictator Trump goes into the trash can of history along with his followers in Nov.

We can increase the pay and benefits of the people serving in the police forces of the USA, and pay for it by taxing the rich more. That will have the added benefit of reducing the money gap between the rich and poor.

NO TRUMP AFTER 2020.

Honored Social Butterfly

How many of y'all had family members, neighbors  who served as LEO's? 

My Dad my Uncle and a neighbor. Multiple members in my church as well. I'm proud of their service and the lives they have saved. 

God bless all of them

Honored Social Butterfly

Seems the GOPerLords put out a memo telling their Bots to pretend Republicans support Police when it is the Republican tax cuts that put the cops in the position of dealing with homelessness, mental illness, domestic issues, school discipline and truancy, substance abuse and financing the local government that employs them. 

The ONLY "support" Republicans actually offer the Police is to cheer the worst of them on when they gas, beat and harass peaceful protestors, and give them military hardware to assist in that activity.  Never a word about RESTORING (these are things we had until Reagan) the social services that allowed the police to concentrate on fighting crime and protecting the population.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777    wHAT IS A  LEO?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Fishslayer777    wHAT IS A  LEO?

I assume "Law Enforcement Officer".  I think people use it when trying to show they are cool. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Using an acronym like BLM is an attempt at coolness?  

That was dumb statement and sophomoric. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777   My personal opinion on the Black Lives Matter. movement. I see it as the second phase of the  Civil Right Movement in the United States, it is trying to complete the mission of the Civil Rights that was unable to complete.
To bring to the surface what the Civil Rights intended but it was never able to finish. and that is the  endemic racism that has always plagued this country.
Today, like in the 60's  We all grew and took a look at what is happening and most of us don't like it.
And I am  speaking about racism. not about any Administration. this is not a political post is a cultural impression of this society.
We really never finished wiping out the stereotype that other races represent to many whites in this country.

So, now the country is at a time in which is suffering from the worse time in our history, not only in our goverment whether you are for it or not., but also the economy, this pandemic and the rationalization that the justice system is flawed. Too many things bubbling to the surface. and that is the unrest that we are all seeing.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Using an acronym like BLM is an attempt at coolness?  

That was dumb statement and sophomoric. 

It was a dumb and sophomoric statement. The Regressives are starting to rub off on me.  On the other hand, nobody has to ask what "BLM", "IBM" "IRS", or "NRA" mean, do they?

Honored Social Butterfly

It was a dumb and sophomoric statement. The Regressives are starting to rub off on me.  On the other hand, nobody has to ask what "BLM", "IBM" "IRS", or "NRA" mean, do they?

Do the Progressive regressives know what ALM means?  Hint - all lives matter, not just black lives!

Honored Social Butterfly

They should.

Next time you are being attacked try calling your mayors office for help!
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Do the Progressive regressives know what ALM means?  Hint - all lives matter, not just black lives!

We certainly do.  As an added bonus, we don't have to be reminded that Black Lives Matter as the Regressive movement does. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png